British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Berwick Ch 7-9-17@7-30pm

Football - a 3 o'clock kick off is at... 3 o'clock.

By 7.43 at a speedway meeting we should be on the 3rd race.

• Like 3

Christ on a bike people will have a whinge at anything these days. Ipswich have advertised the start of meetings at 7.30 since 1950 ffs.

Quite right too. If it was advertised at 7.45 and you went for the first time and got in at 7.43, only to be told by the regulars you've missed the parade and introduction of the riders on show would you be happy?

In 35 years of attending, I've never seen or heard anyone kick up a fuss because they were told it was a 7.30 start and have had to wait 15 minutes for the first race!

Exactly. Kick off is at 3 so you kick off at 3 . So first race, not start of meeting is at 7.45 and is. Meeting starts at 7.30, which it does, it starts with the parade. Not anywhere does it say racing starts at 7.30.

Need to get Vatcher to make a ruling on what the "start time" relates to.

I agree. The amount of whinging on a number of threads is really starting to get on my nerves.

On the Updates thread tonight, there seems to be a series of posts about people no longer attending speedway at

Foxhall for various reasons. It seems to me that some individuals as is their prerogative have decided to no longer attend but as a general principle I would say that the average crowd this season is appreciably better than last.

Personally, I appreciate the fact that I still have a speedway team I can watch and support and will continue to hand my money over as long as either it or I are still around.

Anyway, back to tonight's meeting. Another solid performance and another great guest in Lewis Kerr. Not the best of meetings with a number of heats pretty strung out.

• Like 3

I thought Berwick put up a better fight than most teams and indeed kept it close for 2/3 of the meeting.

A number of good tussles paricularly for the minor places. Overall an enjoyable night.

Not the best of meetings I've seen this season sadly but another comfortable win which is always good for keeping confidence high going into the playoffs.

At home recently our guest choices have been excellent, the only real let down was Doolan away with a big fat duck , enough said on that one .

Onto the playoffs and KO cup now after our remaining away league fixtures. Will be interesting to see who Sheffield pick to face in the semi's, I'm only guessing but I doubt it will be us .

And finally , please give it a rest on the start time people , some must live sad lives if a few minutes parade/intros is that upsetting to them !

• Like 2

In which case, they need to start advertising that as the start-time. Instead of looking like a team who start late every single week.

To clarity, the advertised start-time of a meeting should be when the racing starts. Not when the parade starts.

All the best

Rob

Scunthorpe always start at start time There I am stirring it up

The first heat should start at the advertised time, or a minute or two later. Football starts at the advertised time, as do other sports. Football's version of the parade would be the players running onto the pitch and warming up, ready to start at the advertised time.

Christ on a bike people will have a whinge at anything these days. Ipswich have advertised the start of meetings at 7.30 since 1950 ffs.

Quite right too. If it was advertised at 7.45 and you went for the first time and got in at 7.43, only to be told by the regulars you've missed the parade and introduction of the riders on show would you be happy?

In 35 years of attending, I've never seen or heard anyone kick up a fuss because they were told it was a 7.30 start and have had to wait 15 minutes for the first race!

You don't get football league matches advertising matches for 3pm and starting at 3-15 do you now , so what's wrong with telling fans the correct start time of 7-45 if that's the intended start time. Its no big deal its just common sense.