British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Berwick Ch 7-9-17@7-30pm

This start time fiasco is the final straw for me. The fact that Ipswich have been conning the fans since the 1950's is no excuse at all. Speedway needs a radical shake up and Buster Chapman really needs to get a grip and come out with some official statement here...

• Like 2

Not the best of meetings I've seen this season sadly but another comfortable win which is always good for keeping confidence high going into the playoffs.

At home recently our guest choices have been excellent, the only real let down was Doolan away with a big fat duck , enough said on that one .

Onto the playoffs and KO cup now after our remaining away league fixtures. Will be interesting to see who Sheffield pick to face in the semi's, I'm only guessing but I doubt it will be us .

And finally , please give it a rest on the start time people , some must live sad lives if a few minutes parade/intros is that upsetting to them !

Very fair summing up.

Positives: Lewis Kerr did a professional job as guest and everyone else chipped in. Rory Schlein Is a pleasure to watch in this form too.

Negatives: The awful 'music' while the power cut was attended to, but fortunately with the sound system it was difficult to actually hear it anyway.

Hopefully Edinburgh is on tomorrow night, and we put up a decent show.

Can anyone explain the comment of Richie Hawkins on the Ipswich website, that due to the averages we can only use Lewis Kerr as a guest at home. What difference does it make to the averages if you are at home or away?

They add 5% onto the riders average when using a guest at home, but not away. Cam's average is 6.93 but at home they can use a guest up to 7.28. Lewis' average is 6.95 so they wouldn't be able to use him away as his average is more than Cam's.

Can anyone explain the comment of Richie Hawkins on the Ipswich website, that due to the averages we can only use Lewis Kerr as a guest at home. What difference does it make to the averages if you are at home or away?

Because when you are at home you can use a rider who's average is 5% higher than the rider he is replacing .

It's a shame we can't tempt you back.

It's not the likes of me that need tempting back, I've done my 40 years of every week without fail. Its the next lot that will do that which are the ones that need tempting.

That's not on time. On the BSPA website it says:

07/09/17 1930 Ipswich v Berwick (SGBC)

That means the racing should start at 7.30pm.

All the best

Rob

Surely the advertised time should be when the "event" starts, if you were new to the sport and you got there 15 minutes after the riders had been presented and you would think you were late !...na its fine as it is and thats the way it should be

I don't see why all of these people from other clubs keep making remarks on what Ippo do, and as for numbers on the terraces, ok they can be alot better but I think they are pretty good this Season as a whole and ceratinly alot better than most clubs...

• Like 2

Why are some Ippo fans so prickly (and Pbro ones too)?

is it a local thing?

Why are some Ippo fans so prickly (and Pbro ones too)?

is it a local thing?

so you could be the rose between the thorns 😜

so you could be the rose between the thorns

Roses are English.

Has to be a thistle.

But I'll pass just now thanks.

Nearly eaten all the Wagon Wheels now too!!

We havent had Wagon Wheels since you stayed away as a mark of respect 😆😜