British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

Well I may as well start this one up as everyone else seems shy to do so.

Swindon come to Wimborne Road next Monday for the first leg of the playoff semi finals. Live on BT Sports.

Swindon have had a record breaking season which saw them string an unbeaten run together which lasted over half the season, sweeping all before them. They have finished top of the league and chose Poole as their easiest route in going through to the final. Some of the Swindon fans can't wait to know how big a lead they will be taking back to the second leg at Blunsdon, such is their confidence. Others have said they are looking forward to smashing Poole in both legs. So do Poole have no chance at all?

Will Swindon dominate proceedings at Poole so that the second leg is just a formality?

Thoughts?

Poole seem to be hitting form at the right time and Swindon seem to have hit a flat spot as they struggle at reserve.

Could be interesting.

It's all down to the form of Bradley Wilson-Dean and David Bellego.

If BWD comes back in and hits the ground running, and David Bellego is back on song, Swindon could win. If those two struggle, so will the mighty ones.

Poole were league favourites while everyone laughed at Swindon's line-up, so Poole are obviously favourites, but underdogs Swindon aren't out of it yet.

Prediction: League favourites 47 Team that are stupid for signing Doyle and Ellis 43.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 1

It's all down to the form of Bradley Wilson-Dean and David Bellego.

If BWD comes back in and hits the ground running, and David Bellego is back on song, Swindon could win. If those two struggle, so will the mighty ones.

Poole were league favourites while everyone laughed at Swindon's line-up, so Poole are obviously favourites, but underdogs Swindon aren't out of it yet.

Prediction: League favourites 47 Team that are stupid for signing Doyle and Ellis 43.

Add to that the quality of the reserve guesting for Zach.

Even if we do end up 47 - 43 we will stuff Poole at Swindon.

• Like 1

You write Poole off at your peril, they could easily get the better of Swindon

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 2

I am just hopeful BWD does turn up because i fear a rider well known for riding in Pirates kevlars may be the guest. Anyway i hope you have reserved my usual parking spot for the second leg!

• Like 1

A decent guest for Zach would help, but not quite so significant. To be honest, we need to effectively write that position off anyway and hopebthe other reserve can cover adequately.

Maybe Davey can come in at Swindon and score a few, but Bellego and BWD need to be on their game at Poole, otherwise we are in trouble.

I am just hopeful BWD does turn up because i fear a rider well known for riding in Pirates kevlars may be the guest. Anyway i hope you have reserved my usual parking spot for the second leg!

I hope BWD turns up too. The less guests, the better.

• Like 3

A decent guest for Zach would help, but not quite so significant. To be honest, we need to effectively write that position off anyway and hopebthe other reserve can cover adequately.

Maybe Davey can come in at Swindon and score a few, but Bellego and BWD need to be on their game at Poole, otherwise we are in trouble.

I can't see Davey or whoever guests at number 7 getting the better of Shanes espially at Poole but the way Starke is riding BWD or Newman guesting will probably win the number 6 argument.

BWD will have one or two brand new engines for this, will have to see if he can ride for Peterborough on fri or sunday and how well he goes. If he does not go well he may need more time off for his injuries to heal.

Edited by A ORLOV

Too close to call now with the turnaround of form for each side, if Bellego and BWD up their game then it will be close, say 47-43. A 8-10 point defeat would make the second leg harder and we could be in for a heat 30 decider.

Would Kyle take the booking? If he does, and scores well

Helping to knock Poole out, he will certainly be less popular with the Poole faithfull. Alternatively, he could be out to seek retribution and this would be an ideal opportunity.

Personally if asked, I hope he turns it down. Not worth any ill feeling towards him over just one payday.

Would Kyle take the booking? If he does, and scores well

Helping to knock Poole out, he will certainly be less popular with the Poole faithfull. Alternatively, he could be out to seek retribution and this would be an ideal opportunity.

Personally if asked, I hope he turns it down. Not worth any ill feeling towards him over just one payday.

But Swindon might offer him a place for 2018

• Like 2

But Swindon might offer him a place for 2018

True enough I was just playing devils advocate.

• Like 1

Easy Poole win 53-40

• Like 2