British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

Stirring again I see!

Morra, Ellis both count (and possibly BWD for coming through the conference league) but regardless of that it has to be in your declared 1-7 (and Zach is still our #7)

Try fishing elsewhere! :wink:

Ah bugger, rumbled again!!

Obviously some of the Poole fans are panicking.

Can you blame me!

• Like 1

Really looking forward to Monday. Being the underdogs takes the pressure completely away. Remember a couple of years ago when we were the favourites and the pressure was intense. This time around there isn't any at all and the lads can go into the meeting with no expectations or weight on their shoulders.

Will the burden be too much for this Swindon team who have been thumped quite heavily twice in a row? And in the last meeting Wolves took their foot off the gas.

All pressure will be on the Robins. Pirates can go for it free from the extra strain of what being favourites means.

Lets send those Swindon fans back to Wiltshire worrying about how they are going to pull back a decent Poole lead.

Agree.

No pressure on us and if we lose as expected then at least the boys dug deep and got us into the play-offs.

Expecting a big performance on Monday and I think being the underdogs suits us right down to the ground.

Agree.

No pressure on us and if we lose as expected then at least the boys dug deep and got us into the play-offs.

Expecting a big performance on Monday and I think being the underdogs suits us right down to the ground.

"Us"? Seriously?

Really looking forward to Monday. Being the underdogs takes the pressure completely away. Remember a couple of years ago when we were the favourites and the pressure was intense. This time around there isn't any at all and the lads can go into the meeting with no expectations or weight on their shoulders.

Will the burden be too much for this Swindon team who have been thumped quite heavily twice in a row? And in the last meeting Wolves took their foot off the gas.

All pressure will be on the Robins. Pirates can go for it free from the extra strain of what being favourites means.

Lets send those Swindon fans back to Wiltshire worrying about how they are going to pull back a decent Poole lead.

I would say the pressure is all on Poole Steve.

As you aware, the thought of riding in front of their own fans has clearly had a detrimental effect on the People's Favourites having lost in over 40% of your fixtures at the FPA and riding against a team that is going in to the fixture relaxed from taking it easy in those two away fixtures isn't going to fill them with positive thoughts. Confidence in the Poole camp must be dreadfully low after the maulings they have taken and it must have been disheartening for you and all the Poole fans to see a team crumble from pre-season favourites and top of the league to scraping over the Play Off line. I mean, even Rye, with their appalling away record got stuck in to the buffet that was on offer.

To use a cricket analogy, it's probably akin to Rosco winning the toss and putting the Pirates in to bat on a nice bouncy track (literally) and seeing Marshall, Ambrose, Holding and Walsh lining up to bowl.

-

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 1

Yawn!

I would say the pressure is all on Poole Steve.

As you aware, the thought of riding in front of their own fans has clearly had a detrimental effect on the People's Favourites having lost in over 40% of your fixtures at the FPA and riding against a team that is going in to the fixture relaxed from taking it easy in those two away fixtures isn't going to fill them with positive thoughts. Confidence in the Poole camp must be dreadfully low after the maulings they have taken and it must have been disheartening for you and all the Poole fans to see a team crumble from pre-season favourites and top of the league to scraping over the Play Off line. I mean, even Rye, with their appalling away record got stuck in to the buffet that was on offer.

To use a cricket analogy, it's probably akin to Rosco winning the toss and putting the Pirates in to bat on a nice bouncy track (literally) and seeing Marshall, Ambrose, Holding and Walsh lining up to bowl.

-

Then clearly you have nothing to fear on Monday, right?

It's going to be a stroll in the park for Swindon, right?

Anything less than a ten point Swindon win would be classed as underperforming, right?

Clearly you expect Doyle, Morris and the Pole to go through the meeting unbeaten, right?

There's no pressure on Poole. I for one am feeling none at all where normally the worry and expectation would be palpable. I should imagine it's the same for most Poole fans as well. Whereas Swindon fans are expecting, no, demanding that their team brush aside this so called very weak and poor Pirates side who only just scraped into the playoffs in heat 15 of their last meeting of the regular season.

Anything other than a Swindon win on Monday would be a shock, right?

Then clearly you have nothing to fear on Monday, right?

It's going to be a stroll in the park for Swindon, right?

Anything less than a ten point Swindon win would be classed as underperforming, right?

Clearly you expect Doyle, Morris and the Pole to go through the meeting unbeaten, right?

There's no pressure on Poole. I for one am feeling none at all where normally the worry and expectation would be palpable. I should imagine it's the same for most Poole fans as well. Whereas Swindon fans are expecting, no, demanding that their team brush aside this so called very weak and poor Pirates side who only just scraped into the playoffs in heat 15 of their last meeting of the regular season.

Anything other than a Swindon win on Monday would be a shock, right?

Double Yawn!

Swindon should win the semis on aggregate and I'd be happy with that. If they get beaten - so what? It's not going to change my life! It's only speedway!

• Like 2

Form guide going into this meeting - last 6 matches.

Poole: W W W L W W

Swindon: W W W W L L

Swindon were top of the league so, in reality, would have to be expected to be seen as favourites, but all this false modesty from Poole fans is not based in any reality. Of the two sides they are the more in-form team.

Form guide going into this meeting - last 6 matches.

Poole: W W W L W W

Swindon: W W W W L L

Swindon were top of the league so, in reality, would have to be expected to be seen as favourites, but all this false modesty from Poole fans is not based in any reality. Of the two sides they are the more in-form team.

Poole are the favorites for this meeting, they are the in form team and Swindon are not.

Poole to win this leg by at least 6 points................anything less will be a shock.

But then again going from hot favorites for the league to stumbling over the line against a weakened Somerset team, should mean that Poole fans will be very downbeat about how bad their season has been

I would be very confident if Zach was in the side we have really missed him and certainly with a fit Brad as well so i would favour Swindon only just.I would be quite happy with a narrow away defeat then beat them on agg at the Shabby whatever happens as Steve says it is not life/death and if Poole do it good luck to them in the final.

Enough already!

Pages of crap already on this thread. Jesus wept.

Yes there is mainly from the 3 main Poole suspects.....hopefully now you have said this it will stop

Damn i was wrong..............practice what you preach

The pressure is always on the team expected to win and that is Swindon. Poole are the underdogs which is a unusual situation but Swindon are by far the better team but with a bit of luck you never know what may happen. The team expected to win doesn't always win like the Windies in the second test.

How does Morris count? Can't be Aussie one min and British the next!

But he can be British one minute and Aussie the next

He's actually both.

• Like 2

I don't think if you spoke to him you would be in any doubt where he is from or who he represents!!