British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

Please can either Shovlar or fanatic/gater1 please answer these points then you have a case:

BWD would have outscored Starke (according to Shovlar)

Poole sacked Newman and replaced him with Starke (Starke being the better rider)

So how on earth does that make Swindon stronger ???? Please answer

Newman at reserve scored 5 at Poole this season.

BWD scored 6 from the main body of the team

So how on earth does that make Swindon stronger ???? Please answer

Your only moaning because you sacked a rider earlier in the season who now may come back to haunt you.

Would you be up in arms if it was Josh Auty???? Josh Bates????

No of course you wouldnt.

If Newman scores well it will make the Poole management look foolish for letting him go

And as for the disgraceful comments from Speedway fanatic/Gater1 about you would hate to see Kyle ride for Poole again if he scores well.................you are a proper idiot and not really a speedway fan.....do everyone a favor and shut the f..k up

Be prepared for a long wait

Obviously he isn't 100% and probs the 'bumps' at Poole will affect his injury more?

How many riders are ever 100%, especially this time of the season.

Edited by noggin
  • Like 1

I don't really have any issue with Kyle riding tonight - just not sure why Rosco waited til today to announce it?! He could have simply announced it last Monday when he chose Poole in the first place

Agree Skidder. Always a Kyle fan.

Would just say that while Gavan and co. are slagging off certain Poole fans reactions what would have happened if such a move had been carried by Poole?

Guess it would have been total acceptance, peace and tranquility.

Perfect result ...... Poole get a double figure win to keep things interesting and Kyle top scores for the Robins.

What's that? Jason who?

Very dodgy from Swindon but some Poole fans are total hypocrites!

• Like 1

The context around both points is completely different....nor did I compare each rider, simply posted the scores of both....

So that's not a comparison?

• Like 1

Basically what I said earlier.

Newman needs to seriously think about tonight.

On one hand.

Kyle can score poorly and would be nailed on for 2018 and would have a great chance of winning silverware with his hometown club. The club that has made him the rider he is today. All of us fans who have stuck by him for years and years.

Or

Kyle can stick two fingers up to all of us and end up riding for crappy little clubs fighting relegation battles for the rest of his life whilst losing respect from the vast majority at Poole Speedway. I wouldn't support him at all if he slaps us in the face tonight.

If Kyle chooses option B then he will ruin his entire career all for the sake of a few hundred quid imo.

Open your eyes Kyle and do the right thing.

Would you really like Kyle to throw races out of some misguided loyalty to Poole?

I'm afraid Speedway lost credibility as a team sport at the top level in this country years ago so this is no different from anything we've seen countless times before. He must give 100% Swindon tonight, anything less would be dragging the sport even further through the mud.

• Like 4

this topic has exploded hasn't it :D

I cannot think for the life of me why Poole are actually worried we've replaced a rider with a lower averaged rider who got 'sacked' from their team for not pulling his weight.

Jeez, take a look in the mirror Pirate fans and smell the coffee. Have a look at the bull you are spouting on here.. talk about pot and kettle. #piratepotandkettle

I for one think we are not cheating, obviously BWD by pulling out from his final ride yesterday shows he's not ready to tackle the bumps and table tops of Wimborne Road.

Like Gavan, I cannot help but laugh at all the bile posts on here.. it's really made my Monday here.. :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tbh only Swindon fans and Gavan are defending this, even neutral fans say it is really dodgy. We'll know by 9.30 if Swindon have benefitted or not.

Don't worry people, using the Chris Harris/Peterborough rule I heard BWD is playing dominos in the local pub league. Competing in another sport allows you a facility and apparently to complain about it would be a "fuss about nothing"

The sport is a joke, it's not worth getting upset over.

Gavan you are too predictable.

If you think what has happened here is fair and OK, you are no better than the cheating Swindon Robins.

Even Swindon fans are embarrassed about this. And they should be.

As you have mentioned so many times with regard to Poole, "he is covered by a doctor's note, so it can't be cheating! What go around comes around. You & many other Poole supporters have said that Newman wasn't worth having this season. So what are you making so much noise about. Sounds like you are getting your excuses in early!

• Like 1

Agree Skidder. Always a Kyle fan.

Would just say that while Gavan and co. are slagging off certain Poole fans reactions what would have happened if such a move had been carried by Poole?

Guess it would have been total acceptance, peace and tranquility.

Perfect result ...... Poole get a double figure win to keep things interesting and Kyle top scores for the Robins.

What's that? Jason who?

I have not once said what Swindon are doing is right so please dont put words in my mouth.

My point is that according to Shovlar, Newman makes Poole weaker tonight.

Also as everyone is saying Poole have done this so many times that its a bit rich that some people are slagging off Swindon.

Its only 2 Poole fans on here getting irate.......the same 2 Poole fans that embarrass the true supporters every time.

This thread would be much much shorter if you didnt have Shovlar banging on and on giving everybody the chance to shoot him down in flames.

The Gater1 posts about Kyle riding are disgusting......you should be ashamed that he associates himself with your club

How's the weather down that way?

Been good all afternoon with some good sunny breaks in the cloud. Bit of black cloud at present but some blue breaks around as well.

What can I say? Showeres. Unpredictable. If it was 7:30 now I'd be confident but nearly four hours to go still.

How's the weather down that way?

I'm about 4 miles away and it's been raining heavily on and off between sunny spells with a lot of standing water around. Sun's out now but lots of threatened clouds around.

Tbh only Swindon fans and Gavan are defending this, even neutral fans say it is really dodgy. We'll know by 9.30 if Swindon have benefitted or not.

I'm not defending it, would be nice to have a harmonious thread for a change and some decent banter/debate, but this happens every year and the crazies on here get their knickers in a twist.

• Like 1

Would you really like Kyle to throw races out of some misguided loyalty to Poole?

I'm afraid Speedway lost credibility as a team sport at the top level in this country years ago so this is no different from anything we've seen countless times before. He must give 100% Swindon tonight, anything less would be dragging the sport even further through the mud.

Yes.

If It was me then I would accept the guest booking and then I would.

Deliberately break the tapes in Heat 2.

Then in my next Heat I would pull up after 3 laps if I was in a scoring position and say that I saw a red light.

Then I wouldn't bother turning the fuel on in the Heat after that.

Then in my final Heat I would deliberately slide off my bike if I was in a scoring position.

I'm not defending it, would be nice to have a harmonious thread for a change and some decent banter/debate, but this happens every year and the crazies on here get their knickers in a twist.

You're prob the only Swindon fan that's not defending it! Thread was alright til Rosco's decision but seems always one team doing something dodgy and for once it's not us! :D

I have not once said what Swindon are doing is right so please dont put words in my mouth.

My point is that according to Shovlar, Newman makes Poole weaker tonight.

Also as everyone is saying Poole have done this so many times that its a bit rich that some people are slagging off Swindon.

Its only 2 Poole fans on here getting irate.......the same 2 Poole fans that embarrass the true supporters every time.

This thread would be much much shorter if you didnt have Shovlar banging on and on giving everybody the chance to shoot him down in flames.

The Gater1 posts about Kyle riding are disgusting......you should be ashamed that he associates himself with your club

Shovlar said no such thing.

LOL.