British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

Interestingly I have discovered Kyle was booked for tonight by Rosco.............last week. So it made no difference howBWD rode last night.

The truth is out there.

Oh dear. And you were doing so well.

That's not true, I'm a neutral Somerset supporter & find it very amusing that it's possible Swindon are doing to Poole just what Poole have done themselves in previous seasons, and the outbursts from a couple of Poole fans, all holier than thou, makes it all the more amusing.

I don't actually think there's much difference between BWD & Newman but then again Kyle might have a point to prove!

Hinge and Bracket have really got there knickers in a twist.

Lets face it Swindon fans if it was Poole replacing Starke with Newman we would be fuming. I just can't get over the fact that one complete glory supporting bell who has never even been to Poole is giving Newman so much aggro for taking the booking. Even the fuming Poole fans dont blame him.

No chance as that would be par for the course for Poole.

Current weather anyone?

An absolute sh*t storm currently on the South Coast.

Will be much, much brighter this evening once Kyle has scored a couple of wins in front of his adoring fans...

He wouldn't of even been a good reserve if it wasn't for us.

Its like. Cristiano Ronaldo joining Barcelona from Real Madrid.

He would have likely progressed further at a club that looks after their riders.

Could Kyle have replaced Starke? If so I'm surprised Ford didn't go for it, particularly considering how well Kyle has done in the play-off's over the past few years.

The thing is, despite the end of July cut-off to stop teams being strengthened one thing you can't stop is the old injury/illness scam.

Well its taken me half an hour to skim through the pages of this thread.

99% garbage but hilarious in its own way.

Hope Kyle scores a hatful and stays safe. Couldnt give one either way how that leaves the tie placed but just want him happy and confident for the important stuff in the Championship 😛

Am I the only Poole fan who thinks Kyle in for BWD doesn't really make much difference? I was disappointed when he was dropped but with hindsight I think it was the right decision, and may have done him good having a change of scenery. Having said that, I would love to see him back next year. As for tonight, if he does well he will get stick from some Poole supporters, otherwise he will get it from Swindon!

Rubbish. This has nothing to do with Kyle. All to do with BWD being "tactically injured".

very assumption Steve. One could say Hans was 'tactically injured' despite riding before in Poland last year.

One off sacking. Don't forget he has been a Poole rider for years. Surely that has to mean something.

as previously explained. He has been sacked twice by Poole. If you were a proper Poole fan you would know that. Stop making excuses. Poole sacked him because he wasn't doing his job......twice.

BS.

What, your posts? I won't argue with that.

If Swindon use Mitch Davey as their reserve surely this means they only have one British rider in their team.

He now has a British passport and Edinburgh use him as one of their two Brits

No of course not. Swindon are cheating, end of story. I can see Rosco yesterday praying BWD would have a duff meeting so it would look ok. Then BWD goes out and has a blinder, beating Cook. Oh dear that was not needed.

Instead of thinking, OK we will use BWD as he is clearly fit to ride, Swindon make up some feeble excuse about a sore wrist and bring in Kyle Newman.

Cheating, pure and simple.

To do such a thing was completely unnecessary and turns any fair minded supporter against them.

At least if it's a season ending injury he will be ok to ride abroad
  • Like 1

Can someone tell me what time the crowd turns up at Poole?

This is embarrassing. I thought I'd walked on to the set of One Man and His Dog...

Can someone tell me what time the crowd turns up at Poole?

This is embarrassing. I thought I'd walked on to the set of One Man and His Dog...

All the Poole fans have decided to stay at home and watch it on tv, they are not like those at Swindon