British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

How's Jepsen Jensen doing these days anyway? I remember those days when you were fanatical about him in the same way you are allegedly fanatical about Poole.

Before that it was KIng Kenneth speed (KKS) and there's been King Batchelor speed too. Gater 1 , Liam Gallagher fan, Jeremy Corbyn fan and umpteen other user names, purporting to support various speedway clubs.

Each to their own on how one acts In their private life, but quite frankly, I reckon you have some serious issues.

No its not. I was right in the end.

How's Jensen Jensen doing these days anyway? I remember those days when you were fanatical about him in the same way you are allegedly fanatical about Poole.

Before that it was KIng Kenneth speed (KKS) and there's been King Batchelor speed too. Gater 1 , Liam Gallagher fan, Jeremy Corbyn fan and umpteen other user names, purporting to support various speedway clubs.

Each to their own on how one acts In their private life, but quite frankly, I reckon you have some serious issues.

Edited by EnglishRoundabout
  • Like 3

How's Jensen Jensen doing these days anyway? I remember those days when you were fanatical about him in the same way you are allegedly fanatical about Poole.

Wouldn't know I've never heard of Jensen Jensen.

None of those are me. I've always wondered what KKS stood for so thanks for that.

There are some right miserable old b'tards on this thread and that's just Stevebrum! :D Entertaining meeting i thought, only Lahti pooling at the back. I don't mind losing (so much) when riders give 100%.

Before heat 14 and 15, Shanes was my motm.

The track had a few bumps going into a couple of the bends and a lot of grip on the outside, made for an entertaining meeting imo with riders having to use a bit of skill.

Poole certainly did have more back luck than Swindon, they had Jack Holder in their team for one! :P

Can't see Swindon losing the second leg, but with Doyle obviously saving himself for the GP's now, the title could be heading north of Wiltshire.

As a neutral this was an exciting prospect, but it delivered drama, excellent racing and more. Roll on leg 2, it's not over yet, not by a long chalk. Terrific stuff.

• Like 1

Awful ploughed field of a track. The racing was good in spite of it, not because of it.

It rained best part of the morning and into the afternoon

With all the success Poole have enjoyed over the years, with the mantle of most Professional club in the Country, Why oh why can't they produce a decent Track, tonight yet again it was a disgrace

Something called rain mate it was forcast, again.

The people who boo-ed Kyle Newman are not real Pirates fans. The guy is 100% genuine and anyone who thought he either would or should give less than his best against us simply do not know him. Great work by the team - 2 points is not insurmountable - watch this space

• Like 6

That was a decent meeting to watch,I've seen a lot worse,the riders from both Teams were giving it a go. Holder acting like a bit of a prat.he is not a good as he thinks he is.(yet)

• Like 1

The track had a few bumps going into a couple of the bends and a lot of grip on the outside, made for an entertaining meeting imo with riders having to use a bit of skill.

Poole certainly did have more back luck than Swindon, they had Jack Holder in their team for one! :P

Can't see Swindon losing the second leg, but with Doyle obviously saving himself for the GP's now, the title could be heading north of Wiltshire.

I don't know whats happened to Jack, he has ridden so much better at home in the past.

Wheres Gavan, i see Orion is doing the night shift on here..

Edited by Starman2006

Well done Swindon you really proved what a good team you are. I hope you go on to win it this year. (assuming Pirates dont pull it back in the second leg) A real solid unit all pulling together.

But let me say this.......and from an extremely reliable person who works at the stadium....

Lahti was back on his crappy old engine as opposed to what hes been riding the last couple of weeks...well it certainly showed...

The other issue is this.....(and unless this has already been brought up earlier in this thread of which I cant be ar2ed to go through & find out) and if true it certainly ought to be proved beyond doubt from a higher authority to settle the matter...Bradley Wilson Dean arrived at the stadium with his bikes ready to ride...only to be told by an official he wasnt allowed to as he wasnt in the official line up. WIlson Dean wanted to ride!!!! He wasnt even aware that he wasnt riding tonight. So whats going on here? I hope Rossiter will be able to clarify for me and many others. Did BWD arrive ready to ride or not? And if so why wasnt he informed?

Over to you...BSF chums!!

Gavan Pegg??! Who's he?

Edited by Mr X
  • Like 1

Lahti was excrement.

Riders never have a bad meeting, do they Steve. How long have you been watching Speedway again?

Fact is, without Lahti, Poole would very likely not even have been in the play-offs.

As for the track, which Tatum kept on about. Personally, I thought it was good to see a track that actually had two racing lines! Even Monmore has served up 'gate and go' tripe this season. It delivered some close, exciting racing - possibly the best that's been televised this year.

Swindon were deserved winners - there was just too much inconsistency from Poole riders - such as Kennett and Holder.

Only gripe, yet again, is with BT - do their camera guys really have to keep focussing on the bloke in front - when often yet again tonight, the closest battles were in the 3rd and 4th positions?

You certainly can't write off Poole - even if one of their most vociferous supporters on here displays such contempt for one of their own riders.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

Shocking track, commentators not much better, but was a super meeting with a bit of everything. That's why the Play-Offs are so great!

Glad Poole pulled it back towards the end, it should make the 2nd leg interesting, assuming it was just a one-off with Lahti.

He wasn't allowed back in, red light had come come before he fell, Rosco clearly wasn't watching or he would have put Morris in ht15.

100% rubbish.ive watched it back at least 6 times and you can clearly see the red lights came on after Doyle fell.Really was a shocking decision .