Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

It does matter because he would have put them on staight away for a tapes offence

He made a mistake and tried to cover himself

Thats your opinion ,I've seen ref let then sort themselves out on the first bend before stopping races. hey ho.

How about you disappear of the forum if you are going to post crap.

By the way Trackrat which club do you support? whoever it is you support they can do without so called fans like yourself

Exactly the point, I support my team NOT slag them off on a public forum xx

sad post

We should all know who PPR is by now, so why respond ? :o

Decent meeting that, the second leg could be another cracker. Hope BWD is fit to take his place, cough cough....

• Like 1

Exactly the point, I support my team NOT slag them off on a public forum xx

Your dislike fot Poole is obvious but that's you perogative.I have'nt slagged off my team and for the individuals that have then that's thier problem.

I was watching for it and the red light was on as Doyle started to go down.

I agree. I think Jason was lucky since the ref had already decided it was an unsatisfactory start.

Two things....

1. Can anyone see why it was an unsatisfactory start? Hans came off gate 1 well, but this was made to look good by Jason coming out of that graveyard called gate 2 (stats available).

2. If it was an unsatisfactory start, why was no one warned?

I agree. I think Jason was lucky since the ref had already decided it was an unsatisfactory start.

Two things....

1. Can anyone see why it was an unsatisfactory start? Hans came off gate 1 well, but this was made to look good by Jason coming out of that graveyard called gate 2 (stats available).

2. If it was an unsatisfactory start, why was no one warned?

Doyle was lucky. However, it was announced over the tannoy prior to the rerun that the ref was telling Andersen to stay still

• Like 1

Your dislike fot Poole is obvious but that's you perogative.I have'nt slagged off my team and for the individuals that have then that's thier problem.

OK pinup Pete.

Most riders will tell you that going from slick to a wide dirt line is dangerous. Sudden grip which pulls you into the fence. Whilst it allows for "big blasts round the outside" it is dangerous as every rider is going for the same part of the track. Look at every heat, from the start every rider was aiming to get up to the high line.

I accept that the track staff had limited time & rain didn't help.

What a cracking meeting that was, speedway as it should be. My thoughts:

- I expected to log on and see people acknowledging that actually the Poole track produces good racing. But over half the people on here are complaining about it!?! Cant understand it - I measure a track by two things. Is it safe, and how good is the racing? The racing was excellent, and I dont think it loked dangerous. It required riders to ride with heart, head anmd skill, and thats the way it should be. Much rather watch racing on a track like that than on something so smooth, fast, and easy to ride athat there is no passing. Best meeting I can recall watching this season outside of the the NSS.

- Swindon were undoubtedly strengthened by Newman. Not going to pass judgement on whether it was dodfy or not, but not going to shed tears for Poole with their history. Hve to say Swindon are starting to do much the same (Bacth/Ward gate for example)

- Cant understand any Poole fan booing Neman. When Aces offloaded my favourite rider Larry Ross, whenever Halifax came to visit I'd still be cheering for him, hoping he'd score a max and the Aces would win.

-5 out of 7 Poole riders did their job, Holder and Lahti let them down

-For Swindon, everyone did their job

- Shanes is a great little battler, shows why every team should have at least one brit at reseve, hope he is back at Poole next year

-Newmans team riding when Ellis went off 15m was absolutely superb, slowing the race down perfectly, cant remember the last time I saw someone do it so well - Darcy?

- Swindon had the rub of the green with luck, but that said ould easily have ended more than 2 points iup 0-

-instructions to not build too big a lead in last 2 heats to ensure a big crowd for the 2nd leg ;) othwrwise was an odd choice not to put out Morris and Doyle as a pair after their efforts in ht13 , regardless of how well Musielak had ridden.

In summary, great meeting, great result, and look forward to seeing a kiwi back in swindon colurs for the 2nd leg. If the Aces dont win this year, I hope the Robins do, certainly noone can acuse their fans of being glory hunters!

Edited by hyabb17

Most riders will tell you that going from slick to a wide dirt line is dangerous. Sudden grip which pulls you into the fence. Whilst it allows for "big blasts round the outside" it is dangerous as every rider is going for the same part of the track. Look at every heat, from the start every rider was aiming to get up to the high line.

I accept that the track staff had limited time & rain didn't help.

Holder certainly didn't look to get to the high line on heat 1 😉

But there was passing on the inside as well as outside. And apart from 1st bend incidents, only one fall all night. Certainly didn't think the track looked dangerous, and the racing was top notch.

I really don't get how anyone can complain about the track after a meeting like that, or say it was a good meeting "despite the track."

• Like 2

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Yours differs from mine but that's what makes the debate. The bumps did not help at all, all bikes were bouncing into the corners. That can't be safe, can it?

I even note that Darcy Ward made a comment on how bumpy it was.

Holder certainly didn't look to get to the high line on heat 1 😉

But there was passing on the inside as well as outside. And apart from 1st bend incidents, only one fall all night. Certainly didn't think the track looked dangerous, and the racing was top notch.

I really don't get how anyone can complain about the track after a meeting like that, or say it was a good meeting "despite the track."

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Yours differs from mine but that's what makes the debate. The bumps did not help at all, all bikes were bouncing into the corners. That can't be safe, can it?

Agree it's all opinions, I'm just amazed anyone would complain about the track after that meeting.
  • Like 2

Oh FFS! Hans has said he prefers it bumpy cos away riders don't like it, so get the away riders to fake liking it and maybe they will change it. Best racing at Poole all season and still people moan moan moan and whinge. I think you lot moaning wouldn't know fun if it bit you on the bum!
  • Like 3