British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

you've let yourself down there with this comment. We have been without Brad for quite a few weeks with, you've guessed it.. 'a genuine injury' :rolleyes: got a guest ready just in case, the rest is history as they say.

Apparently Brad has made a miraculous recovery!

The thing I liked the best was in the actual 'comments section' in the paper where one of Kyle's sponsors 'Bill Burridge' confirms that he was more than happy for KN to have guested.

I have quoted said paragraph from the Bournemouth Echo for my fellow forumites.

'As a sponsor of both Kyle Newman and Hans Andersen, AeroSolutions (GB) Ltd -a locally based company, does not have an issue with Kyle Newman's decision to accept and fulfill his guest appearance for Swindon Speedway in their match against Poole Speedway. In business, difficult decisions sometimes have to be made and, in the same manner that Poole Speedway felt they needed to release Kyle Newman in June to capitalise on his Green Sheet Average, Kyle quite rightly needs to capitalise on his earning potential. In my view both parties made appropriate business decisions and there should be absolutely no animosity from any quarter. Let me assure all readers, Kyle Newman is a loyal Poole asset and as a rider does more behind the scenes work for Poole Speedway than any other club asset that I know of.'

Final score at the FPA

Pirates 0 Newman Won

Nice response from one of his sponsors.

Perhaps some forget that the close season is a long time without a regular if any income. A whole 6 months.

For riders like Kyle its not like say Hans Anderson who has the luxury of income form 4 leagues around Europe (UK/SWE/DK/Pol) to keep him reasonably warm during those long months. Kyle has 2 and in one of those Leicester were out of any income stream from beginning September. Thankfully for him he still has Ipswich in the playoffs and has some money coming in during October.

Speedway is not a rich mans sport for the bread and butter riders and bearing in mind that Kyle was dropped also in June, can one blame the guy for trying to earn some much needed cash in the playoffs whether that be just for the Poole home meeting or even if it is both of the semis.

I would still have the guy back at Poole in a reserve berth at that low 4.45 GSA as we all know his true worth is more than that in a half decent side.

Lets not forget that his real potential is in both his points and bonus points situ. Especially when you look sat the league winning sides of 2014 & 2015.

For example 2016 7.03 - 2015 8.54 (yes 8.54) - 2014 8.13. All incl BP.

Admittedly he did well under the EDR scheme but lets not forget he also did well when moved up in team place so plenty of good scores against more experienced rivals.

As a reserve on 4.45 GSA I still think he is a bargain and we all know a trier. Monday a prime example. Forget that last race as match was won and interesting that both last 2 heats were 5-1 to Poole which maybe partly down to Rosco wanting to keep it tight for the second leg crowd. Who knows but even Doyle was at the back in one race. Meaning in 4 real rides he scored 8. How many Poole supporters would like that return from 4 rides from their reserve week in and out.

I hope he is back for next year but what will the points bank be for 2018 - 45 or 42/43 (Hope its 45). Additionally how would it fit into Matt Fords master plan if he intends to have also Ellis/Woryna/Kurtz/Holder Jr.

Personally I would like to see Newman and Woryna start at reserve with possibly Ellis or Holder floating in and out of those positions maybe as we get to first GSA. Again with depending on how points pan out. Having Newman floating back in again to reserve as our reserves hopefully rack up the points. We have seen what strong reserves can bring you with potential of 5 rides plus.

For me its then 2 decent heat leader types with Kurtz continuing to build, but without having the Speedway nation on his back as this young guy has had too much pressure put on him. He has done a hell of a job in only his second season in top flight (just about to turn 21) but will still have some bad ones occasionally. He should be allowed that luxury now and then if we have some decent heat leader strength plus improvement in the younger ones.

I've just been in to Sainsbury's in Poole...seems they have run out of grapes.

The report in the Bournemouth Echo is comedy gold.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/15531547.I__39_m_the_innocent_victim_insists_Kyle_Newman/?ref=fbshr

How Middleditch has the tumerity to act all indignant given the stunts Poole have pulled over the years is unbelievable.

Must have skin like rhino hide.

Exactly, he is making himself sound rather silly.

Sorry but I'm really not seeing an issue here.

BWD has been carrying this injury a while so of course Rosco had to make a decision a week in advance to make sure he was covered if his rider was unfit.

What did people expect him to do?

Wait till the morning of the most important meeting of the year so far to see if BWD came through the Peterborough meeting without aggravating his injury (which he likely did) before sourcing an under prepared replacement?

It was his duty as a manager to ensure he tracked the best team he could based on the circumstances at the time. Anything less would have been incompetence and Middlo or any other manager worth their salt would have done the same.

If Poole didn't want Kyle to be riding against them then maybe they shouldn't have sacked him.

• Like 7

I don't get the sour grapes bit, people been complaining before the meeting not just after! Also just because Middlo works with Matt doesn't mean he agrees with all the decisions made. Isn't there a story where Middlo threw or nearly threw Matt out of the car cos of the possibility of average fixing at Eastbourne a few years ago.

Hello Gater2. :t:

Haha the usual suspects clubbing together with the multi alias argument. Gater2 is the best one yet. Now you're quoting users I haven't even heard of hahaha. The classic idiots response ;)

I don't get the sour grapes bit, people been complaining before the meeting not just after! Also just because Middlo works with Matt doesn't mean he agrees with all the decisions made. Isn't there a story where Middlo threw or nearly threw Matt out of the car cos of the possibility of average fixing at Eastbourne a few years ago.

Why is he complaining at all?

Poole have cheated and pulled that many stunts Evil Knievel could get a ride in your team.

It has been well documented that BWD stated on his Facebook page early on Monday a.m that he was unable to ride due to an injury. What Middlo is suggesting is that BWD lied and the Swindon manager was complicit in this, even though he has come out and said that his conscience is clear. Middlo, is in fact, actually doubting the integrity of two people. Not very professional given his team's track record.

Best he gets out of that glass house....his windows are going to smashed in if he carries on like this.

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 2

Why is he complaining at all?

Poole have cheated and pulled that many stunts Evil Knievel could get a ride in your team.

It has been well documented that BWD stated on his Facebook page early on Monday a.m that he was unable to ride due to an injury. What Middlo is suggesting is that BWD lied and the Swindon manager was complicit in this, even though he has come out and said that his conscience is clear. Middlo, is in fact, actually doubting the integrity of two people. Not very professional given his team's track record.

Best he gets out of that glass house....his windows are going to smashed in if he carries on like this.

He is only saying what fans are thinking. I wonder what his take is on BWD being named in the KOC team tomorrow.

• Like 2

Glad to see a neutral give a summary. The same as you I logged on to expect high praise for a brilliant meeting on a superb race track. But the anti Poole brigade were out in force and couldn't admit that Wimborne Road is one of the best race tracks in the country, as was shown last night.

Absolutely. Best league meeting on Tv this season by the proverbial mile.

There has been no blue groove at Wimborne Road for years.

No blue groove for years? Gosh I must be colour blind.

Haha the usual suspects clubbing together with the multi alias argument. Gater2 is the best one yet. Now you're quoting users I haven't even heard of hahaha. The classic idiots response ;)

Thou doth protest too much.!!!

He is only saying what fans are thinking. I wonder what his take is on BWD being named in the KOC team tomorrow.

I don't think many people really give a sh!t what he thinks to be honest.

I imagine that most people just want to see the Poole cheats thumped by Swindon in the next leg off the play offs 😊

• Like 4

Probably the same as he was thinking prior to Monday.....taken from Swindon's preview

"Bradley Wilson-Dean is continuing to be assessed but hopes to return at No.6"

If he's not fit to return I hope Rosco has done his job again and lined someone up in advance

Edited by Reliant Robin

I don't think many people really give a sh!t what he thinks to be honest.

I imagine that most people just want to see the Poole cheats thumped by Swindon in the next leg off the play offs

How are we cheating? You mean the Swindon cheats surely. Whenever Middlo voices an opinion people seem to comment on it so I think many are interested in what he thinks.

Probably the same as he was thinking prior to Monday.....taken from Swindon's preview

"Bradley Wilson-Dean is continuing to be assessed but hopes to return at No.6"

If he's not fit to return I hope Rosco has done his job again and lined someone up in advance

Oh he will be fit to return Thursday don't worry about that. Newman won't be available.

• Like 1

How are we cheating? You mean the Swindon cheats surely. Whenever Middlo voices an opinion people seem to comment on it so I think many are interested in what he thinks.

Oh he will be fit to return Thursday don't worry about that. Newman won't be available.

You wrote the book on it, that's why 😁

That's true, maybe Aarnio can step in if he's still not fit. One of the better replacements we've had for him whilst out injured