British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

I have a slight issue with the fist bumping for one reason ex-Southampton players have not celebrated in front of the Saints fans,when they came back and scored a goal against, so that shows they show more respect than Kyle does. But i don't blame Kyle for taking the booking.

I must admit I've had an issue with Bournemouth players not celebrating goals scored against their former clubs.

When you pull on the shirt you play for the badge and that's where your loyalty lies in my opinion.

Kyle fist pumped the Swindon fans so nothing wrong with showing you care about the team you are representing and the fans who are supporting you surely?

If he had fist pumped Poole fans it would have been disrespectful but that's not the case here so he did nothing wrong.

• Like 2

£5 admission wasn't it? Don't think there was any reduction at Poole on Monday. Our guy there said the crowd was good and MF was delighted with a bonus meeting.

Yes Phil the crowd was good on Monday. Full price, off race night, not the best weather and on tv as well. Shame Swindon didn't bring hardly any fans down to swell it further.

1300 to 1400 monday not bad considering the weather on the other hand poor as it was poole biggest meeting of the season ?

I must admit I've had an issue with Bournemouth players not celebrating goals scored against their former clubs.

When you pull on the shirt you play for the badge and that's where your loyalty lies in my opinion.

Kyle fist pumped the Swindon fans so nothing wrong with showing you care about the team you are representing and the fans who are supporting you surely?

If he had fist pumped Poole fans it would have been disrespectful but that's not the case here so he did nothing wrong.

Agree,he might be riding for Swindon next year,there are a few riders that have got a job out of efforts when guesting.

Yes Phil the crowd was good on Monday. Full price, off race night, not the best weather and on tv as well. Shame Swindon didn't bring hardly any fans down to swell it further.

Probably no more that 50 Steve. Gavan walks round Ippo and counts them dont you Gav.... :rofl:

So let me get this right. BWD is injured. Newman gets booked as cover. Fine. But BWD turns up to ride if the paperwork is not in order and Newman can't ride.

Hang on a minute. BWD is injured. So why has he turned up to ride? Or was he not injured really and Rosco has been caught out? BWD if injured can't ride so why turn up? Surely if there was an issue Rosco would have been on the phone to Auty or Robson?

Swindon banged to rights.

Something not right there Steve....

1300 to 1400 monday not bad considering the weather on the other hand poor as it was poole biggest meeting of the season ?

Who told you that ?

Loyalty lays where your paid your wages..

Edited by Starman2006

A belated well done to the Rockinest of Robins for seeing off the woeful title favourites - the mighty Poole Pirates !

The 3rd victory for the Robins at the plowed field this year !

The away victory was made even sweeter :t: as the Robins were severely weakened by the absence of their injured reserves BWD and ZK...

However, against all the odds, the Robins put the Pirates firmly in their place on Monday

It's not over yet though...

Btw, sad to see so many Poole fans unable to take defeat with dignity :t::D

Edited by Yer Ropes
  • Like 4

Just caught up with this on TV..my Sky plus cut off before heat 15 which wasn't great...it was an ok meeting..track a bit iffy but the odd decent race..

Never really complained about Pearson and Tatum but they did bug me ..especially Pearson..with their quite obvious and not very well disguised Poole bias...Pearson seemed almost in tears as Swindon built their lead and then couldn't use the joker...does he have shares in Poole or something ?..

Edited by Bruiser McHuge
  • Like 1

. . . and on tv as well . . .

I take this supports my opinion about televising league matches keeping paying spectators away from attending?

Probably no more that 50 Steve. Gavan walks round Ippo and counts them dont you Gav.... :rofl:

Something not right there Steve....

Who told you that ?

Loyalty lays where your paid your wages..

You should be proud of Newman. A local lad who has done good and showed the Poole fans who moaned about his underperforming earlier in the season what they missed.

The ol' maxim 'form is temporary, class is permanent' springs to mind.

What I have noticed is that both the Poole assets that were treated so shabbily by their club earlier this season both turned the knife on their return...coincidence?

You should be proud of Newman. A local lad who has done good and showed the Poole fans who moaned about his underperforming earlier in the season what they missed.

What I have noticed is that both the Poole assets that were treated so shabbily by their club earlier this season both turned the knife on their return...coincidence?

i think you find we made the playoffs not rye house kk not doing so well tonight though shame !!!

Iaf kyle wasnt a patch on his 2016 pirates form, he would have got a suitcaseful.

Hes very injury prone but a likeable fellow, got dogs abuse from the poole massif early this season, then the bullet.

Muddlo should be pleased he is at least showing signs of coming back to life, albeit in a guesting capacity for the opposing side

Iaf kyle wasnt a patch on his 2016 pirates form, he would have got a suitcaseful.

Hes very injury prone but a likeable fellow, got dogs abuse from the poole massif early this season, then the bullet.

Muddlo should be pleased he is at least showing signs of coming back to life, albeit in a guesting capacity for the opposing side

Kyles a good rider, he's never been right since he took off in the Darcy meeting.

Yep i know that, but Matt is the boss. None of us wanted him to go.

Edited by Starman2006

Kyles a good rider, he's never been right since he took off in the Darcy meeting.

Yep i know that, but Matt is the boss. None of us wanted him to go.

Ridden himself back into damn good form I'll have you know, no complaints here in Ipswich. We love Kyle as a Witch and long may it continue.

• Like 1

Yes they cannot believe how small it is

How many people do you get precisely. in the grandstand seating at Swindon?

Only BWD knows the truth, but from Facebook;

nothing more than a paperwork issue and once it was shown that everything was in order the matter was resolved. As for Brad, he was on route anyway to be there as a team member and cheer on the lads, just happened to have his bikes and mechanic as they stayed over somewhere on route home Sunday.

Pretty much bang on Neil I stopped at my mechanics place Sunday after Peterborough and still had everything in my van from the day before, I was heading to Poole anyway to support the team ✌🏻 people let their imaginations get away on them too much.

On a +ve, despite all the forum BS, we saw a competitive, keenly contested meeting with no bad crashes and some decent racing.

Yes the track was bumpy, but give the track staff some credit, the weather was unpredictable and I believe they weren't able to get on it early (PS, I am not a Poole fan).

Let's hope next week's semi is as good and the second legs too 👍

• Like 1