British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

BWD will have one or two brand new engines for this, will have to see if he can ride for Peterborough on fri or sunday and how well he goes. If he does not go well he may need more time off for his injuries to heal.

Yeah sounds like an excuse to get a guest in.

Would Kyle take the booking? If he does, and scores well

Helping to knock Poole out, he will certainly be less popular with the Poole faithfull. Alternatively, he could be out to seek retribution and this would be an ideal opportunity.

Personally if asked, I hope he turns it down. Not worth any ill feeling towards him over just one payday.

A few might say they wouldn't blame him for seeking retribution and probably he feels that being sacked was unfair. Not sure some of the Poole fans would blame him either.

I hope he is back next season anyway.

Yeah sounds like an excuse to get a guest in.

I am assuming that you are joking.

Of course the majority of Swindon fans would want to have a fit rider back in the team rather than use a guest. BWD has contributed well this year in the main body of the team and his spell at reserve should have seen him flourish - but he has been injured. Obviously, if he isn't fit then we would look for the best guest available within the average Swindon have to cover - and that would obviously be Kyle Newman.

• Like 3

Of course the majority of Swindon fans would want to have a fit rider back in the team rather than use a guest. BWD has contributed well this year in the main body of the team and his spell at reserve should have seen him flourish - but he has been injured. Obviously, if he isn't fit then we would look for the best guest available within the average Swindon have to cover - and that would obviously be Kyle Newman.

You coming down mr Boring ?

• Like 1

Yes of course but riders have been told they are ill in the past if it meant the team was better off with a guest. I am certainly not saying Rosco would do that, he is a very well liked at Poole and I am sure wouldn't do that. I am also hoping Starke gets back to his earlier form and so the Peterborough meetings should tell quite a bit on both their scores, also I would expect Jack Holder to be riding Friday but probably not sunday unless Torun don't have a meeting.

Yes of course but riders have been told they are ill in the past if it meant the team was better off with a guest. I am certainly not saying Rosco would do that, he is a very well liked at Poole and I am sure wouldn't do that.

If it means winning the tie he'll do it. Hes batting for Swindon.

Lets also hope it's a good advert for our sport as well just hoping we can get some sort of a lead

Will Newman put in an appearance? Will Starke come down with a mystery illness? :). Seriously a lot depends on how BWD comes back and if Bellego has overcome his recent dip. Its possible Swindon could have peaked too soon and struggle. Im going for a comfy Poole win and to go through on aggregate.

Why the bloody ell can't they have this the following Monday, as on me olidays in Poole then!

Should be closer than the last couple of times these famous west country clubs met, Robins scoring 56 home and away, got boring.

First 2 fixtures early on were a draw at The Abbey and narrow win for Swindon at Poole, more exciting, so would take that if BWD and Dave B are on form.

• Like 1

Why the bloody ell can't they have this the following Monday, as on me olidays in Poole then!

Should be closer than the last couple of times these famous west country clubs met, Robins scoring 56 home and away, got boring.

First 2 fixtures early on were a draw at The Abbey and narrow win for Swindon at Poole, more exciting, so would take that if BWD and Dave B are on form.

You could go to Poole two weeks running, what could be better!

• Like 1

Would have to spend the second week in Bournemouth and Boscombe.

6 point Swindon win if Bellego on it. 6 point defeat if not. Either way we are going through after 2 legs!

never get over confident when riding a poole team .But on paper obvious swindon will be favourites poole got one of the best captains in the premiership looking forward to it