British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

Come on starry blow that bag up.

I am stood just 10 yards from the legend. He doesn't look like he's doing much to earn his keep. Just led on the fence. Lazy sod.

• Like 1

Steve Shovlar, on 11 Sept 2017 - 9:28 PM, said:

Few mins delay.

Well done to the robins we were beaten fair and square.

Difference between the teams clear to see. We had a number one who failed to live up to anything more than a reserve, and we could only replace him with a second string who battles and tries but is no number one. Swindon on the other hand have a number one and replaced a reserve with a top Pole. Pirates unable to live with that strength this time around.

Easily the best league meeting BT would have shown. The other playoff has a lot to live up to. Hope it does.

Congrats to Swindon. As they finished top they deserve the title. But those that deserve it don't always get it.

Holder was rubbish in the playoffs last season as well. Notsure hehas a future at Wimborne Road.

Well said & fair play to you Steve ..You still must have a little soft spot for them Robins deep down ?

Holder was rubbish in the playoffs last season as well. Notsure hehas a future at Wimborne Road.

Who for?

Edited by CB252

Very enjoyable and entertaining meeting but lost count of the number of times Pearson in particular got things wrong. That really shouldn't happen with professional commentators (I'm using the term professional in a fairly loose sense).

Doyle saving himself for world title fight??

He's not been at his best in the play offs in all 3 countries.

Swindon really arent that good. Only beat us by 2 points.

Just caught up on the updates site then.

I was only 1 out on my prediction..

If Poole hadn't of got them two 5-1's at the end I wouldn't have bothered going in two weeks time.

Hopefully it will be a close and exciting 2nd leg.

Do you argue with yourself in a Dark room?

I said I could see a draw coming up, wasn't far wrong.

Swindon really arent that good. Only beat us by 2 points.

Edited by hyabb17

Would have accepted a Poole 10 point lead but to come away with a 2 point lead is good. We should have kept pushing at the end and not eased off to allow Poole to pull back their loss.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

I am stood just 10 yards from the legend. He doesn't look like he's doing much to earn his keep. Just led on the fence. Lazy sod.

All those early starts on his paper round, poor boy.

3 seat breaks tonight confirmed by Rosco. Caused by the motorcross track it seems.

• Like 1

Amazed we won with only 5 heat winners. Going to need heat winners in second leg. We got away with it tonight.