British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

Turned it off after 2 Heats.

Clearly knew where the night was going with Jack going from 2nd to last and Starke's EF when leading.

That's a school boy comment

A good meeting and a joy not to see the joker. Perhaps the use of a tactical substitute but overall the riders went out and did what they had to do without the comfort/fallback of double points. Good luck to both teams in the next leg.

Some exciting stuff up until halfway, but the second half of the meeting less so. Have to say it was exciting not because the track is good, but quite the opposite. With the racing line so wide you worry that one day somebody is going to have a really bad smash.

Not sure Rossiter was watching the same meeting. I thought it was Poole who were the unlucky ones. A 5-1 in heat 2 until Stark had EF. Doyle allowed back in heat 13,which he won.

So really on another night Poole could have been going to the 2nd leg a couple of points up.

Swindon really arent that good. Only beat us by 2 points.

Are you JCF in disguise ?

No its not. I was right in the end.

Turned it off after 2 heats..How silly does that look

As a neutral I thoroughly enjoyed that. Most entertaining. It's a shame Poole didn't get a lead to make the second leg more interesting...I can't see Swindon having too much trouble at home.

Certainly been impressed with young Kurtz recently, tonight and the U-21's. He seems to be leaving Jack Holder behind now.

No its not. I was right in the end.

You support your team until the end .

Heat 2 absolutely. The heat Doyle was allowed back in as the red light was already on before he spun. Was due to be pulled back.

Not sure Rossiter was watching the same meeting. I thought it was Poole who were the unlucky ones. A 5-1 in heat 2 until Stark had EF. Doyle allowed back in heat 13,which he won.

So really on another night Poole could have been going to the 2nd leg a couple of points up.

If Poole win 10 heats and still lose, not much chance at the Abbey.

We could do with Aarnio the terrible in the second leg..

Thought heat 13 had been explained,it was called back for Andersen rolling.

He wasn't allowed back in, red light had come come before he fell, Rosco clearly wasn't watching or he would have put Morris in ht15.