British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

I said before this season even started that I doubted Holder would be up to much this season and that he was overrated and only where he was because of his name. Nothing I have seen this season has changed my mind.

Yes, he is still young but in my opinion he will only ever end up as a decent second string level Premiership rider, along the level of a Kennett type rider, nothing else.

Some riders are slow burners. Jack Holder will be a heatleader in 2-3 years time. Maybe riding in a struggling team hasnt helped. Edited by superguest

Would not have got out of Swindon until 5.30-5.45 if you left at 5. Takes 90 mins on a good run. I do work as well, finishing early wasn't an option. I also support the football team so split my cash evenly. Tonight wasn't an option for me.

Where were all the locals? Looked empty.

If you didn't like that, you don't enjoy speedway racing. When was the last time Blunsdon produced a meeting of that racing calibre?

The forecast was spot on. No rain mid afternoon onwards to a dry evening. Swindon fans didn't have to leave until 5pm. A check of the rainfall radar would show no threat. Extremely poor turnout by Swindon fans. Seen many more BV fans make the trip to Poole and its a 5/6 hour journey.

Edited by hyabb17

piss off you weirdo?

Why don't you.

Yes it does. It rains on the track. The rain penetrates the top surface and breaks away the dirt. Often after heavy rains tons of dirt have to be removed.

Well we had a late rally but not enough. Had a bit of bad luck in heat 2 and when Doyle fell on his ow (ref covering his arse with the Andersen roller rubbish) so Pirates might have had a 4point lead going into the second leg but that wouldn't have been enough.

Cracking meeting on a brillian race track. Those Poole haters should really take the anti Pirates blinkers off and just admit to themselves that Poole have a racetrack worthy of the name. When its good its bloody fantastic, with passing off every bend, at full throttle. You just can't beat it and what makes the sport so exciting. Tonight was what the playoffs are all about.

Couple of points. Swindon is 68 miles away. How come there were only 20 or so Swindon fans who made the trip? Lousy support for the team that topped the table. There will be far more Poole fans at Blunsdon in a fortnight, even though we have no chance. Not very good Robins fans.

For Poole Holder was rubbish. In heat one when Doyle got around him he should have known to have moved out but stuck to the inside making it so easy for Ellis. Really not sure he will be considered in 2018 to be honest.

Lahti was excrement. He was like this when he came to us but improved so much in recent weeks. Seemed he didn't want to know in the heavier than normal conditions. Its a playoff. He should be stuck in, not a lightweight. He certainly won't be back in 2018.

As for the rest of the team, they all got stuck right in. Well done to them.

As for Newman, he scored well as expected. Probably more than BWD who turned up at the stadium expecting to ride. He told the guy on the gate he was in the Swindon team and was riding tonight. Clearly someone forgot to tell him he was injured!

Well done to Swindon. Strength in depth which we haven't had all year. Hope the second semi final lives up to this one but it will have big boots to fill.

Hope not. Don't rate him at all. In fact he's been the worst of the lot. Just send him off to Torun and don't waste our time on him.

Told ya Lahti would be crap in the 1-5.

Yes it does. It rains on the track. The rain penetrates the top surface and breaks away the dirt. Often after heavy rains tons of dirt have to be removed.

Well we had a late rally but not enough. Had a bit of bad luck in heat 2 and when Doyle fell on his ow (ref covering his arse with the Andersen roller rubbish) so Pirates might have had a 4point lead going into the second leg but that wouldn't have been enough.

Cracking meeting on a brillian race track. Those Poole haters should really take the anti Pirates blinkers off and just admit to themselves that Poole have a racetrack worthy of the name. When its good its bloody fantastic, with passing off every bend, at full throttle. You just can't beat it and what makes the sport so exciting. Tonight was what the playoffs are all about.

Couple of points. Swindon is 68 miles away. How come there were only 20 or so Swindon fans who made the trip? Lousy support for the team that topped the table. There will be far more Poole fans at Blunsdon in a fortnight, even though we have no chance. Not very good Robins fans.

For Poole Holder was rubbish. In heat one when Doyle got around him he should have known to have moved out but stuck to the inside making it so easy for Ellis. Really not sure he will be considered in 2018 to be honest.

Lahti was excrement. He was like this when he came to us but improved so much in recent weeks. Seemed he didn't want to know in the heavier than normal conditions. Its a playoff. He should be stuck in, not a lightweight. He certainly won't be back in 2018.

As for the rest of the team, they all got stuck right in. Well done to them.

As for Newman, he scored well as expected. Probably more than BWD who turned up at the stadium expecting to ride. He told the guy on the gate he was in the Swindon team and was riding tonight. Clearly someone forgot to tell him he was injured!

Well done to Swindon. Strength in depth which we haven't had all year. Hope the second semi final lives up to this one but it will have big boots to fill.

Where was the Poole support? I've come down before and it's been 6 or 7 deep on that first bend.

I turned to the bloke next to me and I said oiiiiiiiiiii....

Seems to me that there must have been either a double edition of Corrie on tonight or a full house paid £20 tonight at The Mecca.

Heard more noise at a funeral....

plenty of passing tonight, and all because of an awful track, shows how things don't change but the Poole fans seem to think it's great.

Jack Holder is at the wrong club in my view, 100% Poole is not a Jack Holder sort of track. Seeing him at Peterborough against many of the same riders he was up against tonight he is totally different, and it shows with his improvement this year and how he's gone on to cope in Poland.

Why don't you.

Hope not. Don't rate him at all. In fact he's been the worst of the lot. Just send him off to Torun and don't waste our time on him.

Told ya Lahti would be crap in the 1-5.

But when you are JCF you almost in his backside.

Awful ploughed field of a track. The racing was good in spite of it, not because of it.

that jack holder sure is box office stuff .

he should be either put in a box and shipped back to whinge land or get a job in an office .

i have a load of old washers in the garage , but i still would not pay him with them !

that jack holder sure is box office stuff .

he should be either put in a box and shipped back to whinge land or get a job in an office .

i have a load of old washers in the garage , but i still would not pay him with them !

It would seem to be the best thing he can do next year is just ride in Poland.

• Like 1

Some very brave riders on show tonight on a terrible bouncy track. Poole had no luck and should really have won the meeting.

What did the ref see with Doyle's non exclusion ? He fell off all by himself.

Some very brave riders on show tonight on a terrible bouncy track. Poole had no luck and should really have won the meeting.

What did the ref see with Doyle's non exclusion ? He fell off all by himself.

Hans get a roller, red lights were on before Jason fell.

• Like 1