British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

A shock swindon win for me. I have totally underestimated them, a very good victory so well done to them.

A cracking meeting though. Love the play offs me

Edited by Phil The Ace

Where was the Poole support? I've come down before and it's been 6 or 7 deep on that first bend.

I turned to the bloke next to me and I said oiiiiiiiiiii....

Seems to me that there must have been either a double edition of Corrie on tonight or a full house paid £20 tonight at The Mecca.

Heard more noise at a funeral....

They probably preferred attending the Branksome Ballroom Dance evening, Sandbanks Silver Thread Club, Hengistbury Head Flower Arrangers, Barton on Sea W.I., or Wimborne Amateur Dramatic Society.

Poole had a good chance to beat Swindon after the 2 defeats at Rye and Wolves, but after an 8 year wait the Robins have won 3 times this year in Dorset.

Swindon will have more than 5 heat winners for the return leg, and the top 5 are too strong for this weak looking Pirates seven. Will go 51-39, but hope it will be more of a match. 18 wins in 20 matches...superb Swindon. But not a patch on the 2012 headtohead, with Wardy, Holder, KK, Andersen, Killer, Batch, etc., the crowds have gone downwards.

GO ROBINS!!!

Edited by beefy keefy
  • Like 1

Not to suggest anything untoward ;) but the last two heats have kept it interesting for BT and may put a few more on the gate for the second leg.

I thought exactly that... So it isn't just me that's cynical. Great racing it may have been, but you tend to get a feeling that it's sometimes stage managed.

Kyle Newman last night 8+1 from 5 from reserve

BWD at Poole last time 6+1 from a heat leader position. On that basis BWD would have scored better, certainly no worse.

This is the same thought process you used to try and justify the, at the time, and more so with hindsight utterly hilarious idea that Lahti trumps Museilak you silly, silly man.

This is the same thought process you used to try and justify the, at the time, and more so with hindsight utterly hilarious idea that Lahti trumps Museilak you silly, silly man.

how old are you lol

And no it wasnt the same thought process, try having a read of my posts....its something a lot of Poole fans do, they fail to actually read what is wrote.

Have a little look................i put Lahti had scored 45 points from his last 3 meetings of which 2 were from reserve and that he had beaten some good riders in those meetings.

My opinion was he could of outscored Musielek last night. He didnt i got that wrong it happens.

Many times ive been right so occasionally i have to get it wrong

Lahti has been in cracking from and it wasnt beyond the realms of possibility that he could have outscored Musielek.

Same as its not beyond possibility that BWD would have done better than Kyle.

If you dont have the intellect to discuss then best not to say to much.

Jack Holder and Lahti cost Poole he meeting last night.

Edited by Gavan

how old are you lol

Lahti has been in cracking from and it wasnt beyond the realms of possibility that he could have outscore Musielek.

Same as its not beyond possibility that BWD would have done better than Kyle.

If you dont have the intellect to discuss then best not to say to much.

Jack Holder and Lahti cost Poole he meeting last night.

The irony of you asking anyone how old they are is hilarious you utter man child.. :lol:

For one so bumptious. so dismissive of the opinions of so many your “knowledge” of the sport is quite pitiful.

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan
  • Like 1

Could have would have should have. It didn't they didn't. You can't try and guess what someone would have scored, different night, different track conditions. I will try a guess though, if Bradley would have ridden, with his injury I doubt he would have scored much on that track bumping around everywhere.

Edited by baldyman

The irony of you asking anyone how old they are is hilarious you utter man child.. :lol:

For one so bumptious so dismissive of the opinions of so many your “knowledge” of the sport is quite pitiful.

I never dismiss anyones opinions.

When people like you start abusing and name calling you have lost the battle young man.

I though Lahti would do a whole lot better than he did.

You then said he had beaten nobody, dross i think was the word you used......i then gave you evidence of who he had beat.....hardly dross.

My opinion was wrong on this one, i never forced it on anyone just gave my opinion and the reasons why.

The fact you feel it necessary to come on here and try to gloat is quite pathetic and childish really. If its what you enjoy then carry on.

I hold my hands up if my opinions are wrong.....shame none of you so called Poole fans with many usernames do the same

I never dismiss anyones opinions.

When people like you start abusing and name calling you have lost the battle young man.

I though Lahti would do a whole lot better than he did.

You then said he had beaten nobody, dross i think was the word you used......i then gave you evidence of who he had beat.....hardly dross.

My opinion was wrong on this one, i never forced it on anyone just gave my opinion and the reasons why.

The fact you feel it necessary to come on here and try to gloat is quite pathetic and childish really. If its what you enjoy then carry on.

When people, sorry, you , singular – thankfully - post on here, most people battle the will to read this forum – so much content from you, yet so much dross – you don’t even know about the subject matter you talk about – anyone can read updates sites

Keep that in mind the next, and, just about every time you post.

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Jack Holder just looks a accident waiting to happen, perhaps he is one of those riders Jason Doyle referred to as being dangerous/out of control?

• Like 2

Pretty much as expected, cracking meeting, great racing, lots of passing, Newman rode very well and in my opinion scored a few more than BWD would have done, Lahti was awful, no idea what has happened to his form, he wasn't on the pace in any race he must have been speaking to KK! Missed the gate and went backwards. Apart from his unfortunate engine failure Starke rode extremely well, looked quick and was on the pace all night, Shanes was also excellent especially his from the back ride to deny Davey on the line, great ride. Kennett also rode very well and looked quick especially his overtake on the back straight, Brady and Hans also did their jobs very well too but what has happened to Jack, clearly trying his socks off but just not happening.

Overall enjoyable meeting and considering we were 10 behind with two races to go we did very well to get the deficit down to two and if you think of the points thrown away, Jack should have got at least a point in heat one, should have had a 5-1 in heat 2, Doyle should have been excluded ridiculous decision by Master Bates as we call him in my house!

Anyway all water under the bridge, we are never going to beat this Swindon team over two legs but we could have made it more interesting with a bit of luck. Rosco thinks his team were unlucky what is he on about!

I think rosco could have said i think poole was a little unlucky not to get something out of the meeting in which we were

It has to be, quite possibly, the worst conspiracy theory ever concocted.

Coming up with the idea that Bradley turned up without knowing he wasn't riding when he had already posted the fact himself just goes to show how lies can be spread on social media and become 'truths'.

I guess someone dreamed it up after seeing he was there when they showed him on the telly!

With all the fuss about this, it's a shame BY didn't interview him and get his own side of things.

The truth is, he pulled out of taking an extra ride at Peterborough as he was unfit and would have been needed for extra rides at Poole. With all the bumps on the Poole track last night he clearly made the right decision.

Great meeting last night for the first half, although the racing wasn't quite so good in the latter races.

Good for Swindon to get a win, but they did chuck it away a bit at the end. Nice to see Bellego riding well, although he has ridden better.

Race of the night was Ellis off 15m.

Perfectly put.

It has to be, quite possibly, the worst conspiracy theory ever concocted.

Coming up with the idea that Bradley turned up without knowing he wasn't riding when he had already posted the fact himself just goes to show how lies can be spread on social media and become 'truths'.

I guess someone dreamed it up after seeing he was there when they showed him on the telly!

With all the fuss about this, it's a shame BY didn't interview him and get his own side of things.

The truth is, he pulled out of taking an extra ride at Peterborough as he was unfit and would have been needed for extra rides at Poole. With all the bumps on the Poole track last night he clearly made the right decision.

Great meeting last night for the first half, although the racing wasn't quite so good in the latter races.

Good for Swindon to get a win, but they did chuck it away a bit at the end. Nice to see Bellego riding well, although he has ridden better.

Race of the night was Ellis off 15m.

Lies yet again from certain Poole fans

Have to make up stuff to get a reaction tad pathetic