British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Bandits V Monarchs 9-9-17 @7pm

I will be the first to admit that neither David Howe or Jye Etheridgemade me think 'wow' when we signed them, but so glad they proved me wrong. Glad to have either and hopefully both back in 2018.

• Like 1

Early on in this meeting I was a bit worried that things were looking a bit dodgy for The Bandits , we dropped some easy points (Danny & BTD)) , and passing was looking difficult, but we prevailed and great performances from David, Jye , Kev & Nick got us home fairly comfortably . Erik Riss is a class act and his longtrack style is perfectly suited to Berwick , if he'd hit the front there's no one who'd of caught him . Be a tough test next Saturday night with no Nick and guests thin on the ground, but hopefully we can keep the rum going and end what's been a tough season on a high . Be nice to hear an announcement about the signing of a couple of riders always gives the supporters something to look forward too next season but I don't think that will happen until the promotion knowing what the league set up is going to be next season

Edited by DSC67

Early on in this meeting I was a bit worried that things were looking a bit dodgy for The Bandits , we dropped some easy points (Danny & RTD ) , and passing was looking difficult, but we prevailed and great performances from David, Jye , Kev & Nick got us home fairly comfortably . Erik Riss is a class act and his longtrack style is perfectly suited to Berwick , if he'd hit the front there's no one who'd of caught him . Be a tough test next Saturday night with no Nick and guests thin on the ground, but hopefully we can keep the rum going and end what's been a tough season on a high . Be nice to hear an announcement about the signing of a couple of riders always gives the supporters something to look forward too next season but I don't think that will happen until the promotion knowing what the league set up is going to be next season

Nigh on impossible to tell what is going to happen next year, one league? two?, ban on doubling up? average limits, etc. Can't really plan for a team until you get a decent idea what's going on.

• Like 2

Nigh on impossible to tell what is going to happen next year, one league? two?, ban on doubling up? average limits, etc. Can't really plan for a team until you get a decent idea what's going on.

I think all promoters will already have a solid idea of whats happening.

Poole for example have already made 3 signings including a Pole - I dont think that would be happening if they were not sure of the league set up at very least.

What was Nick saying on the pitch when interviewed last night?

Pretty standard stuff for and end of season interview, he was getting ready for the play offs with Swindon, he thought he had as good a chance as any in the Championship Riders Championship, and that he`d enjoyed himself at Berwick and went onto thank the club, promotion and fans.

Been great to see him riding for Berwick this season. Can't see him being back next season unless it's in a doubling up situation. Been a proper number 1.

• Like 2

Nick has shown how important it is for all teams to have a talisman to lead from the front and how important that is for next season

First time we have had a proper number one or a few years now, agree it's important to have one.

• Like 2

Another good result last night in a match that I though may well have went the other way. Some good scoring for the Bandits and David HOWE what a night with heats 13 and 15 being spot on and showing that he was a worthy addition to the team. Think the learning point for R T Daley is the race ends when you cross the line as he should have taken the deserved point from Davey who was far from what you normally see in a Monarchs race jacket.

Whilst Morris may head off after this season I would certainly like to see an early commitment towards both David Howe and Jye.

Been great to see him riding for Berwick this season. Can't see him being back next season unless it's in a doubling up situation. Been a proper number 1.

Watching Nick progress when Glasgow brought him over as a raw 16 year old has been a joy he is always welcome at Glasgow preferably with a Tigers bib on.

But you have been lucky to have enjoyed watching him this year.

• Like 2

I'd actually take the whole team for next season with JPB at 7.

Become a solid team.

I'd actually take the whole team for next season with JPB at 7.

Become a solid team.

Id certainly be speaking with NBJ about coming back... And as others have said, even if we can't get Nick, then an established number 1 is a must! I certainly have felt privileged that we've had Nick this season... He's been more than committed for us and how fitting it would be if we see him crowned riders champion on the 24th... Hope there is a big load of us Bandit fans there to support him!

• Like 1

Until the AGM sorts out the structure of the speedway (to totally suit what Saturday's programme called the soft southern underbelly of the sport) for next year, no point in even speculating about team make-up.

• Like 1