British Speedway Forum
Theboss

In My View By Phil Rising

On tonight's speedway tavern add well add talking about play offs we address going to discuss how speedway moves forward from the mess ít is in using the speedway star articles add a starting point for the discussion. Of course we want to here your views. You can participate by phone (we phone you)or via the shoutbox, Twitter and Facebook. If you want to participate by phoned please Message me privately.

The total includes all 411 completed league, knock-out cup and National Trophy matches. Postponed matches or matches abandoned without a result being declared are not included.

So 562 guests in 411 meetings or an average of 1.37 per meeting. Not that different from my sample (1.24) although a bit worse / bigger.

Add in rider replacements and you're definitely over 2 riders "missing" on average every meeting or 1 per team.

Can we agree that this is far too many?

So 562 guests in 411 meetings or an average of 1.37 per meeting. Not that different from my sample (1.24) although a bit worse / bigger.

Add in rider replacements and you're definitely over 2 riders "missing" on average every meeting or 1 per team.

Including last night's fixtures rider replacements clock in at 272. Combined guest & r/r total is 838 from 413 matches.

Regarding Peter Oakes' figures, I don't know what date he used as his cut-off but it obviously wasn't as late as the 11th so I would expect my figure to be higher. Considering there have been 41 guests used in the last 7 days, our two totals certainly appear to be in the same ball-park.

So, will the BSPA finally address the problem of D/U or R/R & guests in 2018 or are we going down the Chairman's route of more guests as and when needed?

So, will the BSPA finally address the problem of D/U or R/R & guests in 2018 or are we going down the Chairman's route of more guests as and when needed?

Looks like the latter sadly.

• Like 1

Regarding Peter Oakes' figures, I don't know what date he used as his cut-off but it obviously wasn't as late as the 11th so I would expect my figure to be higher. Considering there have been 41 guests used in the last 7 days, our two totals certainly appear to be in the same ball-park.

They are just as up to date as far as I can see.

The difference in figures is because yours include Cup and Trophy matches whilst his are only for standard league fixtures.

Fella...if anyone, be it fan, or BSPA think that is fine, then you know this sport is fecked.

I had to explain to someone today that Kyle Newman could be racing against one of his 'teams' in the relegation meetings....how do you explain that keeping a straight face, and expect people to take the 'sport' seriously?

• Like 3

Some riders have al ready made plans for next year, Thomas Jorgensen at Kings Lynn, Lambert not riding in the Championship, Cook probably not in Championship if in the GP,s. Edit, Cook I suppose could ride for a Thursday or Wednesday night club in the Championship.

Who knows?????

Edited by topaz325

Fella...if anyone, be it fan, or BSPA think that is fine, then you know this sport is fecked.

I had to explain to someone today that Kyle Newman could be racing against one of his 'teams' in the relegation meetings....how do you explain that keeping a straight face, and expect people to take the 'sport' seriously?

You can add Danny King to that as well. Both King and Newman ride for Leicester

and Ipswich. Been asking the question for ages, who DO they ride for in the event

that the two clubs meet in the Promotion/Relegation Play Off???

Ridiculous scenario for me, a fan since 1969, so no chance of getting any potential

new fans to take the sport seriously!!

• Like 2

I tried to explain the Cradley team for last Sunday to two mates in the pub last night. Took ages to explain it because they kept laughing

• Like 1

Buster intimated after our meeting on Wednesday that the plan is 100% for Premiership to race on Mondays and Thursdays only and for Championship clubs to relinquish these Mondays and Thursdays. Seems agreement has been made with Poland to have Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Sweden their Tuesdays and Denmark Wednesdays. Not 100% sure if it's set in stone but near enough....

• Like 1

Fans want to see their own team of riders, ok injuries can't be helped but how can supporters get behind their TEAM with all these guests, its an absolutely ludicrous situation, if what Buster Chapman says happens no R/R there will be even more, surely six man teams and one league is the way to go.

So sad to see our sport down and virtually out. Why cant clubs work together instead of for themselves for the good of the sport, and what the supporter wants or thinks is at the bottom of the agenda, and I have to say many supporters on here come up with some good ideas, but will they listen NO, promoters need to at least listen to your paying customers and try to accommodate them to a degree, after all some of the rules that have come out of many AGM's over the years haven't been much good.

The rule book needs to be thrown away and go back to basics,it is a simple sport, four riders, four laps, why do the rules have to be so intricate, I think we all know why!

This Saturday Workington who are just about keeping their heads above the water and are desperate to get their crowds above 500 😳Yes 500 are having to race a home meeting with 2 top riders missing because they are representing other clubs in the elite league championship or whatever it's called these days . Do we really need to keep spelling it out for people to understand ??

• Like 5

And of course the best way to get crowds flocking back to Workington is removing local hero Craig Cook and Thomas Jorgensen and making them sign utterly sub-standard junk the likes of Jakob Bukkhave and Coty Garcia, be lucky if they got 200.

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan
  • Like 1