British Speedway Forum
Theboss

In My View By Phil Rising

SPOKE to someone today who had a conversation with a prominent promoter. He said that he was disappointed at what I wrote in SS and wondered why I was always putting British speedway down. It is in fine shape he said. What planet are some of these guys on?

Fast forward to Sept 2018 and there will be 7 of the new 12 Premiership Clubs saying " if fans don't prove they want speedway enough to turn out in droves, they won't have it". And the BSPA Chairman says "The demise of speedway can only be laid at the door of the fans".

• Like 1

extremely disrespectful of two decent performers - I suspect both are a better man than you

I'm not the kind of man to mollycoddle people and place them on a pedestal just because they ride a speeday bike - the two riders I mentioned are both crap, saying that isn't deplorable as mentioned by another poster - christ grow a back bone.

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

SPOKE to someone today who had a conversation with a prominent promoter. He said that he was disappointed at what I wrote in SS and wondered why I was always putting British speedway down. It is in fine shape he said. What planet are some of these guys on?

And I would put good money on him being part of the current MC

Oh please! Nothing more i wish for than validation from a man who spends all day on the forum of a sport he doesn't even attend!

There's a fishing club down south run by a Mr Shoveller - I'm sure he'd welcome you as a fully-qualified member

But they all think anything they say and do Is 100% right especially the wannabees , offer an alternative opinion at your peril because every single one of them has a troop of of sycopants ready and armed with a keyboard

• Like 1

Why not name who the prominent promoter is?! Its not as if the mag is likely to get an interview with him/her in the near future is it, if they think you're always putting speedway down?!

Why not name who the prominent promoter is?! Its not as if the mag is likely to get an interview with him/her in the near future is it, if they think you're always putting speedway down?!

BECAUSE it would reveal the name of the guy who spoke to him and I don't want to do that.

BECAUSE it would reveal the name of the guy who spoke to him and I don't want to do that.

That's perfectly understandable . But it's extremely worrying that a prominent promoter thinks that way .

and because of the latest brainstorm to come from the SCB high intelligence meetings they would get a fine for speaking out of line

That's perfectly understandable . But it's extremely worrying that a prominent promoter thinks that way .

It seems almost inconceivable that any promoter is getting enough people through the turnstiles to hold that view.

In fact, if there is a promoter in such an enviable position.

That would surely mark the guy out, wouldn't it?

Edited by Grand Central

It seems almost inconceivable that any promoter is getting enough people through the turnstiles to hold that view.

In fact, if there is a promoter in such an enviable position.

That would surely mark the guy out, wouldn't it?

BUT he isn't, which makes his comment all the more remarkable (that's putting it politely)...

We always suspected they had their heads stuck in the sand , this only proves it

• Like 1

BUT he isn't, which makes his comment all the more remarkable (that's putting it politely)...

Yes, i was being facetious (as usual) about him.

There are many times when criticism of promoters here is seen by some here as excessive.

But they are so often ones who reinforce, by their own actions, the negative view of them as being really quite reasonable.

Edited by Grand Central

I'm not the kind of man to mollycoddle people and place them on a pedestal just because they ride a speeday bike - the two riders I mentioned are both crap, saying that isn't deplorable as mentioned by another poster - christ grow a back bone.

ok I'll bite once - and then no more

a - they are NOT crap - I'd have them both back at Redcar in a heartbeat.

b - I have enough backbone to not have to belittle people to make myself feel bigger

• Like 2