British Speedway Forum
Theboss

In My View By Phil Rising

IT was indeed. When leaving the stadium with KT and NP, we all agreed that if we lived in Torun we would happily pay to watch speedway there. Just seeing and experiencing how the whole town is behind the Torun club makes you realise that British speedway is light years away.

However, it is encouraging to hear from Mark Lemon that Manchester City Council is very supportive of the NSS there.

Good news indeed.

Thank goodness that the relationship as been repaired, bearing in mind how things were this time last year.

To avoid further embarrassment to any party, I wont go into last nights fiasco. But to avoid it ever happening again thorough detailed planning for the future is a must.

Moving forward we must start at the beginning.

So a fixed race night with an alternative day to be used for rain offs/abandonment's.

Mondays could be classed as the alternative race day and also reserved for televised matches with Thursday the fixed race night. (alternatively vice versa)

With say 12 teams in The Top League, it would mean a total of 22 weeks to fulfill home and away fixtures..

Commencing with Round 1 of fixtures on 29 March 2018 and Round 22 on 23 August 2018.

All fixtures to be completed by this date as alternative day used to achieve it.

This would still leave 5 full fixture dates before the end of September to stage Play Off rounds.

Planning is easy, but it takes all concerned to actually listen, what the paying public want.

Stability.

Are you saying that 8 clubs (those who don't qualify for the play-offs) would have just eleven home meetings in the season, spread over 22 weeks?

More ammunition to get out of the speedway attending habit, I'd say

That would bring the end of British speedway even closer than it may be at the moment

• Like 1

I TAKE your point but don't think BT's approach to 2018 will change because of this one fixture. They were delighted with the viewing figures for the play-offs.

But the fact is that some promoters don't want televised speedway because, they believe, without a cash payment to the clubs it actually does more harm than good. Cuckoo land of course.

The Chairman of the BSPA told me in Torun over the weekend that my piece in Speedway Star, which was the forerunner of this particular topic, did huge damage to British speedway, that the sport is quite healthy in the UK and that most tracks have reported increased attendances. At King's Lynn they improved dramatically after the sacking of Batchelor and Holder despite five consecutive home defeats. Fortunately he walked away before I could ask him what planet he was on.

Be honest did you really expect any other answer from him these days,it's a closed shop and they are deluded which the average fan already knows.
  • Like 1

I TAKE your point but don't think BT's approach to 2018 will change because of this one fixture. They were delighted with the viewing figures for the play-offs.

But the fact is that some promoters don't want televised speedway because, they believe, without a cash payment to the clubs it actually does more harm than good. Cuckoo land of course.

The Chairman of the BSPA told me in Torun over the weekend that my piece in Speedway Star, which was the forerunner of this particular topic, did huge damage to British speedway, that the sport is quite healthy in the UK and that most tracks have reported increased attendances. At King's Lynn they improved dramatically after the sacking of Batchelor and Holder despite five consecutive home defeats. Fortunately he walked away before I could ask him what planet he was on.

im suprised he hasnt made a statement laying the blame for the state of speedway firmly at my door then, doesnt matter to me anyway cause next season I will be as a fan officially withholding my services so I will get s ban Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

im suprised he hasnt made a statement laying the blame for the state of speedway firmly at my door then, doesnt matter to me anyway cause next season I will be as a fan officially withholding my services so I will get s ban

He maybe has you pencilled in for aTeam spot.!!
  • Like 1

Did you ask the BSPA Chairman how sales of their GTR engines are, seems to have gone very quiet on the subject, has the divorce gone smoothly?

So, were you there for the two KOC matches against Workington? Both on a Sunday...... :nono:

It might help if you quoted my full Post. :nono::nono::nono: (see below).

Then you needn't have asked the question. :nono::nono:

I highlight the relevant part for your perusal. :angry:

I will not be there. Monday Night is bad for me.

Newcastle's normal day is a Sunday which suits me fine.

To be totally honest, I would not have gone anyway as I have made, what I consider to be, a principled stand of not returning to Speedway until Double Points is gone.

Then the Promoters should ask themselves - WHY?

The words of the chairman is a clear indication that the sport will just eventually fade out in this country, if those in charge can't even see there is a problem, then nothing will change.

OK, if you want to end up bankrupt, with a black mark against your name for the rest of your life and probable loss of all your worldly assets go right ahead, keep that head in the sand and see where it gets you.

Not a lot of point of just jumping on the back of the current Chairman, I believe his views are shared by quite a few of his fellow promoters, hence the problems we have in speedway which has been on a steady decline for a few years now with little or no much needed significant change in that time.

• Like 1

Not a lot of point of just jumping on the back of the current Chairman, I believe his views are shared by quite a few of his fellow promoters, hence the problems we have in speedway which has been on a steady decline for a few years now with little or no much needed significant change in that time.

Unfortunately that does appear to be the case, those that side with Chapman to avoid any aggravation and those that speak out and incur the wrath.

Are you saying that 8 clubs (those who don't qualify for the play-offs) would have just eleven home meetings in the season, spread over 22 weeks?

More ammunition to get out of the speedway attending habit, I'd say

That would bring the end of British speedway even closer than it may be at the moment

In of my sentences it says:- Moving forward we must start at the beginning.

So looking at the big picture, 11 home league meetings if you do not qualify for the play offs, yes.

But with the second race night on the week that you are away, the knock out cup, challenge and individual meetings could be staged.

The main emphasis, that if careful planning and consideration to the paying public is taken anything can be achieved.

IT was indeed. When leaving the stadium with KT and NP, we all agreed that if we lived in Torun we would happily pay to watch speedway there. Just seeing and experiencing how the whole town is behind the Torun club makes you realise that British speedway is light years away.

However, it is encouraging to hear from Mark Lemon that Manchester City Council is very supportive of the NSS there.

That should read, Poland are behind the UK, we've seen the big crowds, the towns and cities, even counties, turning out to support their teams, now we have what we have...and quite possibly what Poland may have in a few year's time....

That should read, Poland are behind the UK, we've seen the big crowds, the towns and cities, even counties, turning out to support their teams, now we have what we have...and quite possibly what Poland may have in a few year's time....

but Poland are putting out a good product and giving their fans what they want , many of us Brits went to gdansk v Torun on Sunday ,as a meeting it was crap, no passing ,result sorted by heat 8 but it was a must to be there , the atmosphere was something else and as a social event it ticked the boxes and did it make me want to go back ? Hell yes , we deserve our crowds ,we created this mess Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE