British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barrow Boy 2

Championship Play Offs

Hmmmm.... don't Wolves ride on Friday at Somerset? So where will Masters and Riss ride? Also Schlein and Greaves for Witches?

I would assume both teams will be at full strength. With play offs being far more important than a standard EL meeting that just needs to be completed

Edited by Mr Blobby

I would assume both teams will be at full strength. With play offs being far more important than a standard EL meeting that just needs to be completed

It's a KOC semi-final.

Quote from Garry May on the Somerset website last week;

"we have finally gone ahead with Friday the 22nd, which means that we will at least get preference on any of our riders who might be required to ride in any potential SGB Championship play-off meeting which might be subsequently scheduled for that same night.”

Not surprised Sheffield picked us given our problems but even without our injury woes i think Sheffield would still have been too strong for us ,and for the second season running i think the other tigers will knock us out at the semi-final stage.

But you just never know unlikely but possible.

Edited by Gazc

Who does Rory Schlein ride for as wolves at Somerset same night as Ipswich at Edinburgh

Why didn't ipswich have the second leg at home???

Their choice as finish second in table?

Edited by baldyman

So our team on the Friday maybe 2 ipswich riders an rr and 4 guests??? Looks like 2 total monarchs stich up. And why would louis agree to that date when his team would be like that?? If that's the case they can shove Thursday where the sun don't shine.

Edited by baldyman

Are Wolves really going to release 4 of their riders for the meeting at Somerset. It doesn't matter to Somerset as only Cam from the two teams rides for them and he is currently injured. If Edinburgh are at full strength then I hope Ipswich will be or it will be a total farce. Would be nice to get some clarification from the Witches camp what the line up at Edinburgh will be.

Edited by Bash

Are Wolves really going to release 4 of their riders for the meeting at Somerset. It doesn't matter to Somerset as only Cam from the two teams rides for them and he is currently injured. If Edinburgh are at full strength then I hope Ipswich will be or it will be a total farce. Would be nice to get some clarification from the Witches camp what the line up at Edinburgh will be.

Yer we'll find out about 7pm this Thursday .

So our team on the Friday maybe 2 ipswich riders an rr and 4 guests??? Looks like 2 total monarchs stich up. And why would louis agree to that date when his team would be like that?? If that's the case they can shove Thursday where the sun don't shine.

Oh dear!!

Yer we'll find out about 7pm this Thursday .

Won't be able to hear it though I assume.

Aren't both meetings rearranged? If so it would make sense that whoever signed said rider first would get priority, so in that case Witches get Schlein, wolves keep Greaves who else are witches needing guests for

We were told at Leicester yesterday that the Somerset match was being put back a week.(Kyle was due to guest for rebels)

• Like 1

And why are Glasgow racing on a Tuesday night!!!!!! Bound to be a huge money spinner - the kids that have watched us all year and no doubt there parents will now miss out. OK I don't expect us to win on the night or qualify for the final but it would have ben nice to race in front of bumper crowd! Just cos we own our stadium we get treated like mugs. Saturday would have been the obvious date but seems we are committed to a thrilling match at Workington which if you look at the Workington threads there is likely to be no one there. Glasgow fans wont be travelling having forked out for 3 matches in less than a week and with the riders championship and the play-offs still to pay for. We've been shafted in the ko cup with blank dates waiting months to see who our opponents will be and we still don't have any fixed dates. We'll now lose to Newcastle whereas earlier in the season when at full strength we should have won. Its just a total bells up