British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barrow Boy 2

Championship Play Offs

Good point though i see Glasgow as being partially to blame. We had 5 blank fixtures in the April to June period and more during July & August where we should have been trying to pull fixtures forward. I dont believe that every team we could have approached would have said no. Now a meaningless meeting prevents us running a playoff on our usual race night and gaining all the revenue that comes with it.

Suppose we agreed to go to Workington on Saturday before realising the possible implications . Saturday night the place could have been rocking , be like a morgue on Tuesday especially if we get battered on Thursday night . Hopefully the 30th can be used for the home leg of the KO Cup tie against Newcastle .

Suppose we agreed to go to Workington on Saturday before realising the possible implications . Saturday night the place could have been rocking , be like a morgue on Tuesday especially if we get battered on Thursday night . Hopefully the 30th can be used for the home leg of the KO Cup tie against Newcastle .

Speedway couldn't organise a p#ss up in a brewery.Surely it would been more sensible on a Sunday as an alternate.Thats what the fixtures farce has forced upon them.

Ha ha, take that Edinburgh💪💪👊👊👊

Take what exactly? Think we've tried to pull a fast one. Do you really think Ipswich would be stupid enough to accept the date if key members of their team would be missing.

• Like 1

Can't make Tuesday either due to my work, i would imagine there will be more in the same boat.

I have missed hardly any meetings this season but will miss the biggest one due to when it is being staged.

• Like 4

Take what exactly? Think we've tried to pull a fast one. Do you really think Ipswich would be stupid enough to accept the date if key members of their team would be missing.

Baldy would see that as a loaded question 😜

Actually..... Yes. How did Louis team changes go this season :lol:

Do you really feel that for paying £17.50, plus £1 for the stand (£18.50) that our team is good value for money and not an embarrisment?

There is no need for 3 big hitters in our team when only 1 of them averages over 8 away from home. End of this season we need a clear out.

Away averages of over 8 you say. Statistically taking all heat leaders over the whole league the majority are not over 8 points away average. This is backed up by the Star figures which show that only the top 13 riders in the whole league (plus one other exception riding only handful of matches) have an away average of over 8, so that's (on average) one rider per team.

Even when Steve Lawson had a 9 point average, his away average would have been lucky if it was over 8. You criticise and rubbish riders that don't have an away average of over 8 and all such riders need to be binned. Not sure which planet you're viewing from.

You also say Richard Lawson never overtakes, well quite often he doesn't need to and of course his father suffered from a similar problem and Glasgow should also have binned probably around 1979 or 1980 season going by your logic that he didn't do many overtakes.

The reality is that Glasgow have had a reasonable mixture of experience and up and coming youth, to have three riders around 8.5 average and backed up by two riders on or around 7 point average is a decent team, especially when you consider that the 4th and 5th average riders are young and on rising averages, its unfortunate that those two key riders have been out injured. Momentum and the team spirit that comes from having two rising stars can be the difference between a winning team and one that loses its way.

Glasgow have qualified for the play-offs so as others have said that's a decent overall achievement although whatever happens as far as I'm concerned its Sheffield's title as I personally don't believe in the play-offs system, as far as I'm concerned Sheffield won it fair and square and Ipswich worthy runners-up but best of luck to everybody and if the Witches pull it off then it will be no mean feat either.

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway
  • Like 6

Away averages of over 8 you say. Statistically taking all heat leaders over the whole league the majority are not over 8 points away average. This is backed up by the Star figures which show that only the top 13 riders in the whole league (plus one other exception riding only handful of matches) have an away average of over 8, so that's (on average) one rider per team.

Even when Steve Lawson had a 9 point average, his away average would have been lucky if it was over 8. You criticise and rubbish riders that don't have an away average of over 8 and all such riders need to be binned. Not sure which planet you're viewing from.

You also say Richard Lawson never overtakes, well quite often he doesn't need to and of course his father suffered from a similar problem and Glasgow should also have binned probably around 1979 or 1980 season going by your logic that he didn't do many overtakes.

The reality is that Glasgow have had a reasonable mixture of experience and up and coming youth, to have three riders around 8.5 average and backed up by two riders on or around 7 point average is a decent team, especially when you consider that the 4th and 5th average riders are young and on rising averages, its unfortunate that those two key riders have been out injured. Momentum and the team spirit that comes from having two rising stars can be the difference between a winning team and one that loses its way.

Glasgow have qualified for the play-offs so as others have said that's a decent overall achievement although whatever happens as far as I'm concerned its Sheffield's title as I personally don't believe in the play-offs system, as far as I'm concerned Sheffield won it fair and square and Ipswich worthy runners-up but best of luck to everybody and if the Witches pull it off then it will be no mean feat either.

Excellent post the only minor criticism is that your giving some credence to what kermy says by responding 😯

• Like 1

Please could you tell me whether it is easy to park at Glasgow?

yes i believe its like anywhere else , you turn your steering wheel and steer in between lines then straighten up and put your hand brake on

Please could you tell me whether it is easy to park at Glasgow?

Plenty of parking just a few hundred yards past the stadium entrance on the left.

• Like 1

Plenty of parking just a few hundred yards past the stadium entrance on the left.

Thank you, it's nice to get a sensible answer :)

Edited by Heather12

.Please could you tell me whether it is easy to park at Glasgow?

Plenty street parking although be careful not to block driveways ,also big Speedway car park 200yd along road (£2)

think that the only thing richard lawson needs to overtake are a few cars on the m1 on his way down to sign for us southern tigers for next season!