Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barrow Boy 2

Championship Play Offs

Good point though i see Glasgow as being partially to blame. We had 5 blank fixtures in the April to June period and more during July & August where we should have been trying to pull fixtures forward. I dont believe that every team we could have approached would have said no. Now a meaningless meeting prevents us running a playoff on our usual race night and gaining all the revenue that comes with it.

Not entirely meaningless MD, it's a good forecast apparently down here Saturday so that "MEANS" another match ticked off and "MEANS" another match closer to ending what has become another wretched season for the Comets? :D

I've also heard that excuse before from our promotion about teams not wanting to change race dates, maybe one of the teams either club "could" have approached during the barren spell, and didn't, were each other? ;)

Not entirely meaningless MD, it's a good forecast apparently down here Saturday so that "MEANS" another match ticked off and "MEANS" another match closer to ending what has become another wretched season for the Comets? :D

I've also heard that excuse before from our promotion about teams not wanting to change race dates, maybe one of the teams either club "could" have approached during the barren spell, and didn't, were each other? ;)

I thought I read that we tried Workington but they wouldn't come cos Cook wouldn't be available. A bit ironic as he's missed quite a few meetings since the World Cup for various reasons some of which remain a mystery to me.

think that the only thing richard lawson needs to overtake are a few cars on the m1 on his way down to sign for us southern tigers for next season!

Perhaps he'll pass Josh on his way north

I thought I read that we tried Workington but they wouldn't come cos Cook wouldn't be available. A bit ironic as he's missed quite a few meetings since the World Cup for various reasons some of which remain a mystery to me.

Now that I could very well understand!! :t:

It could be that with these rumours of the Comets being bad payers many riders wont guest for us in his place, a half hearted guest would be just as bad as going RR and, considering at that time in the season, we would still be interested in some silverware possibilities, you could see the point in "not doing it" doesn't help matters but sadly that seems the way teams operate nowadays? :cry: