British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Scunthorpe Cl Sat 9th Sept 2017@7pm

Entertaining meeting. Kerr, Douglas and Allen showed you dont always have to scrape the boards to find the fastest way round. Allen's ht11 win was superb, sweeping wide into the turns and cutting back to scuff the chalk line on the way out. An intelligent ride prompting Summers tantrum.

Liam Carr did ok at reserve, perhaps we should book him every meeting to give him and us continuity. So now its four meetings in five days starting on Wednesday with Ipswich. Choice of guest for both teams could be crucial.

I would imagine Bewley will be back by Wednesday, won't he?

What's he done - a groin strain?

All the best

Rob

I would imagine Bewley will be back by Wednesday, won't he?

What's he done - a groin strain?

All the best

Rob

Hip flexor according to the programme. He's no use to us half fit or not being able to complete all his races so we will have to see. R/r for Bewley means Summers is the rider above and the guest for Lunna also gets a ride which is preferable IMO. DB hasnt done too much for us this season despite his showings for BV.

Entertaining meeting. Kerr, Douglas and Allen showed you dont always have to scrape the boards to find the fastest way round. Allen's ht11 win was superb, sweeping wide into the turns and cutting back to scuff the chalk line on the way out. An intelligent ride prompting Summers tantrum.

Liam Carr did ok at reserve, perhaps we should book him every meeting to give him and us continuity. So now its four meetings in five days starting on Wednesday with Ipswich. Choice of guest for both teams could be crucial.

I believe James Shanes is our guest reserve on Wednesday , along with Ryan Douglas again . Mason Campton and James Sarjeant at the dump on Friday .

But I agree , Liam Carr rode well last night in what was an entertaining enough meeting , only Scunthorpe's weakness at reserve stopped them pushing us closer as their top end were very good .

Aaron Summers looked a lot quicker last night and Richard was his usual reliable self at home , Richie was up and down , our guest got good practice in before Wednesday and young Jack had his most productive meeting for a while .

Kerr and Douglas were the main men for the Scorpions as expected , Palm Toft had an awful opening ride , but rode well enough after that . Allan was a bit erratic at times , but was the only visitor to lower Aaron's colours .

Decent enough crowd on a pleasant Autumn evening , good atmosphere , only downside was what Tyretrax alluded to . A 16% increase in the price of a pint is a bit naughty .

I believe James Shanes is our guest reserve on Wednesday

could be a lit bit of karma coming the way of the Witches then ☺

could be a lit bit of karma coming the way of the Witches then ☺

That's what I said last night haha

That's what I said last night haha

theres no doubt he was the difference between which team got the win in that A fixture at Foxhall

DB hasnt done too much for us this season despite his showings for BV.

He has put 2 points on his average riding with 8pt+ team leaders! What did you expect him to achieve?

Ryan Douglas having a few guest appearances for the Tigers, possible signing in 2018 depending on visa application?

• Like 1

He has put 2 points on his average riding with 8pt+ team leaders! What did you expect him to achieve?

His starting average was false as all those zeros in the first half of 2016 helped keep him below 4 once he started rattling up double figures home & away. 5.94 is a true reflection of what he is now and what he was just before injury last season.

There have been rare flashes of last years form and the odd good meeting on the road, such as Redcar but that is about it. Seems to have developed a routine of having a poor first ride and not wakening up until his third or fourth ride when we are under pressure. His BV form on the other hand is much more consistent.