Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Workington C1 10/9/17

Normal lack of information yet they blithely expect us all to turn up to watch whatever they see fit to give us.

Just over 24 hours to go and still no info on website I suppose no publicity is better than bad publicity is the philosophy from the management.

• Like 1

Very poor communication from Panthers management yet again and it's not the way to encourage people to attend , the p/a or lack of is a disgrace.

To be far it's not dictated by the management more the press officer when it's released.

His match previews rarely come out the day before the event more likely first thing on the day in question

Much as I support grasstrack, why are Peterborough allowed any sort of facility for Chris Harris's absence, be a guest or rider replacement?

Because it's an approved event Edited by bigcatdiary

Well if Harris ain't riding then I ain't gonna bother..I'm not paying to go and watch billy big time Holder when I can't stand him..doubt he can even remember where the Showground is.

• Like 1

To be far it's not dictated by the management more the press officer when it's released.

His match previews rarely come out the day before the event more likely first thing on the day in question

If I was promoting I'd be having a word with the press officer or finding a new one. It should be 24/36 hours minimum?

• Like 3

An abysmal performance by both of the Peterborough and Workington web sites for this weekend.

Not sure that this weekend can be singled out. Speedway websites generally are pretty poor at getting the news out there. Peterborough is one of the better ones (apart from the inability to give programmed teams out accurately in riding order) when it eventually gets the press release out there.

Edited by Crump99

If I was promoting I'd be having a word with the press officer or finding a new one. It should be 24/36 hours minimum?

Who is this mystery ineffective individual? - not listed in the Club Officials on the Website - strange!

If that's what you call fair , then i'm sure the management will understand when fans don't bother turning up for meetings because of poor publicity . Who are AP Media and what is there role other than being responsible for press releases when they can be bothered.

Not sure that this weekend can be singled out. Speedway websites generally are pretty poor at getting the news out there. Peterborough is one of the better ones (apart from the inability to give programmed teams out accurately in riding order) when it eventually gets the press release out there.

They don't list riders in riding order for a very good reason , they don't want people producing there own made programmes ,as they much prefer to sell you one at the overinflated price of £3

• Like 1

For what it's worth I completely agree, I have mentioned it unfortunately our press officer doesn't agree.

Who is this mystery ineffective individual? - not listed in the Club Officials on the Website - strange!

Mark Plummer

And as it's an ACU event it probably takes priority over Panthers' meeting. Hence the R/R facility.

I'm still slightly confused. An amateur event, for which Chris didn't qualify (he's been given a wildcard) takes priority over a professional event at Peterborough? Hang on, what am I saying???
  • Like 2

I'm still slightly confused. An amateur event, for which Chris didn't qualify (he's been given a wildcard) takes priority over a professional event at Peterborough? Hang on, what am I saying???

You couldn't make it up could you , more twists in speedway than in the bbc series the line of duty.

Ged has confirmed the team on FB with the following post

🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

Hi everyone.......a lot has happened over the last few weeks that has caused our attention to be side tracked from winning speedway meetings, however we have re-focused and are determined not to let outside factors distract us anymore.

We're still in contention for more silverware and we need to start to get our season back on track starting with tomorrow. We urge all supporters past and present to show their support in tomorrow's meeting starting at 5pm against the Workington Comets

The Panthers line up is R/R for Chris Harris, Ulrich Østergaard, Paul Starke, Jack Holder, Bradley Wilson-Dean, Tom Bacon and Simon Lambert

Please keep supporting us Ged

🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

If Holder graces us with his presence I hope Panthers fans will make their feelings clear in no uncertain terms.

• Like 1