British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Workington C1 10/9/17

They don't list riders in riding order for a very good reason , they don't want people producing there own made programmes ,as they much prefer to sell you one at the overinflated price of £3

I'm fully aware of the reason and the logic. If the numbers justify the action then so be it. Anyone who wants to produce their own can usually work it out fairly easily anyway, often with less writing than in the bought programme, with last Sunday being a prime example.

If Holder graces us with his presence I hope Panthers fans will make their feelings clear in no uncertain terms.

You'll be disappointed Rodders. I've copied one from Facebook for you "looking forward to a Panthers win and to watch Jack Holder again"

An abysmal performance by both of the Peterborough and Workington web sites for this weekend.

dont drag us into your rubbish ,. blast your own promotion .

we have an idea who our team are , wnere as you , dont .

keep your rubbish to yourselves and fire it back at your own promotion .

Edited by jenga

If Holder graces us with his presence I hope Panthers fans will make their feelings clear in no uncertain terms.

I'm sure a few wins and a top scoring performance which is more than likely v worky and he'll soon be forgiven

I'm sure a few wins and a top scoring performance which is more than likely v worky and he'll soon be forgiven

Not by me he won't

I thought he was suspended from promoting duties?

Probably is at the track but is a post on Facebook actual promoting? Technically it is but in terms of a suspension I doubt? Good question though!

Edited by Crump99

Now you are just showing how stupid you really are , Blackadder happens to be a Sheffield supporter.

• Like 1

www.peterboroughpanthers.co

A mouth-watering head-to-head clash of two of the biggest stars in the SGB Championship is in store today.

Number one Jack Holder returns to the 'T Balfe Construction' Panthers side as they entertain Workington at the East of England Arena (5pm).

And the Australian ace is set for a series of match-ups against the rider with the best average in the second tier of the sport - Comets main man Craig Cook.

The two headline attractions will meet in heat one and heat 13 with another tussle highly likely in the finale as well - and they are races that Peterborough owner Ged Rathbone is convinced with thrill the Alwalton faithful.

"It's great to have Jack back in the team," said Rathbone. "He's been an absolute star this season and a real treat to watch at the East of England Arena.

"We were confident he could progress while riding for Peterborough and that has definitely been the case.

"He has firmly established himself as one of the top men in the SGB Championship and I'm certainly looking forward to him doing battle with 'Cookie'.

"We know all about Craig's quality after his efforts for us last season - and he has gone on to enjoy plenty of success this year.

"He was a deserving winner of the British title and did superbly in the GP Challenge. He's got the best average of any rider in this league as well, but I know that Jack - and the rest of our boys for that matter - will be determined to beat him."

While one of Peterborough's top men in Holder return today, another is missing. Chris Harris competes in a major grasstrack meeting and the rider replacement facility will be in operation.

Harris actually rode against Workington last night when guesting for Newcastle in a 45-45 draw at Derwent Park.

New Zealand champion Bradley Wilson-Dean slots back into the Panthers fold after a spell out with wrist trouble, while the visitors have a doubt over Mason Campton after he withdrew for their deadlock against the Diamonds last night.

Rathbone added: "Ourselves and Workington are very similar in that our league campaigns have not panned out as we hoped.

"But we're determined to finish on a high and make sure we build momentum to have a real go at winning the KO Cup.

"The goal is to pick up more silverware after the fabulous day when we won the Fours and we showed we're getting back on track with the win against Glasgow last weekend.

"A lot has happened over the last few weeks which caused our attention be side-tracked from the job of winning speedway meetings, but we've re-focused and we won't allow any outside factors to distract us again."

TEAMS

PETERBOROUGH: Tom Bacon, Rider replacement for Chris Harris, Jack Holder, Simon Lambert, Ulrich Ostergaard, Paul Starke, Bradley Wilson-Dean.

WORKINGTON: Mason Campton, Craig Cook, Thomas Jorgensen, Jake Knight (guest), Ty Proctor, James Sarjeant, Matt Williamson.

dont drag us into your rubbish ,. blast your own promotion .we have an idea who our team are , wnere as you , dont .keep your rubbish to yourselves and fire it back at your own promotion .

So where is the Workington PR, is Campton hurt ? is he riding today ?

They haven't even provided the scorers from last nights match never mind a match report.

• Like 1

Yeah like that's gonna happen..you might get a couple of people wave their clipboards at him and boo under their breath. British speedway crowds are not known for their hostility..that's why I'm not going because I can't stand the thought of being looked at like a criminal when I boo him and give him a w##### sign!
  • Like 1

Yeah like that's gonna happen..you might get a couple of people wave their clipboards at him and boo under their breath. British speedway crowds are not known for their hostility..that's why I'm not going because I can't stand the thought of being looked at like a criminal when I boo him and give him a w##### sign!

He will get a boo and a hiss from me!!!!

• Like 1

Number one Jack Holder returns - "It's great to have Jack back in the team,"

- we should not need to welcome him back because he shouldn't have been away.

"A lot has happened over the last few weeks which caused our attention be side-tracked from the job of winning speedway meetings, but we've re-focused and we won't allow any outside factors to distract us again."

- Self inflicted outside factors and winning speedway meetings at home but not too fussed about the team that we send elsewhere in the meantime?

I was the same when some idiot let Crump go to 6 fingers area. I don't think that I went to a meeting where he rode for that lot. I probably did but doesn't stick in the memory.

• Like 3

I'm confident that I speak for the vast majority of Panthers fans on here with this response:

don't bring your rubbish onto every single Panthers thread.

Now you are just showing how stupid you really are , Blackadder happens to be a Sheffield supporter.

oh how embarrassing for the numpty!

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 2