British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield V Ipswich, Sheffield V Redcar

Teams announced earlier, but could be changes, i.e. possible doubts about Jason Garrity & Ben Barker.

SHEFFIELD: Josh Grajczonek, Todd Kurtz R/R, Lasse Bjerre, Stuart Robson, Kyle Howarth, Jan Graversen, Georgie Wood.

IPSWICH: Danny King, Justin Sedgmen R/R, Jonas B Andersen, Kyle Newman, Rory Schlein, Nathan Greaves, Connor Mountain.

REDCAR: Ben Barker, Ellis Perks, Jason Garrity, Jonas B Andersen, Charles Wright, Tobias Busch, Danny Ayres.

Edited by Blackadder

will be amazed if this goes ahead tomorrow.according to b.b.c weather for Sheffield area, rain from 3.00pm right through till 10.00pm and some between 4 and 5 is going to be particularly heavy

Sheffield fans after a speedway fix today might be interested in this:

ALL SYSTEMS GO AT EDDIE WRIGHT RACEWAY

SCUNTHORPE PROMOTER Rob Godfrey has assured supporters that it is still ‘All Systems Go’ for today’s meeting at the Eddie Wright Raceway between Henderson Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions and Edinburgh Monarchs (Sunday, 5.30pm).

Sheffield have postponed their double-header, but both the amount of rain already received, plus the forecast for today, is different for Scunthorpe.

Godfrey explains: “I pay for this additional forecast, which tends to be more accurate, and I believe we will fine for today’s meeting.

“There is a chance of rain, but we’ve prepared the track accordingly. We’ve packed it hard. And it’s only a chance. I’ve looked at my extra forecast and I just can’t see where the rain is on that one.

“I’m fully confident that we’ll see a meeting at the Eddie Wright Raceway today.

“I realise there are a lot of Sheffield fans who were after a speedway fix today, who now may wish to make the trip up the M18 to see some action at our track.”

Redcar 18th so no Howarth as wolves are riding

I understand 17th is the cut of for the play offs. Wonder if this will be allowed to count if Redcar are still in with a chance of catching Edinburgh.

I understand 17th is the cut of for the play offs. Wonder if this will be allowed to count if Redcar are still in with a chance of catching Edinburgh.

If the cut off is the 17th and the Redcar meeting is the 18th why would they allow it to count after the cut off.

An extension to the cut off might happen but there has been no indication that it will happen.

Therefore any meetings after the 17th will not count to league positions,were you finish on the 17th is what counts

• Like 1

The cut off date is the 17th & that's it. Plenty of time to have arranged meetings rather than leave it to the last minute.

It is on the BSPA site that a double header will be on the 14th(this Thursday) starting at 7.15. How much would this cost & how many heats will you run in the 2nd meeting if you have your normal interval(hope now not), re-lay/grade track before 2nd meeting & curfew.

The problem was being forced to call off home meetings with our fellow Thursday night tracks, obviously they're twice as difficult to rearrange as everyone else. Certainly with the original Ipswich meeting, it began to tip down Gothenburg 1977 style about 6.45pm and they kept "giving it 10 minutes" until 8.15, so it's not as if it was called off lightly.

Prices for Thursday are as they would have been today http://sheffieldspeedway.co/ticketoffice

Thought it was the 18th for the cut off date according to monarchs FB page it's 18th

If the cut off is the 17th and the Redcar meeting is the 18th why would they allow it to count after the cut off.

An extension to the cut off might happen but there has been no indication that it will happen.

Therefore any meetings after the 17th will not count to league positions,were you finish on the 17th is what counts

So where is the incentive for Redcar supporters to consider travelling to see their team ? The expense in transport, entry to the meeting, refreshments etc whilst being told their team, even if their team wins points (just imagine they needed a point to grab 4th spot, unlikely yes, but possible), that the team finishing 5th, qualifies above their team that finished 4th according to league points totals is absolutely pointless.

Just like a lot of things in speedway these days. Pointless, shambolic, and as usual, the fans are the last consideration.

So where is the incentive for Redcar supporters to consider travelling to see their team ? The expense in transport, entry to the meeting, refreshments etc whilst being told their team, even if their team wins points (just imagine they needed a point to grab 4th spot, unlikely yes, but possible), that the team finishing 5th, qualifies above their team that finished 4th according to league points totals is absolutely pointless.

Just like a lot of things in speedway these days. Pointless, shambolic, and as usual, the fans are the last consideration.

The cut off for play off places has been known since the start off the season if teams my own included don't complete there fixtures before this date then they know the risks they run simple as that I am afraid.

No point coming on here moaning about it now because it may affect a particular team, the date is the same for everyone some are just more pro-active in completing fixtures than others.

Looking at the fixtures teams have the following meeting left

Sheffield

points so far 77

Home Edinburgh

Home Ipswich

Home Redcar (18th September)

Away Berwick

Away Newcastle (to Be confirmed)

Maximum finishing points 94

Ipswich

points so far 73

Away Glasgow

Away Sheffield

Maximum finishing points 81

Edinburgh

points so far 64

Home Glasgow

Away Sheffield

Away Workington

Maximum finishing points 75

Glasgow

points so far 63

Home Ipswich

Home Redcar

Home Peterborough

Away Edinburgh

Away Workington ( 23rd September)

Maximum finishing points 80

Redcar

points so far 59

Away Glasgow

Away Newcastle

Away Sheffield ( 18th September)

Maximum finishing points 71

There is a lot of meetings between the top 5, if the cut point is the 17th September it would be good idea to at least extend the date by one date to give all teams a chance to complete meetings.

Edited by spin king