British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions V Edinburgh Monarchs ( S G B Championship) - Sunday, September 10th (5.30pm)

CRACKER SET FOR EDDIE WRIGHT RACEWAY

HENDERSON INSURANCE Scunthorpe Scorpions will be looking to avenge their biggest home defeat of the season when Edinburgh Monarchs visit the Eddie Wright Raceway tomorrow (Sunday, 5.30pm), in the penultimate SGB Championship home meeting of the season for Scorpions.

Top Australian prospect Jake Allen is finally set to make his home debut for the club. The 22-year-old suffered a wrist injury shortly after signing for Scorpions, following a couple of impressive away performances.

Meanwhile, Josh Auty is set to return from a shoulder injury.

Auty revealed on his twitter account: “Nothing broken thankfully! Just need to rest as my shoulder is still swollen. I'll be back racing Sunday.”

The tough-as-teak Yorkshireman sustained the injury at Wolverhampton on Monday.

Scunthorpe promoter Rob Godfrey says: “It’ll be a tough match, I’m sure of that, because Edinburgh won here by sixteen points in April.

“But we’ll be doing everything we can to avoid a repeat of that result and end up with the spoils this time around.

“Edinburgh have got far more to lose than we have, since they are currently battling Redcar for the final spot of the play-offs.

“I’m very interested to how see Jake Allen goes in his home debut for us.

“All-in-all, there’s plenty to suggest that this will be a fascinating meeting, with some fabulous racing.”

There are 21 heats of action in total on Sunday, including a six-heat second half Northern Junior League match between Halifax Dukes and Redcar Cubs.

Admission prices for Sunday:

Adult: £15.00

Student/OAP: £13.00

Child (10 – 17): £5.00

Child (0 – 9) Free (accompanied by paying adult)

Family Ticket £35 (2 adults, 2 Children 10-17)

Match Programme: £1.00

Expected teams for Sunday:

Henderson Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions: 1. Lewis Kerr, 2. Jake Allen, 3. Michael Palm Toft (captain), 4. Ryan Douglas, 5. Josh Auty, 6. Tero Aarnio, 7. Josh Bailey.

Edinburgh Monarchs: 1. Guest for Sam Masters, 2. Josh Pickering, 3. Ricky Wells, 4. Mark Riss, 5. Erik Riss, 6. Max Clegg, 7. Mitchell Davey.

Northern Junior League teams:

Halifax Dukes: 1. Dan Gilkes, 2. TBC, 3. Jordan Palin, 4. Sam McGurk.

Redcar Cubs: 1. Gavin Parr, 2. David Pye, 3. Alex Goldsborough, 4. Kyran Lydan.

Edited by lucifer sam

Hoping for an entertaining meeting as, like Rob says, Edinburgh have more to lose but they have just took the maximum 6 points from their 2 home meetings Friday, are at Berwick now before travelling south to us.

With Sheffield having a double header & scunny2012 saying we will be poorly supported as fans of Sheffield will be there(don't know why as for last 2 years it has been "gate & go" but if that's what rocks your boat, or because they are at the top, we might have missed an opportunity. It would have been a risk but as the school holidays have finished, could they have reduced the admission prices to get new & old fans in to showcase what the racing is like, although a win would be the icing on the cake.

Sam's hurt his collar bone injury again after a fall on Friday so is resting it.

Dunno about a guest but it might need to be Jason Doyle to get any match points!

ALL SYSTEMS GO AT EDDIE WRIGHT RACEWAY

SCUNTHORPE PROMOTER Rob Godfrey has assured supporters that it is still ‘All Systems Go’ for today’s meeting at the Eddie Wright Raceway between Henderson Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions and Edinburgh Monarchs (Sunday, 5.30pm).

Sheffield have postponed their double-header, but both the amount of rain already received, plus the forecast for today, is different for Scunthorpe.

Godfrey explains: “I pay for this additional forecast, which tends to be more accurate, and I believe we will fine for today’s meeting.

“There is a chance of rain, but we’ve prepared the track accordingly. We’ve packed it hard. And it’s only a chance. I’ve looked at my extra forecast and I just can’t see where the rain is on that one.

“I’m fully confident that we’ll see a meeting at the Eddie Wright Raceway today.

“I realise there are a lot of Sheffield fans who were after a speedway fix today, who now may wish to make the trip up the M18 to see some action at our track.”

Hope it's not Howarth again! :nono::wink::wink: I can not recall how many times he has ridden here for Sheffield or as a guest but his worst score was when he guested for us!!!!!!!! :sad::lol:

Hope it's not Howarth again! :nono::wink::wink: I can not recall how many times he has ridden here for Sheffield or as a guest but his worst score was when he guested for us!!!!!!!! :sad::lol:

came up against a rampant King and Schlein that day though 😊

who is the guest for sam masters?

might have come to this one with shelf being off but if its r/r then won't bother

Ritchie Worrall in for Sam today

Speedway Updates site are looking for a texter to text updates of this meeting tomorrow? If anyone can help, please send me a private message with your mobile number?

Thanks