British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Navigator1900

Sgp Germany, Landshut Could Be Be Better Than Teterow?

Nothing personal against Teterow, but I really think Landshut down in Bavaria could be more attractive than Teterow. Distance Airport Munich to Landshut only about 38 km, even less to the stadium. Lovely old town in Landhut, Munich not far away, stadium hat already SEC-Events ....

Your opinions .... ?

HPOneSolarArena1.jpg

Yes, Landshut is definitly better than Teterow.

There already was a German SGP at Landshut about twenty years ago ! The organizeres were a bit unlucky with that one, as it was the first SGP that ever got rained off, and they had to re-stage it on the following day on Sunday afternoon.

How can you fail to like such a happy track. :D

I went to Landshut in 89 for Briggo's Golden Greats meeting, and it was a darn sight more entertaining than the following days world final!

Nothing personal against Teterow, but I really think Landshut down in Bavaria could be more attractive than Teterow. Distance Airport Munich to Landshut only about 38 km, even less to the stadium. Lovely old town in Landhut, Munich not far away, stadium hat already SEC-Events ....

Your opinions .... ?

HPOneSolarArena1.jpg

Trouble with Landshut is the track is not in Landshut itself is in a small village in the middle of nowhere about. 4/5 miles away with no train service and little bus service which returns to Landshut after the last train has left for Munich( as I found out).Lovely town though.

What a beautiful looking facility.

HB

Your opinions .... ?

HPOneSolarArena1.jpg

Must admit I always want to go to Germany for the GP but Teterow is a country mile from anywhere if you're travelling Independently. Driving abroad is not part of my remit for a GP weekend but it seems for this GP driving or Travel Plus is the only option. Surely there must be a better option, can the speedway cub in Berlin not be upgraded with temporary seating for a GP. Feel many more fans from outside Germany would travel if the venue was more accessible.