British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Chris Harris And The 28 Day Ban

I've said it before that anybody who thinks the BSPA are a 'difficult' organisation should contact the ACU who can make the simplest task near impossible and whose motto must surely be 'Bloody minded stubbornness will always reign'

So why are you so hell bent on Chris Harris getting a28 day ban when you have nothing to say about Steve Boxall who failed to turn up guesting for Peterborough at Workington and Ben Barker who gave Peterborough very short notice at Glasgow he was unfit to ride yet got his arse down to Stoke practicing on the very same night admitting afterwards that he'd stitched Peterborough up to help Redcar's chances of getting into the play offs shouldn't those 2 be banned also then or is that o/k.

Because in both of them cases, they have broken no rules. Both been dicks but sadly there nothing in the rules about not being a dick or we'd see a lot of riders banned.

Just to say Richard Hall, and Luke Harris rode in the Masters ? I understand the ACU meeting takes precedence, were they not to appear at the Masters Grasstrack, they would be in trouble with the ACU, its the ACU who stated the riders had to ride in the Masters rather than in there respective speedway meetings, It then reverts to which speedway rule covers this eventuality. So maybe the thread should be about Chris Harris, Luke Harris, Richard Hall, facilities were allowed for all of them so no conspiracy, i realise the NDL rules allow a facility for a rider being unavailable for whatever reason, but we were told it was due to them riding in the Masters.

I assume Luke Harris and Richard Hall were meant to be riding NL? If so, they've done nothing wrong, the rules allow a facility for any reason in the NL. They're not at all relevant to this discussion, no rules were broken.

Again, speedway fans confusing rules with, "I'm not happy with and it should/shouldn't be allowed"

The mugs that make the rules are the ones who should be banned!

Or maybe they quite rightly don't agree that you should get a facility for riding around a field in an amateur event? Because you know, that makes perfect sense. If Chris Harris wants to pursue his Longtrack ambitions he should quit riding speedway if the two don't tie in.

I'd like to be able to do my job, be an alcoholic, play with cars and watch speedway every day. Sadly time means I can't do them all. Why does Chris Harris think he can be a speedway rider and a grasstrack/longtracker?

This isn`t a new problem with facilities for longtrack/grasstrack. Scunthorpe and Edinburgh were past masters for illegal facilities for longtrack. Something I wasn`t slow in pointing out.
Those with good memories will recall the David Howe facility for the longtrack team final- which was another ACU ruling.the
rule in the rule book is this- 16.5.1 d) is recalled by his own FMN in accordance with the FIM ISLB Regulations.- the international speedway league bureau is very much a dead duck nowadays, however I`m pretty sure this is the rule they have used.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

A lot of the greatest riders in the history of the sport have combined speedway with grass and long track. At the time speedway was a household sport, not a minority like it is now. Those guys were multi talented motorcyclists that could ride a variety of surfaces. Not like some of the modern day riders that can only ride dry, slick tracks devoid of any dirt.

• Like 1