British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ommer Mon

Cradley V Eastbourne Tpnl 11 Sept 2017

I think I'm on the verge of giving up on team speedway, whoever runs or doesn't next year I think il just pick my meetings up and down the country and have days out but not when there's a hint of rain about

Guest GiveusaB

I think I'm on the verge of giving up on team speedway, whoever runs or doesn't next year I think il just pick my meetings up and down the country and have days out but not when there's a hint of rain about

ABSOLUTELY !

DITTO!

Would like to try a Scottish venue at some point and a trip to Somerset could be nice with the right weather!

Edited by GiveusaB

I've done Somerset a fair few times and always seen cracking racing, M5 on a Friday's a nightmare though. Really enjoyed Glasgow seemed upbeat and loads of youngsters which was unusual for speedway. Went up and back the same day, no problem!

Had an overnight stay when we did Edinburgh then Workington. Still got Newcastle, Berwick and Redcar to do so that's my plan for next season

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

I've done Somerset a fair few times and always seen cracking racing, M5 on a Friday's a nightmare though. Really enjoyed Glasgow seemed upbeat and loads of youngsters which was unusual for speedway. Went up and back the same day, no problem!

Had an overnight stay when we did Edinburgh then Workington. Still got Newcastle, Berwick and Redcar to do so that's my plan for next season

Fair play to you.

I did a lot of travelling with my late father back in 74 (the old National League) Sunderland/Barrow/Teeside/Eastbourne/Wimbledon/Ellesmere Port/ Weymouth etc etc etc ...before some of the 'now' motorways were built :t:

Have to say this is a poor show from Cradley, They should have had reserve dates to complete their home fixtures within the cut-off date.

It suggests to me that the league organisers will need fresh assurances from the club to ensure that in 2018 - if they run - that the complete fixture list can be completed by the cut-off point.

Also, some review must be held over the make-up of the Cradley teams in some recent away fixtures (Mildenhall). How can this have happened?

The review should be open, transparent with the findings published. Is that too much to ask?

All the fans want to know is: how did it happen? what steps are being taken to ensure it doesn't happen again?

• Like 1

Have to say this is a poor show from Cradley, They should have had reserve dates to complete their home fixtures within the cut-off date.

It suggests to me that the league organisers will need fresh assurances from the club to ensure that in 2018 - if they run - that the complete fixture list can be completed by the cut-off point.

Also, some review must be held over the make-up of the Cradley teams in some recent away fixtures (Mildenhall). How can this have happened?

The review should be open, transparent with the findings published. Is that too much to ask?

All the fans want to know is: how did it happen? what steps are being taken to ensure it doesn't happen again?

Ahem, its nothing new for fixtures not to be completed by the cut off date, to my knowledge this is the first time its happened to Cradley since we have been back, thats not to say it shouldnt be happening, for more seasons than i care to remember theres been a rush to get fixtures completed in time, this season has been no different, i predict next season, and the season after, and the season after it will be the same, British speedway never seems to learn.. vacant dates in June, July when the weather is at its best, meetings held in the warmth of March and October when its lovely and warm not....

• Like 2

Yes that will be very productive. A team that already has a dark cloud of uncertainty hanging over it really does not need to be pressured into making assurances or told its no go just because the matches may have affected your club.

Ive no doubt that Cradley are hurting from the recent events and its certainly not something anyone is used to from a usually brash club.

Injuries can affect any side and Cradley has been hit badly this year plus made some questionable choices/signings but there is no way there has been any intent to track weak sides (Mildenhall is notoriously hard to get guests for) plus teams in higher divisions have tracked far weaker teams.

Whatever may have happened this season i for one just want to see Cradley back at the tapes again next year and hope whatever assistance is required to make that happen is made available.

no bother with somerset on fridays next year , mondays and thursdays or drop back down so the m5 shouldn't be too bad , Like you and give us a b ,I have no team and I have had enough , I wont travel about to watch speedway because unless I'm watching my own team I'm not interested , Ill just read about speedway sinking further into the mire pandering to a few top riders and Poland , and spend the dosh on takeaways to enjoy ,while I watch the GP's use league speedways bread and butter earners to run their profit making circus

Anyone get a feeling it's the end of the brummies and us

Is it better to die with dignity and honour than to live in disgrace?

Is it better to die with dignity and honour than to live in disgrace?

Well, Birmingham's previous demises have been anything but dignified. The broken promises of 83 and the sink without trace in 86. Shame. I hope something can be agreed for them to run next year, Cradley too, for the diehards' sake at least.

58-32 to cradley with easties lads all lowering averages in this completely meaningless match at a neutral venue

Just like they did at the end of season double header at Coventry a couple of years ago. It was so blatant, it was embarrassing to watch.

Just like they did at the end of season double header at Coventry a couple of years ago. It was so blatant, it was embarrassing to watch.

I particularly 'liked' the way a certain rider looked round very pointedly to make sure nobody was near him before artlessly dropping it on the third bend.