British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ommer Mon

Cradley V Eastbourne Tpnl 11 Sept 2017

Maybe they dont want the farce of Eastbourne winning and going top but not having choice if the play offs?

The "farce" as you call it has been approaching for years & is just a repeat of last season (although not for top spot). +

The fixtures need to be sorted properly with league matches taking precedence early in the year and then the filler meetings / KO cups / National Trophies etc being entered later in the season if there is still time.

Cradley for whatever reason had 2 home fixtures scheduled for May & 1 for the whole of June. Its pretty clear from that early they were going to struggle to fit matches in. Im not going to pick on Cradley because there are several other teams who are just as guilty but if a club can only run one day/night a week/fortnight surely league fixtures have to take overall priority and be insisted upon by the powers that be?

• Like 1

I know it's proberly going to be the right call tonight but because of all the goings on this year I've got to the point of everything being a farce now even if the weathers bad, I'm sure even if there was a delay due to a crash I'd be thinking the same. Totally wrong I know but I'd be happy to call it quits for this season

The "farce" as you call it has been approaching for years & is just a repeat of last season (although not for top spot). +

The fixtures need to be sorted properly with league matches taking precedence early in the year and then the filler meetings / KO cups / National Trophies etc being entered later in the season if there is still time.

Cradley for whatever reason had 2 home fixtures scheduled for May & 1 for the whole of June. Its pretty clear from that early they were going to struggle to fit matches in. Im not going to pick on Cradley because there are several other teams who are just as guilty but if a club can only run one day/night a week/fortnight surely league fixtures have to take overall priority and be insisted upon by the powers that be?

Totally agree: league matches first and then do the cup/trophy.

Birmingham I believe can only run on one day a week and they share there track with Cradley but yet they were the first Team to complete all there home fixtures, so it can be done

• Like 1

If it had been an Eastbourne home match that had not been run, I would have no complaint but they cant help away fixtures

I do agree that more effort should be made to get league fixtures run and I feel for Cradley not having a home track. And of course, I just hate playoffs. Eastbourne were the first team to top the league and lose the play offs and I have a horrible feeling of daja vu coming on! Hopefully (funny thing to say) we will lose at Cradley and I will stop moaning but more likely, the match wont be run.

We can moan as much as we like, but we cannot alter the weather. This season has seen an extraordinary number of rain-offs at all levels

and this has a big impact on our league because of the riders doubling up as well as making fixture completion more difficult.

• Like 1

We can moan as much as we like, but we cannot alter the weather. This season has seen an extraordinary number of rain-offs at all levels

and this has a big impact on our league because of the riders doubling up as well as making fixture completion more difficult.

The biggest impact besides the weather has been the Championship allowing 2 point average riders, this has meant mid average riders from the NL have doubled up, forcing the NL to use even more guests than before..

• Like 1