British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Kent V Plymouth Nl 11th September

With some clubs season already over Kent continue with a very important fixture [weather permitting] against Steve Boxall's Plymouth team. Surprisingly no thread this Monday morning.

It's a must win match for Kent with several away matches, one of which is still to be arranged. Always thought the NL and old PL were the best leagues to be in, with rider shortages it seems what ever league your team races in you just don't know who's not going to be riding.

On the way the Kent team have rode this year can only see a Kings win, but if the track is wet, it could be close.

Bowen's clashes with Boxall and Roynon should be worth the entrance fee alone for this.

• Like 1

Plymouth should be scoring between 30-40, hopefully nearer 40 which will make it a close match.

Bowen will own Boxall and Roynan tonight. Kent to win by more than a dozen.

Wrong on both counts.

• Like 2

What happened to Bowen ?????

I made one of my few visits to Kent last night. Track stood up well after a big downpour just before the 1st race. It was a bit of a lottery to start with

on the greasy track, but it soon came good. Bowen tried too hard and went through the fence in one race, packing up in another. If Boxall had been his

normal self instead of getting penalised by the ref' for his constant misbehaviour at the starts, Plymouth might have pulled off a surprise win. Very fast

run meeting which was good considering that there was rain about...no parade and no interval and I was on my way home by 8.15. Very impressed

with the 15 year old Rowe, steady as a rock and as fast as anyone.

• Like 1

I had the gods on my side this weekend. Big showers at eastbourne on saturday, same again at swingfield for the masters on sunday, and again at kent last night. It's nice when it goes for you in dodgy weather!