Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

Wolves are riding against Somerset in the KO Cup Semi Final 1st leg this Wednesday.

Thursday? Friday? Saturday?

It was suggested but Adams said no because he wants the first leg at home.

Adams should have no choice. Next Monday should be first leg at NSS.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Adams had the choice originally and decided to go away first!

Thursday could have been a possibility but GP this weekend.

How is that fair..first time I've been annoyed at BT sport's coverage..bit of a farce now.

Some context to this, on Friday Wolves are scheduled to be at Somerset for the 2nd leg of the Cup SF. Lindgren and Thorsell will be at GP practice. Schlein, Greaves, Masters and Riss will be at Edinburgh for the Play off SF.

Let's hope Kyle Howarth turns up!

A wasted 60 mile round trip based on favourable weather predictions on the forum...

Quite local then, consider yourself lucky ;)

• Like 1

And then you find bt can't be bothered to show it surely they could have found a slot

Thursday Championship PO's involving Masters,Riss,Howarth,Greaves,Schlein and Bewley.

Edited by tellboy

And then you find bt can't be bothered to show it surely they could have found a slot

Champions League next Wednesday, all their channels full with that

Champions League next Wednesday, all their channels full with that

BT sport are silly that they can't put the champions league on the red button on one channel. I'm sure it could go on BT Sport 1 with score updates on the red button. What ridiculous excuse!!

A wasted 60 mile round trip based on favourable weather predictions on the forum...

Lesson to learn, check yourself next time. :nono:

How is that fair..first time I've been annoyed at BT sport's coverage..bit of a farce now.

How is it BT's fault ? Its down to busy schedules at the end of the season.

Edited by marky

BT sport are silly that they can't put the champions league on the red button on one channel. I'm sure it could go on BT Sport 1 with score updates on the red button. What ridiculous excuse!!

Champions League versus Speedway, no contest in terms of where BT will be I'm afraid. It is a sickener though.

• Like 1

Anyone thinking that BT Sport would shift a Champions League match to the red button in order to accommodate speedway wants their bumps reading.

So, we have a situation where the logical, allocated and highly televisable reserved date can't be used because one of the teams has scheduled a cup tie that night when they've had all season and still over a month of season to stage it, even allowing for the final.

Then the restaging is switched to a night when BT Sport are showing blanket coverage of their biggest financial commitment they have, by a huge margin.

In a destructive and incompetent season that was lifted only by the sport being on best behaviour for BT (reasonably complete teams, no walk-outs) when it comes to the final hurdle it all falls apart.

I'd love to hear the conversation between Go Speed/BSPA and BT Sport over them shifting a CL match to make for speedway unnecessarily scheduled for one of their peak nights of the year.

I think I know the second word, "off".