British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

The BSPA could easily run a live stream on their website next week and charge a 5er. Would make plenty of money I imagine.

If they were living in the 21st century that is. Unfortunately, they're not.

Agreed. Think BSPA have improved their act this season but plenty of progress still to be made.

At the risk of upsetting Poole & Swindon fans, I'd argue that given dry weather the likelihood would be that the best racing at the four playoff semi final ties was likely to be at the evenly matched Aces/Wolves tie at the NSS.

Will be amazed if BT don't show this in full on delayed coverage at some point. And if I was at BSPA, I'd be exploring every online platform available to screen this match. But will they...??

Edited by mikec
  • Like 1

Agreed. Think BSPA have improved their act this season but plenty of progress still to be made.

At the risk of upsetting Poole & Swindon fans, I'd argue that given dry weather the likelihood would be that the best racing at the four playoff semi final ties was likely to be at the evenly matched Aces/Wolves tie at the NSS.

Will be amazed if BT don't show this in full on delayed coverage at some point. And if I was at BSPA, I'd be exploring every online platform available to screen this match. But will they...??

You would get plenty of viewers in the UK and probably some from abroad in places such as Sweden, Denmark and Poland too. If the BSPA keeps confining themselves to the l(dwindling) loyal base of fans in the UK who turn up every week in person at the tracks then they will struggle, there's plenty of money making opportunities online and abroad if they can get their act together.

• Like 1

You would get plenty of viewers in the UK and probably some from abroad in places such as Sweden, Denmark and Poland too. If the BSPA keeps confining themselves to the l(dwindling) loyal base of fans in the UK who turn up every week in person at the tracks then they will struggle, there's plenty of money making opportunities online and abroad if they can get their act together.

Completely agree. I'm sure the likes of Ghostwalker & DutchGrasstrack who post on here would agree too, be interesting to hear their thoughts. Seems crazy to me that there's a potentially quality speedway match next Weds night & barely 2000+ people will get to see it live! Edited by mikec

If wanted to host first leg why didn't you tonight then?

Would have been the same result , meeting abandoned

It was suggested but Adams said no because he wants the first leg at home.

Adams should have no choice. Next Monday should be first leg at NSS.

Adams had the choice originally and decided to go away first!

Source Mr Flange?

The BSPA could easily run a live stream on their website next week and charge a 5er. Would make plenty of money I imagine.

If they were living in the 21st century that is. Unfortunately, they're not.

If they could sort out a Pay Per View scheme ( if not for this then in the future ) there would be plenty of take up . It does not have to be full broadcast standard to be interesting and exciting - as with Premier Sport's coverage of the Swedish League this year. Come On Get Wth It BSPA!

• Like 1

There won't beanystreaming of the meeting as there is a tv deal in place. Contracts have been signed.

The M6 was in 'Road To Hell' mode again last night - nearly 3 hours from Wolves for a journey that used to be just over the hour in the 'Hyde Rd' Saturday night era. Aargh!!!!

It's not that difficult to work out why wolves wanted it on that date then is it? With a team of guests they won at Somerset and with only one rider missing they lost.

#winatallcosts

That meeting should 100% be rearranged, ridiculous!

Have until the end of October!

Edited by Trees

Surely with a sport so dependent on the weather, a plan B should have already been in place for any playoff postponement, rather than wait until the actual postponement and "see what we can come up with"?

• Like 4

If wanted to host first leg why didn't you tonight then?

Wednesday is our off night not Tuesday anymore.

Why should we go up against the Swedish Play offs?

Wolves gave away the first leg. You shouldn't be able to now change your mind after you decided to go home second.

It's all immaterial anyway.

Wolves already have next Monday as scheduled leg and restating date at NSS next Wednesday.

Kick the KO on the back burner and run the playoff meeting

Why?Penalise Somerset who have obviously got all their plans sorted for Wednesday.What about the Somerset fans who have probably took time off work and arrangements made for the trip to Wolverhampton.Are you a BSPA member who is forgetting about the fans in all of this.

Don't see why Somerset cannot be re-arranged and have the first leg Wednesday. It would be interesting to know why. Surely the play offs are more important.