British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

Suspected Lower T12 Back Break for Thorssell so probably won't be seen again this season. R/R makes BV big favourites, especially with a half fit Masters. We only have a realistic chance if Riss and Howarth have a really good meeting.

Not so sure about that making Belle Vue favourites for the tie, Lindgren and Schlein will no doubt take two R/R rides, they are more than capable of banging in 6 points from them, but lets see if Jacob does make it and manage to ride on the night. Still think thirteen points will be enough.

Edited by STEPHEN 333
  • Like 1

Not so sure about that making Belle Vue favourites for the tie, Lindgren and Schlein will no doubt take two R/R rides, they are more than capable of banging in 6 points from them, but lets see if Jacob does make it and manage to ride on the night. Still think thirteen points will be enough.

JT has broke his lower back so his season is over

RS not great around NSS, howarth no replacement for JT, masters off form.

For me we are favs now.

Get well soon JT

Have to agree Phil, can't see Wolves defending the title without without Thorsell. Belle Vue should pull this back fairly easily on the best racetrack in the country. Lindgren won't have enough backup.

I have Belle Vue as clear favourites for the title right now. Watching Swindon last night they failed to impress and struggled to put away the weakest Poole team in years. Doyle said on TV he is taking no risks. He let down his Polish team when it mattered and isn't going to risk a world title

For me, I believe Belle Vue will go all the way.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Looking ahead to the 2nd leg, once again the weather looks to potentially play a part. A band of rain moving in tomorrow evening, currently predicted to hit Manchester at appx 1900. Hopefully it's later rather than earlier!

Plenty of time for the forecast to change radically.... usually at least 4 different forecasts during the race day.

Forecasters are pretty crap really

Edited by Gunner85

For me we are favs now.

Get well soon JT

Dreadful news for Jacob. Virtually game over for Wolves now Wednesday and the final if we somehow hang on to 13 point lead.

Aces clear favourites sadly after heat 14 last night.

Dreadful news for Jacob. Virtually game over for Wolves now Wednesday and the final if we somehow hang on to 13 point lead.

Aces clear favourites sadly after heat 14 last night.

Ironically, Tungate was rubbish from a BV point of view but has basically won them the tie by (accidentally) taking out our 2nd best rider.

If Masters was fit then there would be a chance for us but I can't see him scoring many with how slow he looked last night. I'm half thinking that we should have R/R for him too, would mean we could at least bring in one Guest.

Belle Vue have a great chance but all the pressure will be on them. If Masters can buck up then Wolves still have a chance. Lindgren needs to max really. Regarding the Tungate/Thorsell crash, Tungate was a bit hairy in other rides but in this one he didn't have a lot of choice in my view as JT was locking up to exit the corner.

Belle Vue have a great chance but all the pressure will be on them. If Masters can buck up then Wolves still have a chance. Lindgren needs to max really. Regarding the Tungate/Thorsell crash, Tungate was a bit hairy in other rides but in this one he didn't have a lot of choice in my view as JT was locking up to exit the corner.

So we would be looking at.......

Lindgren needing 15 points from 6 rides (capable of getting a max but Cook & Bjerre go well round the NSS so not expecting him to)

Schlein needing 9 points from 6 rides

Masters needing 6 points from 5 rides

Howarth needing 5 points from 5 rides

And 5 points between the reserves

Would get us to the 40 point mark which is probably what we will need to win the tie overall. It's achievable but still looking tough with R/R, Masters will have to ride through the pain barrier big time which is a big ask. Not to mention that Schlein will need to infinitely better than the last time we went there as a team.

Weather looking the same as last week, dry day and then rain all evening again!

For me we are favs now.

Get well soon JT

Really sorry to hear that about Jacob - as he has been riding like a number 1 around Monmore and a solid scorer away as well. With him out and Sam Masters clearly struggling it will be a hard lead to hold on to but you never know. Wolves have been THE team to beat this year and it would be a shame if that was taken away due to injuries.

Wolves big underdogs now ..to get into the final Fast Fred is going to have to score big.From a swindon point of view I hope now wolves make it as I feel with the Wolves team now we could rack up a big home win .

I can see RR scoring appx the same as what Thorssell would round our place, he's been hit and miss in the past. Lindgren will be able to have 6 rides. Can't see how that, combined with Wolves having a 13 point lead, makes BV "big favourites". And with regards the weather forecast, a big band of rain is going to sweep in from the west. Currently set to hit us at 1900. Forecast not going to change massively, maybe by a couple of hours either way. Hopefully it's late...

Edited by Ace no.5

Best wishes to Jacob. Wolves stand no chance of defending their title now.

Hope BV pull it back in the 2nd leg otherwise the un-deserving Robins will win the final.