British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

Oh ok didnt know that rule then Wolves must be able to for Thorsell if they wanted to.

Thorsell is injured therefore R/R.. Fricke in FIM meeting so guest allowed

Oh ok didnt know that rule then Wolves must be able to for Thorsell if they wanted to.

Thorssell is injured so R/R only

Thought they would win anyway overall but it does weaken you, maybe only agreed it because of tv.

Thought doesn't win meetings riders do. Fricke missing severely weakens belle vue it's a huge swing in wolves favor.

• Like 1

No Thorsell is injured not in an FIM meeting so has to be R/R

Thats a crazy rule you can have a guest for another meeting but not for a injury!
  • Like 1

Er no? Thorrsell is not absent due to an FIM meeting so no guest allowed.

Fair???? Possibly not, but them's the rules.

• Like 1

18.10.1 If a rider is representing their FMN in an FIM Speedway Championship, irrespective of the
rider’s MA, a choice of Guest or Absent Rider Replacement facility (if permitted by Art 18.10)
is available.

Eh ? As Thorssell is missing through injury isn't that simply R/R ?

Thats a crazy rule you can have a guest for another meeting but not for a injury!

Yep it's to stop riders pulling out supposedly injured and a club getting in a guest to suit a track.

• Like 2

Will BT now show it?

Be interesting to see if they do.

Never thought I would say this but I'm pretty pissed off about the whole scenario.

Been supporting the Aces since 1954 (yes,really!) but now the sport is being ruined by all this petty squabbling about rules that you need a computer to understand (and then easily get it wrong).

Seven riders versus seven. Where did it all go wrong?

Yes I'll be there on Friday/Saturday/which day? to support the Aces..................but if I'm getting disillusioned about things how many fringe supporters are drifting away from the sport?

Something needs to change.

• Like 8

Which is why I will be doing a rain dance next monday in Swindon. We ended up top and should be able to choose home or away first.

You did have choice, if you can't host 2nd leg on a Wednesday nobody's fault but yours

You did have choice, if you can't host 2nd leg on a Wednesday nobody's fault but yours

No it is not, it is the owners of the stadium and whoever agreed a wed for one of the legs. What would they have done if neither club could race on a wed.

Edited by A ORLOV