British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

So Shuttleworth is now missing from the Colts' play-off semi final to be at number 8 and probably not needed for the Aces?

I assume any National League rider can now miss a meeting in that league to be included as a number 8 in a higher division :neutral:

A national league rider can miss any meeting for any reason - obviously apart from Jake Knight !!!

• Like 2

Wolves don't have a great record at the NSS so it depends how you look at it.

Aces are more than capable of pulling back 13 points. Bewley may have to take an RR however he is more than capable of getting double figures. A huge difference having a big scoring reserve and that's where the Aces will win AFAIC.

Bewley is capable of scoring double figures but from memory he's only done it once this season and that was in his last meeting, so certainly not a given. The difference between Fricke and Thorssell is that at the NSS Fricke is good for at least 11 or 12 on current form and r/r usually produced 7or8 whilst he was injured whereas Thorssell is good for 8 and r/r will probably match that. So a swing of about 8 points to Wolves plus the 13 point lead means an almost impossible task. Of course that's on paper and my heart says we can still do it but my head knows it's going to take an exceptional performance from everybody to do it.

Hopefully, with the weather now brightening up and the good forecast, lots of Wolves fans will be making the journey and we can witness a tremendous meeting with lots of atmosphere.

Riss is pretty decent rider though and I expect him to beat Smith at least a couple of times, it's a speedway meeting anything could happen, you only have to look at the Swindon meeting Monday, who would have thought Ellis score would be so low.

Play offs are a different animal and maybe some teams are better at raising their game so of course that has a relevance too.

Ellis could have easily scored more if he wasn't trying so hard.

Of course you have to ride the conditions as well as the occasion.

Both Swindon and Aces riders overrode throwing away silly points.

Bewley is capable of scoring double figures but from memory he's only done it once this season and that was in his last meeting, so certainly not a given. The difference between Fricke and Thorssell is that at the NSS Fricke is good for at least 11 or 12 on current form and r/r usually produced 7or8 whilst he was injured whereas Thorssell is good for 8 and r/r will probably match that. So a swing of about 8 points to Wolves plus the 13 point lead means an almost impossible task. Of course that's on paper and my heart says we can still do it but my head knows it's going to take an exceptional performance from everybody to do it.

Hopefully, with the weather now brightening up and the good forecast, lots of Wolves fans will be making the journey and we can witness a tremendous meeting with lots of atmosphere.

Think it's definitely opened up the tie I will certainly agree with that.

Hopefully the weather will be okay and the tie and racing will be every bit as good as it promises.

I love how people are quite adamant that one team or the other is favourite. Theres very little in it, I'd probably back Wolves right now but BV's top 4 can all go unbeaten - TBH Bewley has gone close a couple of times too (including vs Wolves). Honestly think this could go either way

Didn't Dan Bewley beat Freddie last time we were there?

Can't see that happening tonight, Lindgren should go through the meeting unbeaten unless Cook or Bjerre get their act together, even then i don't expect them to beat him more than once each. It will certainly be a shock if Freddie doesn't get 15 from 6 rides.

• Like 1

So Shuttleworth is now missing from the Colts' play-off semi final to be at number 8 and probably not needed for the Aces?

I assume any National League rider can now miss a meeting in that league to be included as a number 8 in a higher division :neutral:

An NL rider can miss a meeting if he fancies an evening in front of the telly, a session at the pub, has ballet lessons or is washing his hair.

Bet 365 has gone BV-10 at 5/6, so in their eyes Wolves are slight favourites.

Bet 365 has gone BV-10 at 5/6, so in their eyes Wolves are slight favourites.

That's correct and I backed Wolves at 100/30 to win the Final. I think this is really 50/50 or maybe 60/40 in favour of Belle Vue so I've backed BV at 5/1 to win the Final. I do fancy whoever wins this will beat Swindon. I would prefer BV as they have a full team next week.

You can now get 11/2 for BV with Skybet if you think they'll win it.

A no 8 ? That's unheard of these days. Well done the Aces.

Now that Smith is ok to race, Shuttleworth now moved to no 8. A no 8 can only be used for r/r rides so seems strange unless Smith is not fully fit & Bewley takes Smith's rides making sure Belle Vue have 2 riders for each heat.

Still not fair on the Colts though. It would be interesting to know where Shuttleworth prefers to be tonight!

Anyone know what time the turnstiles are open til on the south terrace, going to be a bit late I think

Have u already got your ticket. There is a ticket office over there but unsure when they close that. Probably at start time so you may have to go to front of stadium to get ticket first

Would rather meet BV in the final so hope they win tonight and win the sf.

Sod off :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

Have u already got your ticket. There is a ticket office over there but unsure when they close that. Probably at start time so you may have to go to front of stadium to get ticket first

Already got tickets phil