British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

No definitive news on Freddie's condition. He is expecting more information on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/kenneth_bjerre/status/914091321954045952

Here's the incident.

Still say it's a 50/50 call, For those saying Bjerre was ahead, impossible for Lindgren to get over him as he did if that was the case. There was room for Bjerre to have taken a tighter inside line, likewise Lindgren could have gone wider.

Shutting the door into corners is part and parcel of racing at the highest level, especially in GP's, if you are making a move up the inside you better make sure you've got a clean run as the referees do exclude the one on the inside the majority of the time. Not always correctly I might add.

Here's the incident.

Still say it's a 50/50 call, For those saying Bjerre was ahead, impossible for Lindgren to get over him as he did if that was the case. There was room for Bjerre to have taken a tighter inside line, likewise Lindgren could have gone wider.

Shutting the door into corners is part and parcel of racing at the highest level, especially in GP's, if you are making a move up the inside you better make sure you've got a clean run as the referees do exclude the one on the inside the majority of the time. Not always correctly I might add.

Yet another case where the rules are wrong. A racing indecent so the fairest way is to have both riders back in a re-run. A rule change is a cop out for a ref but there are so many incidents that it's almost impossible to say rider A or B was in the wrong.

Here's the incident.

Bjerre was ahead on the back straight but Lindgren got the drop in to the turn.
  • Like 1

Looked like Lindgren leant over Bjerre a fraction too early to me and caused the crash. Hope Lindgren is ok and fit for the final.

• Like 3

Lindgren was about to 360 it before bjerre hit him.

Bjerre was ahead entering bend 3 but lindgren was on fast outside and got drop on him but dropped it a little to much meaning he lost his back wheel.

As u can see luckily bjerre sees it and shuts off to avoid hitting Freddie at full speed

Here's the incident.

Looking at that, clearly a 50/50 racing incident. If pushed I would have excluded Lindgren for leaning into Bjerre. But clearly no dirty riding by either, no intent by either. Just sad Freddie is injured.

• Like 3

Its a good job the track is so safe, people are saying its the worst crash they have ever seen yet Lindgren, Bjerre & Cook all walked away. On another track the injuries would have been so much more severe as they avoided hard impact with fence as the track is so wide.

"'Possible"" broken vertebrae in his neck ..

• Like 1

Lindgren leaned into Bjerre as Lindgren was locking up. Bjerre did nothing wrong, he didnt change his line, they were side by side (Bjerre was in front just going into bend before they touched).

• Like 1

Bjerre was ahead on the back straight but Lindgren got the drop in to the turn.

Exactly.

Racing incident, call could have gone either way.

• Like 3

We all still see it differently I see Lindgren lean right over bjerre and then locks up a little giving Bjerre no choice but to clash with him.You can see bjerre react to this just before they clash.

Not being biased the meetings over just saying what I see.

• Like 1

Exactly.

Racing incident, call could have gone either way.

Yep. I'd say Lindgren should have gone but it's not clear cut.

Bewley could have been excluded in the first leg when he locked up and Greaves went into him.

And Tungate was possibly unlucky to be excluded in heat 14 first leg. Two 50/50 calls going wolves way, one going the Aces. Enough to swing the tie with only 1 point in it, but end of the day wolves scored the extra point and deserve to be in the final.

Hope Freddie ok.

IMO - 100% Lindgren. Looked like he leant over way too far and lost control of the bike - then the bikes contacted sending Freddie off accross the corner at which point Kenneth kinda laid it down. Cookie was lucky not to be collected too. 100% racing incident

Best wishes to Freddie for a full & speedy recovery

Edited by Gr8scot
  • Like 5