British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

To clarify, where I was stood on the back straight, there were a very small minority who 'cheered' at the crash, perhaps three or four as an argument broke out over it with a couple of Belle Vue 'fans' claiming he deserved it etc.

The overwhelming majority however did not cheer.

In terms of the boos, quite a few more, although again it seemed to be mostly on the back straight, the home straight appeared to be applauding.

The loudest cheer was for the withdrawal of Lindgren from the meeting which was somewhat classless, although I can understand that for some they weren't cheering that he may be injured but the increasing of Belle Vue's chances.

All in all it helped contribute to a cracking atmosphere.

The banter between Schlein and a certain section of Belle Vue fans was close to the line but again, many post they miss such things from the 'good old days'. The bottle/can throwing of course crossed the line and it's good to hear that they have been dealt with.

It's good to see the match and the incidents being discussed on here between 99% of fans without any animosity or arguments, with the exception of one of course who continues to bring shame upon the name of Belle Vue Aces.

Good post this. I agree the only bit the crossed the line was the can throwing. Booing does get on my nerves if I'm honest but that's just banter. The atmosphere was fantastic.

Bar the last sentence, for which you are entitled to your opinion, the rest is absolute nonsense.

Perhaps Freddie Lindgren is a rare breed these days, but he has a passion and a will to win for his team and is proud to do so. It is a very, very strange fan who finds something to criticise in that! Speedway in this country would be in a far better state if more riders had the attitude of Lindgren.

To be fair, Craig Cook is of a similar ilk in the Aces side.

Unfortunately injury are part speedway. I'm still of the opinion that the crash was due to lindgren losing control, but can never fault any riders for giving 100%.

• Like 1

Booing? So what?! A bit of banter/abuse? So what? Throwing things? Nope, not needed.

As for, "why did Freddie do it?" And "how silly he could have got a GP medal", actually, fair play for him treating a league race like it does matter, fair play for giving it his all. I think he's a menace on a bike but we need them riders to give stick to and dislike.

Booing? So what?! A bit of banter/abuse? So what? Throwing things? Nope, not needed.

As for, "why did Freddie do it?" And "how silly he could have got a GP medal", actually, fair play for him treating a league race like it does matter, fair play for giving it his all. I think he's a menace on a bike but we need them riders to give stick to and dislike.

Freddie is not a Nicki Pederson.He does ride hard but he's fair that what makes him world class.As for disliked.....who dislikes him...why dislike him because he's competitive....

GET WELL SOON FREDDIE

• Like 2

I don't dislike Freddie at all , in fact I'd love more riders like him in British Speedway

I think thats why Aces fans love Cookie , he gives 100% , and he actually cares about the team

Get well soon Fast Freddie

• Like 2

I don't dislike Freddie at all , in fact I'd love more riders like him in British Speedway

I think thats why Aces fans love Cookie , he gives 100% , and he actually cares about the team

Get well soon Fast Freddie

Always liked Freddie but he does have his hard side, not a Nicki Pedersen but sometimes a bit too aggressive.

• Like 1

Oh i am glad about you putting me on ignore, i don't have anyone on ignore and you are lying about me liking a homophobic post.

aren't you the lucky one!

I've just been on the wolves fans Facebook page to find out how lindgren is and its full off childish insults about Belle Vue, someone has even posted a picture of 'dummy boy Cook' (which berk said that?) in a toilet!

That particular page is a bit like the wonderful Amish society, they don't like 'outsiders' and definitely like to keep things strictly between themselves, lol!

Obviously the downside of that is everyone has very similar characteristics so when I thought brum had multiple fb accounts it was just his close relations.

and of course the Aces page was full of love and appreciation. LMFAO.

The usual bile from a few not very bright fans on there.

Good to see you admitted you lied again about my only fb account. However more lies about close relations as none post on speedway sites. The lies continue.

I dont know why you and Gavan dont take a sub for a year, the place would be a lot better for it.

and a million % better if you disappeared.

What a shame, a reasonable post spoilt by reference to the animosity towards Aces fans from stevebrum (the stuff he has posted on Facebook under his real name is sickening, you seem more subdued on there compared to last year for some reason?) and right on cue another normal wolves fan pops up repeating the same sort of spite already posted on Facebook.

Haven't you lot got a league cup final thread to post on now?

• Like 1

aren't you the lucky one!

and of course the Aces page was full of love and appreciation. LMFAO.

The usual bile from a few not very bright fans on there.

Good to see you admitted you lied again about my only fb account. However more lies about close relations as none post on speedway sites. The lies continue.

and a million % better if you disappeared.

He will still make up stories about a homophobic post he knows i didn't make even though he has me on ignore because he will wait until someone comments on a post i have made to keep the lie going.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

He will still make up stories about a homophobic post he knows i didn't make even though he has me on ignore because he will wait until someone comments on a post i have made to keep the lie going.

Lies and stories you know will continue.

• Like 1

OK to clear this up:

I'm the one Flange is accusing of making a hompohobic post and being a homophobe.

Did I have a post removed that made a suggestion of what Flange and another poster should do instead of polluting the forum? YES

Did I get a warning or a ban for that post? NO

Was that post homophobic? NO

Am I homophobe? NO. I've been accused of being a limp wristed liberal and a member of the PC brigade, but never of this, by anyone other than Flange. It's frankly a libellous statement, but I doubt anyone on here places any credence in anything Flange posts, and would assume that other forum members gave read enough of my posts to realsie this is just another one of his lies (see also repeated claims about steve Brum having multiple FB accounts).

I'm more than happy to be on Flanges "blocked list" as he is the only poster I have ever blocked on here.

I've got no idea why Flange is permitted to continue trolling, making libellous statements and constant personal attacks on Steve Brum and others. But would suggest everyone sticks him on ignore, refrain from quoting his posts and simply stop responding to his trolling. No idea why anyone would get their kicks in this way, it's very very sad. Not going to post any further on this,enough of this thread which should be about speedway is taken up with this rubbish.

• Like 7

Thanks for clearing it up, i am sure Flange will keep going with the accusations, he has me on ignore but i expect he is still reading my posts and of course if anyone reads them and quotes them he will be straight on it. I dont have anyone on ignore myself but that could change! I and others said we wouldnt reply to his posts because it clogs up threads but we all seem to get sucked in. I won't reply anymore on this subject.

Yes quite agree, a bit of banter and abuse is fine and respect for Freddie for giving everything for his team, there is a thought that some have posted that Doyle is a bit reserved in his riding for his team due to being World Champion elect but no one can blame him for that and I am sure he will going flat out for his team tonight. There are still one or two riders who are willing to put it on the line for his team and Harris is another one who always tries his hardest for whoever he is riding for.

Freddie rides hard and you either like that style or don't. Thankfully he isn't deliberate or dirty like Nicki P.

Gotta say the sick comments on the BV fans page on Facebook about Freddie deserving to be injured and it's hoped he is injured next season as well are beyond some of the most disgraceful comments I've yet to read on a speedway site. Sadly I'm not surprised.

I can't be bothered to read through it all again but if you read all of the comments you will see that comments on Facebook of that type were made by a very small number of "fans" and who were condemned for doing it by other Aces fans. I have also read the Wolves Facebook fans page and there are equally disgusting comments by Wolves fans on there. Every club has its share of idiots and it is this type of incident that tends to bring them out of the woodwork.

I like to watch Freddie because he does give 100% and I wouldn't put him in the same category as NP but his upturn in form was accompanied by him being much more aggressive and on occasion a danger to others. People have commented on it previously on the BSF and didn't Woffinden say much the same? Having said that there was nothing deliberate about his accident at the NSS, it was a racing accident or what Wolves fans tend to call over riding. :lol:

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 3

Stick to the topic.

• Like 4

Good press release from the Belle Vue promotion over the can throwing incident.

Even then there are a few Belle Vue fans somehow trying to 'justify' the incident/s, one saying that Schlein and Masters deliberately came around to that part of the crowd to goad them. I think they're feeling a little too self important. The Wolves riders came around as that is where the Wolves fans were mostly congregated, as in the final last year.

Good press release from the Belle Vue promotion over the can throwing incident.

Even then there are a few Belle Vue fans somehow trying to 'justify' the incident/s, one saying that Schlein and Masters deliberately came around to that part of the crowd to goad them. I think they're feeling a little too self important. The Wolves riders came around as that is where the Wolves fans were mostly congregated, as in the final last year.

Sadly there are the few who still feel a need to justify such gross behaviour.

The fb page confirms that there are some who are disgracefully behaved and happy to defend it.

They appear year in year out.

Thankfully this forum is witness to some very enlightened Aces fans, ignoring the obvious one we prefer to ignore.

• Like 2