British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

It all depends on Fricke and Bewley. If Bewley is fit and Fricke is back to his best at the NSS we can win at home by 10 or more and Bewley does well at Monmore, so we can keep it fairly close there.

If Bewley isn't fit then he is irreplaceable at the NSS but Newman might almost fit the bill at Monmore.

Personally I think this tie is too close to call either way with any degree of confidence. Quite simply it's going to be whomever holds their nerve and steps up on the night/s whilst some fortune, good or bad, could play a big part along the way.

It will hopefully be a great semi-final and I can't wait.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

It all depends on Fricke and Bewley. If Bewley is fit and Fricke is back to his best at the NSS we can win at home by 10 or more and Bewley does well at Monmore, so we can keep it fairly close there.

If Bewley isn't fit then he is irreplaceable at the NSS but Newman might almost fit the bill at Monmore.

Newman is much better at Monmore than Bewley so that would be a plus but I am sure if Bewley is fit for Monday they would want to use their own rider.

Absolutely agree.

Hopefully Woffy will allow the boys to use some of his Polish engines again.

Hopefully, Woffy will also call round and teach the Wolves riders his gating skills.lol

Having watched Bewley on his last visit to Monmore, when he was passing Wolves reserves for fun, I would prefer him to Newman but only if he is fit.

As we saw he thought he would be ok for the U21 final but couldn't complete one lap. Hopefully, he will have recovered completely and won't further aggravate it whenever he comes back.

Newman is much better at Monmore than Bewley so that would be a plus but I am sure if Bewley is fit for Monday they would want to use their own rider.

Bewley has been great at Monmore and scored paid 10 on his last visit. Equal to Newman who is superb at Monmore Green.

Hopefully, Woffy will also call round and teach the Wolves riders his gating skills.lol

Must be great to have a multi World champion to call upon. :wink:

• Like 2

Must be great to have a multi World champion to call upon. :wink:

I,m afraid all our multi champs are fully retired from Speedway.

At Gorzow I felt Woffy had turned the corner and would/could make a late stake at being the 2017 world champ, sadly he reminded me last Saturday why he wont.

PS this is not a dig as I truly hope that Woffy could make it a triple.

I,m afraid all our multi champs are fully retired from Speedway.

At Gorzow I felt Woffy had turned the corner and would/could make a late stake at being the 2017 world champ, sadly he reminded me last Saturday why he wont.

PS this is not a dig as I truly hope that Woffy could make it a triple.

A huge backward step last time out for Woffy who seemed on a roll.

He couldn't afford a poor GP next time out so I'm pretty much in agreement.

It will be interesting to see how Freddie and Jacob get on Saturday in the PLRC, could be a useful learning exercise for them and couldn't have been better timed

• Like 1

Despite last season, we still haven't got 1993 out of our systems ;):D

Used to love watching Bobby Ott, until that night grrrrrrrr :cry:

COYW

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 2

Despite last season, we still haven't got 1993 out of our systems ;):D

Used to love watching Bobby Ott, until that night grrrrrrrr :cry:

COYW

Oh Gawd ! You've done it now..........................................................................

• Like 1

Oh Gawd ! You've done it now..........................................................................

:rofl:;)

This could go either way really as each rider is hard to estimate their score. Will Bjerre be a number one, Will Fricke be back to his best as struggled so far, Will Cook be 333 or 111 and much the same for the Wolves team. Hopefully the first leg is somewhere between 8-10 points difference at the end and make it a close finish at Wolves.

Wolves have a great home record but Aces have a good away record too. 91-89 either way

Cook is 111 but his score will be closer to 333. :lol:

Interestingly, his away average is better than his home average. One of the reasons we do well away.

Max Fricke scored a decent 7points in Sweden tonight, he was definitely on the pace and didn't appear to be holding back, the track looked the sort that requires strength & stamina to ride but he rode hard in the 3 heats I saw him ride.

Keep it going Max, we definitely need you firing on all cylinders come Monday.

• Like 1