British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow V Ipswich Cl Wed 13th Sept 2017@7-30pm

Another re-arranged fixture to catch up on in this busy week of speedway up here . This could be a play off semi final dress rehearsal , so would be good to put a bit of doubt in the Witches camp . We're still a bit short handed injury wise , so bring in Ryan Douglas and it's our turn in the rota to use James Shanes .

Not sure the make up of the Ipswich line up , though Kyle Newman looked pretty good guesting for us on Saturday , so he could be troublesome and we know Danny King will score heavily , but the good thing is that there is one or two raindrops forecast to fall tomorrow , so Rory might stay in the pits .

With the rain coming down just now and 24 hours of the same forecast, I doubt we'll see any racing tomorrow.

With the rain coming down just now and 24 hours of the same forecast, I doubt we'll see any racing tomorrow.

Yeah even when speedway hating Storm Aileen and her 75 mph winds piss off towards Scandanavia , she doesn't take the rain with her . It's forecast to linger around like an unwelcome relative at Christmas for most of the day tomorrow .

Yeah even when speedway hating Storm Aileen and her 75 mph winds piss off towards Scandanavia , she doesn't take the rain with her . It's forecast to linger around like an unwelcome relative at Christmas for most of the day tomorrow .

We have run out of options regarding rain off dates. I think the cut off is the 19th. A double header this weekend would be asking a bit much with meetings both Sat & Sun already.

We have run out of options regarding rain off dates. I think the cut off is the 19th. A double header this weekend would be asking a bit much with meetings both Sat & Sun already.

We're down to go to Workington on the 23rd as well , which is after the cut off . The cut off date doesn't really affect much , Sheffield will top the league and will pick either us or Edinburgh , with Ipswich facing who Sheffield never picked . So if we have to run league fixtures after the cut off date , it doesn't really matter this season apart from the waste of time feeling those meetings have .

But back on to tomorrow , it's battering down now and isn't forecast to stop for about 24 hours , so all the covers in the world wont make a difference here .

We really need to get the meeting on and win. Redcar are only 4 points behind us. If they beat us on Saturday and Newcastle on Sunday by more than 6 points we won't be in the play offs!

Total shambles if the play-offs are decided by who manages to fit in enough fixtures.

• Like 3

Total shambles if the play-offs are decided by who manages to fit in enough fixtures.

Agree,but it's getting worse every year..Need for awarding fixtures is called for if clubs keep quabbling about rider availability.
  • Like 3

We really need to get the meeting on and win. Redcar are only 4 points behind us. If they beat us on Saturday and Newcastle on Sunday by more than 6 points we won't be in the play offs!

Hope we can , Rory's bound to have a petted lip about the conditions and that could hamper them .

Agree,but it's getting worse every year..Need for awarding fixtures is called for if clubs keep quabbling about rider availability.

We had the ridiculous situation a few years back when Birmingham missed out on the play offs by not being able to race enough fixtures by the cut off date , and ultimately finished second in the league once they had .

Hope we can , Rory's bound to have a petted lip about the conditions and that could hamper them .

Paulco, I admire your restraint in calling Schlein 'Rory' instead of 'The Poo Boy' so far on this thread. :D

Unfortunately, the weather looks dreadful for Glasgow for the whole day.

All the best

Rob

Another re-arranged fixture to catch up on in this busy week of speedway up here . This could be a play off semi final dress rehearsal , so would be good to put a bit of doubt in the Witches camp . We're still a bit short handed injury wise , so bring in Ryan Douglas and it's our turn in the rota to use James Shanes .

Not sure the make up of the Ipswich line up , though Kyle Newman looked pretty good guesting for us on Saturday , so he could be troublesome and we know Danny King will score heavily , but the good thing is that there is one or two raindrops forecast to fall tomorrow , so Rory might stay in the pits .

It will be interesting to see what SHANES is like other than at Peterborough.

No real need for awarding fixtures, just make them ride in the first place. Surely the promoters must see the problems we do, but we know the solution, but they do nothing about it. The K.O. cup is the one that always gets me, bloody obvious the teams in the play offs are likely to be the same as the ones in the latter stages of the cup, but still we wait and wait for the cup to be sorted every year.

Weather not as bad as forecast , so fingers crossed we can get this meeting on , would hate to lose out in play offs due to not completing enough meetings . TBH I dont agree with play offs anyway but we have them, whoever finishes top is champions in my eyes and this year Sheffield deserve to be crowned champions