British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

General Running Costs ..

I have just been wondering what the running costs are at various levels of British Speedway would the main cost difference be the money for points per rider with average costs been

NL 20 P/P - £1000 - 77 paying adults (£13)

CL 50 P/P - £2500 - 167 paying adults (£15)

PL 90 P/P - £4500 - 267 Paying adults (£17)

What are the rough costs to rent the stadium ? £3000?

Ambulance costs? £500 ?

could anyone give my accurate costs?

I think your arithmetic could be better....In any match there are approximately 100 points to be paid for, so, even if your guess at

£20pp in NL is correct ( and it might be way off), that doubles your estimate. If the admission is £13 then normally £2.60 of that goes to

the Government as VAT, so the nett is £10.40....at most tracks now kids are free and many allow concessions ( though not all). Drives a

coach and horses through your estimates. What about stadium staff ? what about track materials and prep'costs ? Advertising ? BSPA

fees ? Travel expenses for all riders plus officials, team manager etc home and away....Electricity and water bills....maintenance of stadium,

track and tractors etc. I learned about all these things many years ago when I was friendly with Dave Lanning when he was running West Ham.

I was astonished at the time, as I remember, about how these things add up. To add further to "Red and Yellow's" estimates, Although I am

not privy to the current points money being paid in the Championship or Premiership, I would be amazed if it was anywhere near as low as

being suggested. I'm pretty sure that when AJ rode for Lakeside he earned several thousand pounds per meeting on his own. That may be a guess,

but I'll bet I'm not far out. Everyone knows that the Polish clubs pay massive sums to riders, and British speedway has to compete with that. Of

course it is impossible to compete which is why we are losing so many top performers. I would have thought that fans who are keen enough to write

on this forum would be aware of such basic knowledge...obviously I'm wrong.

Also insurance, BSPA admin fees and referees fees for each meeting. Annual employers liability insurance, SCB licence fees for officials and the track, Remember that riders have to be paid for home and away matches. Printing costs for programmes. Staff costs ie track curator, team manager etc. The list goes on and as East End fan said it soon adds up.

• Like 2

I have just been wondering what the running costs are at various levels of British Speedway would the main cost difference be the money for points per rider with average costs been

NL 20 P/P - £1000 - 77 paying adults (£13)

CL 50 P/P - £2500 - 167 paying adults (£15)

PL 90 P/P - £4500 - 267 Paying adults (£17)

What are the rough costs to rent the stadium ? £3000?

Ambulance costs? £500 ?

The big difference between clubs comes in stadium rental. Some clubs like Newcastle have to rent the stadium and get none of the bar or catering facilities. Others like Glasgow own the stadium and get all of the bar and catering profits

Van rentals and you haven't put fuel on there for travel costa and I'm sure riders dont ride for 20&20 what about tyres? Nathaniel oil? I can't see riders paying for that

And there's no way a premiership rider is on £90 a point the heat leaders must be on £140 second strings £120 and reserves £100

Guest GiveusaB

You've all just put 'Red and yellow' off from taking over the reigns at Brum ! :lol:

Thought of putting my savings in to save us and brum but doesn't look like I've got enough. It is a big piggy bank though

I have just been wondering what the running costs are at various levels of British Speedway

Looks like a no mate.

I'd have been interested in an answer.

• Like 1

Also insurance, BSPA admin fees and referees fees for each meeting. Annual employers liability insurance, SCB licence fees for officials and the track, Remember that riders have to be paid for home and away matches. Printing costs for programmes. Staff costs ie track curator, team manager etc. The list goes on and as East End fan said it soon adds up.

Not to mention accountants to file the annual report and accounts to HMRC, and lawyers to fend off those pesky noise complaints from recently moved in neighbours...

Not to mention accountants to file the annual report and accounts to HMRC

You're right. With our history, it's best not to mention accountants.

• Like 2

When we think about the costs and risks involved, the promoters who get involved are to be admired. Yet they are the most criticised

bunch of people in the game. In the eyes of most fans they can do no right. In the past I have been friends with one or two of them

which is probably why I rarely criticise and on the whole tend to support what they do.

• Like 4

When we think about the costs and risks involved, the promoters who get involved are to be admired. Yet they are the most criticised

bunch of people in the game. In the eyes of most fans they can do no right.

Some promoters are actually very good (outstanding in a couple of cases), but you've always got those who let the side down.

If you'd had some of the dregs 'promoting' at your club, such as we have, I don't think your attitude towards them would be particularly benevolent. Does Patchett understand why he is still persona non grata at Perry Barr?

"Dregs" is a bit of an over the top description. I presume you are referring to people at Leicester. Well at least someone there had

the courage and audacity to build a new stadium, almost unheard of these days...and no Public money like Belle Vue. I'd find it hard

to criticise that. Of course, although you call yourself Leicester Hunter, you may NOT be a Leicester fan...Hunter name goes back many

many years to the old Blackbird Rd. Even their last years were as the Lions. Don't know much about Patchett. He doesn't appear on my

radar too often, if at all. He's Cradley isn't he ? They've had their share of success, so what's wrong with the promoter ?