British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

I there is racing and racing I assume with your statement you have not been a speedway rider why do you think the crowds are down if you want good racing go to Peterborough most meetings anyway at least the track gets a good grading

I've been on a bike but never raced... But.. as much as I take you're point about the quality of racing.. crowds are down because supporters are increasingly peed off with rider power and meetings that only run to ten heats etc... I've been to Peterborough many times, decent racing but not a patch on Scunny IMO.

• Like 3

Guest Scunny2012

As Scunny seem to be disappearing off this forum I have chosen a team for next season if Scunny run, this team ain't gonna happen due probably to costs and availability and it won't please everyone

1 Thomas Jorgensen

2 Stefan Nielsen

3 Dimitri Berge

4 Josh Auty / Andreas Lyager

5 Jake Allen

6 Tero Aarnio

7 Kyle Bickley

As Scunny seem to be disappearing off this forum I have chosen a team for next season if Scunny run, this team ain't gonna happen due probably to costs and availability and it won't please everyone

1 Thomas Jorgensen

2 Stefan Nielsen

3 Dimitri Berge

4 Josh Auty / Andreas Lyager

5 Jake Allen

6 Tero Aarnio

7 Kyle Bickley

If we do run we'll go for riders who can ride the EWR. Jorgensen; Allen; Neilsen would be a good base. You have to think Auty will be back not least because it's his testimonial season. Although personally that should not detract us from wholesale change. Lyager would be a good call as he has shown on numerous occasions he is on pace in the European U21 meetings and maybe one of the next breakthrough Danes ?. Aarnio no because he didn't seem happy with the Scunny track from what I heard last season. Bickley no chance hes off to Workington.Berge ? not sure he's on a near 7pt average and he bombed at Berwick last season very early on. I would go for Davide Bellego from Swindon in preference. All depends on points limit ? Will there even be one of sorts ?. Jack Parkinson Blackburn might be worth a punt at the bottom end on a 2+ average if we are scratching around. Should know more by the end of the month but one things for sure Speedway has got to start and get its act in orde If not its hard to see how Scunthorpe can sustain against the falling interest and attendances and the shutters could very likely come down for next season at least. Hope not.

I like the look of TJ, Neilsen and my favourite Auty, Then I'd like to see a rider like Magnus , who could come out and win practically all his races. I would like to think we'd keep young Josh. He's certainly improving! As to crowds. Unfortunately a lot of supporters were around in the days of Quibel Park. A lot of those are sadly no longer with us. As I was part of that crowd I miss loads of faces. We have to find a way of attracting the younger fans. A bus laid on to and from the stadium, only a suggestion. Could we not have a couple of races each week of the younger riders, that may appeal to some. not sure! A more expensive thought is a seated stand, under cover, unfortunately we always have a wind and it can be very cold , Actually I'm sat patiently waiting for Rob to throw out his usual cryptic clues regarding riders. Keeps it interesting at this part of the season. lol.

I like the look of TJ, Neilsen and my favourite Auty, Then I'd like to see a rider like Magnus , who could come out and win practically all his races. I would like to think we'd keep young Josh. He's certainly improving! As to crowds. Unfortunately a lot of supporters were around in the days of Quibel Park. A lot of those are sadly no longer with us. As I was part of that crowd I miss loads of faces. We have to find a way of attracting the younger fans. A bus laid on to and from the stadium, only a suggestion. Could we not have a couple of races each week of the younger riders, that may appeal to some. not sure! A more expensive thought is a seated stand, under cover, unfortunately we always have a wind and it can be very cold , Actually I'm sat patiently waiting for Rob to throw out his usual cryptic clues regarding riders. Keeps it interesting at this part of the season. lol.

It seem unless speedway increases the level of nakedness,the availability of illegal substances and the chance of getting the leg over on a Friday night you wont appeal to the younger ones

saying that it may attract the old ones to! :wink:

Edited by montie
  • Like 5

It seem unless speedway increases the level of nakedness,the availability of illegal substances and the chance of getting the leg over on a Friday night you wont appeal to the younger ones

say that it may attract the old ones to! :wink:

That sounds like a night out in the House of Commons bar !

• Like 1

Heard a rumor (whether its true is still to be seen and announced) but apparently Steve Worrall is moving to a Championship track 'closer to home' and this should allow him to fulfill his Polish commitments, and with Rob announcing in the SS that he'd be running Fridays next year (if we are to run) could this mark out a return for stevie? Trying to think of a team, could we maybe have something like this:

Steve Worrall, Jake Allen, Josh Auty, Dimitri Berge, No 5?, Josh Bates, Josh Bailey (or JPB?)

• Like 1

Heard a rumor (whether its true is still to be seen and announced) but apparently Steve Worrall is moving to a Championship track 'closer to home' and this should allow him to fulfill his Polish commitments, and with Rob announcing in the SS that he'd be running Fridays next year (if we are to run) could this mark out a return for stevie? Trying to think of a team, could we maybe have something like this:

Steve Worrall, Jake Allen, Josh Auty, Dimitri Berge, No 5?, Josh Bates, Josh Bailey (or JPB?)

I'd rather have TJ than Bates though Dan

Stevie W. J Auty.J Allen,D Berge.S Neilsen,JPB comes to 36.49 i think, one rider left but depends on points limit, will it be same 42.5 or 45/

Stevie W. J Auty.J Allen,D Berge.S Neilsen,JPB comes to 36.49 i think, one rider left but depends on points limit, will it be same 42.5 or 45/

I'll not be 45.

I think Josh Auty will be back, and I hope Jake Allen will too.

Who is the 3rd rider allegedly signed Jorgensen/Berge/Nielsen ?

I'd like to see a No1 rider either Worrall would be good.

Let's take a punt on a number 7 a bit like Newcastle did with Richie Worrall a few years ago Jenkins/Brennan or the like.

My guess assuming 42.00 limit (based on latest published averages)

S. Worrall 9.02

T. Jorgensen 7.10

J. Auty. 6.95

J.Allen 6.08

S. Nielsen. 5.53

J. Jenkins 2.00

5.32 left

An untried Dane/Swede not sure what average they come in on?

T. Pijper. 4.23. Gives a strong number 6 which Rob likes and takes the pressure off an untried No 7.