Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

The whole Ged situation stinks, how come someone from a senior position makes a mistake and gets away with it? Still awaiting the punishment for Rob, I sense that will be brushed under the carpet

Where is it proved that anyone from a senior position made a mistake,as far i recall the statement read there was no such evidence?

and may i ask if there is any reason you deleted your orginal post describing some one as corrupt?

Edited by montie

Not if the conversation can be confirmed in any way ( by a recording or a witness for example ) and If it is clear that Godfrey was speaking in his exalted Official Capacity. Fact and fantasy then all get mixed up. I suspect that IF there is case to be proven Godfrey will be punished by the SCB. And quite correctly too.

Everyone knows I'm not Godfrey's biggest fan but i'd like to congratulate him on building a very decent playoff challenging side this year. I wish them all the best for the new season, Hopefully it'll bring the crowds back.

It's a shame Young Jenkins is only doing NL this year as he would of been an ideal candidate for the Number 7 role. Can't think of many others that would fit the number 7 role perhaps Jack Thomas from Kent then there's Tom Brennan although he lives a long way from Scunthorpe, Also David Wallinger (Not as strong as Thomas or Brennan) as I know Scunthorpe used him a few time last years or Taylor Hampshire with the top 6 Scunny have built at least they'll be no pressure on whoever does take then number 7 Jacket

Hopefully for Scunthorpe a hidden Gem can pop up during the winter months at the EWR.

Edited by Fozzie4388
  • Like 1

Now it depends on what riders turn up for the winter series. Some riders will already have been snapped up by the time a decision will be made. Riders that were there last year includes JPB, Kinsley, Hampshire to name a few.

Well it will be difficult to top the Scorpion 6 in the other line ups.

Choose a good no 7 and play offs are virtually certain if they keep injury free

By choosing a number 7 this way they may not get the strongest as hell be snapped up. But theyll definitely get one willing to ride for the Scorpions and he will have plenty of EWR laps to hit the ground running.

Its ok getting the laps in but will it be with dirt on the track or will they have to wait for the first match of the season to get used to the track properly

• Like 1

By choosing a number 7 this way they may not get the strongest as hell be snapped up. But theyll definitely get one willing to ride for the Scorpions and he will have plenty of EWR laps to hit the ground running.

Edinburgh done the same thing when they signed bewley and look how good he got, it can work at times Edited by BenR195

A master stroke be Godfrey would be to get JPB, now that would wind up Rathborne, as every Posh supporter I speak to say he’s a cert at Peterborough

• Like 1

A master stroke be Godfrey would be to get JPB, now that would wind up Rathborne, as every Posh supporter I speak to say he’s a cert at Peterborough

Posh supporters know nothing about football ,so i'm pretty sure they wouldn't know anything about speedway.

• Like 2

A master stroke be Godfrey would be to get JPB, now that would wind up Rathborne, as every Posh supporter I speak to say hes a cert at Peterborough

I suggest you speak to supporters much further north!

• Like 1

Its ok getting the laps in but will it be with dirt on the track or will they have to wait for the first match of the season to get used to the track properly

Exactly. I have raised this point many times over the years that a training track is a blue groove, devoid of any shale. Similar on P & P day, the riders go out on a smooth track for photo opportunities.

What they need, as a team, is 2 consecutive days of riding & team bonding.

Young Mason Searsby could be worth a go on a 2.00, could finish your team off nicely that.

Or Saul Bulley in at no.7