British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

I wish posters would stop mentioning Jenkins as they are posting on multiple threads that he is doing NL ONLY to concentrate on his exams.

On another thread, it has been stated that you need 2 decent reserves to cover meeting injuries or r/r. Having a no 7 that can't mix it in the 1st bend & is off the pace, is no use. He needs to pick up a couple of points, more so, at home.

• Like 2

It's going to be a long winter...........

How many random names can be suggested before the official one.

Doug Rankin

David Roberts

Alan Grainger

There are a few riders who could fill the role but it would definitely be a steep learning curve for them and as pointed out would leave us vunerable with injuries.

Rob Shuttleworth

Ryan Burton (nearly back from injury)

Both of these have guested/ridden a lot around the EWR

Luke harris

Loe lawlor

Tom Brennan

These 3 have not had the Championship experience but again have ridden lots around the EWR and should at least progress well at home

Does anyone know if Marc Owen is fit again and intends to ride or has he called it quits???

My favourite pick would be Jack Thomas who has ridden a few times around here but travelling might be too much as i believe he is local to the kent area.

One wild card i would through out there as well though is Tom Young! he was on the verge of the scorpions a few years ago but then stopped racing, however he is looking to get back and has had a couple of outings but would depend if he could get the gear together and commit the time.

Decent looking side... not before time!! Just need someone to roll out the old chestnut of Auty will be a 9 pointer now though😂

• Like 3

There are a few riders who could fill the role but it would definitely be a steep learning curve for them and as pointed out would leave us vunerable with injuries.

Rob Shuttleworth

Ryan Burton (nearly back from injury)

Both of these have guested/ridden a lot around the EWR

Luke harris

Loe lawlor

Tom Brennan

These 3 have not had the Championship experience but again have ridden lots around the EWR and should at least progress well at home

Does anyone know if Marc Owen is fit again and intends to ride or has he called it quits???

My favourite pick would be Jack Thomas who has ridden a few times around here but travelling might be too much as i believe he is local to the kent area.

One wild card i would through out there as well though is Tom Young! he was on the verge of the scorpions a few years ago but then stopped racing, however he is looking to get back and has had a couple of outings but would depend if he could get the gear together and commit the time.

Can confirm you won't ever see Marc racing again unfortunately.

Tom Brennan and Jack Thomas are two i would be looking at be nice if those lads could come in with no pressure and learn off of the experienced riders both have bright futures.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Tom Brennan and Jack Thomas are two i would be looking at be nice if those lads could come in with no pressure and learn off of the experienced riders both have bright futures.

Yeah i think there your best options jack has a years more experience so may favour him slightly. Shuttleworth has improved alot also.

That is assuming Knight and baesby are not on a 2.00 average.

Theres a fair few riders I'd quite like to see don the Scorpions no. 7 jacket - most likely one being Ryan Kinsley (who around the EWR is better than Kyle Bickley IMO)

Ryan Kinsley

Ryan MacDonald

Jordan Jenkins (I know hes only doing NL but if we need a new No 7 due to injury, maybe an option?)

Tom Young

Henry Atkins

Tom Brennan

Drew Kemp (if eligible)

Dan Gilkes (if eligible)

Jack Thomas

the list goes on.... although I'd be happy with Josh Bailey back, in a make or break season.

• Like 1