British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

44 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Think SCB is correct, sure the Worrals came from Moto-X

there’s also been Craig Cook, Kyle Howarth, the Worrall twins, Lewis Kerr, Ashley Birks and Lewis Rose

4 hours ago, Lewis said:

Think SCB is correct, sure the Worrals came from Moto-X

The Worrals were Moto X riders and then tried speedway at Scunny.

Not too soon is it to wish all fellow Scorpions; the Management; and Riders across the world a Merry Christmas & A Happy & Prosperous 2018 !

Santa already delivered the presents early ! . Boy have we got a lot to look forward to in 2018; literally as excited about it as I was as kid on Christmas Eve !

Have a good one all !

Wont be long now; less than 100 sleeps ?

less than 100 sleeps eh , is that includung power knaps during the day @ work ?

21 hours ago, Tsunami said:

The Worrals were Moto X riders and then tried speedway at Scunny.

it is interesting how the flow of Moto X riders seems to have come to a stop,the name mentioned previously all came through quite quickly

i really thought Moto X would then continue to produce us some rider but now seems not the case

The other thing I've noticed with riders that come from motorcross is they can usual gate well! I guess leaving the start with 30 other focuses the mind a little more to get out in front and avoid a melee than it does leaving the start with only 3 others!

1 hour ago, SCB said:

The other thing I've noticed with riders that come from motorcross is they can usual gate well! I guess leaving the start with 30 other focuses the mind a little more to get out in front and avoid a melee than it does leaving the start with only 3 others!

A good example of that is Matt Williamson, as well as Lewis Kerr and the Worrals.

1 hour ago, montie said:

it is interesting how the flow of Moto X riders seems to have come to a stop,the name mentioned previously all came through quite quickly

i really thought Moto X would then continue to produce us some rider but now seems not the case

Could be wrong but did they not all come through when foot and mouth disease was going on.

Think it stopped them from being in the fields on their bikes so they tried speedway instead?

Think Berwick were on about getting some of the motocross riders to have a go on their new training track also.

1 hour ago, sparks123 said:

Could be wrong but did they not all come through when foot and mouth disease was going on.

Think it stopped them from being in the fields on their bikes so they tried speedway instead?

Think Berwick were on about getting some of the motocross riders to have a go on their new training track also.

Foot and mouth was 16 years ago! Yes I believe it made Lee Complin take up speedway but not any of those mentioned in this thread. I would imagine the lure was that they paid £50 each weekend to race a motocross bike or got paid £20 a point in the NL to ride a bike!

24 minutes ago, SCB said:

Foot and mouth was 16 years ago! Yes I believe it made Lee Complin take up speedway but not any of those mentioned in this thread. I would imagine the lure was that they paid £50 each weekend to race a motocross bike or got paid £20 a point in the NL to ride a bike!

Yes,the ones i spoke to said exactly that,they had a change to make a living racing speedway rather than pay pay pay out to ride

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SCB said:

It must have been Lee that I was thinking off.  I remember reading about it in the speedway star so it was maybe Ricky and Lee when they went to Sheffield.

23 hours ago, sparks123 said:

It must have been Lee that I was thinking off.  I remember reading about it in the speedway star so it was maybe Ricky and Lee when they went to Sheffield.

Lee Complin's grasstrack career fell victim to the foot and mouth epidemic late 2001. He signed a deal with Nu Trak to ride speedway, joined Sheffield and the rest is history... Lee Complin was jaw dropping around Owlerton, leg trailing but riding the boards on many occasions (Garry Stead's benefit meeting mainly!).

Was gutted when Lee vanished from the sport, even more so when he returned some years later and signed for Stoke !

a good example of a motocross rider switching codes due to foot and mouth is jonathan rae only switched to road racing from motocross then

now a milionaire and 3 times world superbike champion

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

a good example of a motocross rider switching codes due to foot and mouth is jonathan rae only switched to road racing from motocross then

now a milionaire and 3 times world superbike champion

lets not forget Carl  Fogarty, youth motocrosser  and we all know the rest . had the pleasure of seeing Carl on the youth moto x scene . words cant describe just how good he was .

Edited by jenga