British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

3 hours ago, Moranboys said:

don't knock it.would be a cracking meeting to get the season underway.not running scared are you?

No it’s just same old every year like palmdawwggg says would like a challenge first then we stick it to you 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

No it’s just same old every year like palmdawwggg says would like a challenge first then we stick it to you 

Surely you would want to face us with a full team with no injured riders out.

is it not a good idea to have a local team visit on your first meeting of the season . they bring starved supporters as  your team also have starved supporters . 

its a win , win situation and helps the club out in terms of funding .

@ wucky we are certain to have newcastle as our first oppo @ home . no grumbles here at all ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spin king said:

Surely you would want to face us with a full team with no injured riders out.

What's difference between facing Sheffield or any other side with a full team? 

8 hours ago, Moranboys said:

don't knock it.would be a cracking meeting to get the season underway.not running scared are you?

I agree.. Could be a cracking first meeting.. Two decent looking sides.. Local derby.. Hopefully a nice spring day... On a fab race track.. What more could speedway supporters want really? 

• Like 2

Guest Scunny2012
21 hours ago, jenga said:

CHEAPER PRICES !

Think we would all like that,  but it could be worse you could be paying ridiculous prices watching 22 people running up and down a playing field kicking a bag of wind,

Back to the post Bring on Sheffield!

50 minutes ago, Scunny2012 said:

Think we would all like that,  but it could be worse you could be paying ridiculous prices watching 22 people running up and down a playing field kicking a bag of wind,

Back to the post Bring on Sheffield!

yeh.bring us on!

Heard the Tatum and Pearson night has about sold out... if its a successful night could we maybe have press n practice followed by meet the riders in the bar with everyone paying £6 to get in to include curry and chips with a pint?

Other than Scunny I can't see another team place for Jake knight so unless he is sitting out the season he must be the final rider.

On 01/25/2018 at 12:40 AM, ScunnyDan said:

Heard the Tatum and Pearson night has about sold out... if its a successful night could we maybe have press n practice followed by meet the riders in the bar with everyone paying £6 to get in to include curry and chips with a pint?

I might not want Curry and chips and i don't drink alcohol so that would keep me away.

• Haha 1

Ok have pie n peas and a soft drink . Scunny dan was only putting a suggestion forward .plenty of positives at scunny this season try buying into it .

• Like 5