British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

On 2/24/2018 at 9:44 AM, ScunnyDan said:

So according to the Scunthorpe Telegraph, Rob has narrowed the choice for the No 7 down to 3 - Danny Phillips, Ryan Kinsley and David Wallinger.. Personally I'd quite like to see Phillips or Kinsley, however Star says that Wallinger is the likely candidate. I cant fault his dedication to want to ride for Scunny, but cant see him improving realistically. Kinsley rides our track rather well and think he could become a regular heat 2 winner around the EWR.

To quote the Telegraph, 'Some of those could include Danny Phillips, Ryan Kinsley and David Wallinger who have all been mentioned'.

But I agree with everyone Danny Phillips is best option, especially as he posted on his twitter page 'First time back on my bike yesterday it felt like i was never off it everything felt good no pain in either leg or back can’t wait to start racing now'.

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

If all goes to plan, No 7 will be revealed during 'An Evening With The 2018 Scorpions' on Friday night:

http://scunthorpescorpions.co/?p=8192

if its shutty , he tries . but may pull the plug at any given moment !

dropped us in it last season . but good luck to him .

He wasn't the only one that dropped you in it. :approve:

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

He wasn't the only one that dropped you in it. :approve:

thank god he has crossed the border .  B)

Would really really like to see Danny Phillips, good reports coming from him from the training camp at IOW, and an ex Saint. Its awesome to see our young kids come up to become Scorpions (Ash Birks, Steve Worrall to name a couple)... I think it may be a different rider though

I would like to see Danny as our no7 & I am sure Steve will have his input on Rob's decision as he would have kept an eye on him at the IOW training camp. Wallinger was used a few times last year & cannot fault his enthusiasm to ride for the Scorpions but feel with the standard of no7's in the other teams, he would struggle as he is only, at the moment, a 5.6 NL rider & little Josh B is an 8.9 rider who is being replaced.

8 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I would like to see Danny as our no7 & I am sure Steve will have his input on Rob's decision as he would have kept an eye on him at the IOW training camp. Wallinger was used a few times last year & cannot fault his enthusiasm to ride for the Scorpions but feel with the standard of no7's in the other teams, he would struggle as he is only, at the moment, a 5.6 NL rider & little Josh B is an 8.9 rider who is being replaced.

Steve has taken a great interest in Danny whilst they were both at Newcastle. He has worked hard on Danny's gating and has rode together with him. I would say with Steve's influence, it a betting cert it is Danny, and he is your best choice. 

23 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Steve has taken a great interest in Danny whilst they were both at Newcastle. He has worked hard on Danny's gating and has rode together with him. I would say with Steve's influence, it a betting cert it is Danny, and he is your best choice. 

I think Danny will struggle big time. He's just came back from a serious injury and reserves this season are much stronger than last. I think he needs a season in the National League. Just my opinion. Don't shoot me down.

• Like 1