British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

42 minutes ago, Winditon said:

I think Danny will struggle big time. He's just came back from a serious injury and reserves this season are much stronger than last. I think he needs a season in the National League. Just my opinion. Don't shoot me down.

I agree or maybe the first half of the season just nl and if come come June or July he's scoring big he will soon be snapped up on a 2.00 . 

I don't see there's any rush for him just yet he's injury was pretty serious so I think it's better for him to just focus on fitness with less pressure .

As above don't shoot me down but I feel it's the sensible option.

1 hour ago, Winditon said:

I think Danny will struggle big time. He's just came back from a serious injury and reserves this season are much stronger than last. I think he needs a season in the National League. Just my opinion. Don't shoot me down.

The reports I have had back about how his sessions have gone is very positive, but thats like racing on your own without the hurly burley of normal racing.

One thing I am pleased about is he hasn't signed for us, as the pressure on him with his father a promoter would be immense and not fair.

9 hours ago, Tsunami said:

The reports I have had back about how his sessions have gone is very positive, but thats like racing on your own without the hurly burley of normal racing.

One thing I am pleased about is he hasn't signed for us, as the pressure on him with his father a promoter would be immense and not fair.

Totally agree. Although he might still do a better job for Scunny than the few names mentioned to fill their last place. 

On 02/03/2018 at 8:09 AM, Flappy said:

Ged would've signed him if he was ready 

No longer a Peterborough asset

Newcastle asset but not part of their plans for this season, hope hes a Scorpion this season

What has the delay actually been in announcing the rider? 

6 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

What has the delay actually been in announcing the rider? 

I believe that they originally said the announcement would be made after the winter series and open days and the one that impressed the most would get the final spot in the team.  I think the weather put paid to most, if not all, of those.

• Like 1

That’s exactly what was going to happen but didn’t because of the poor weather we have had. Shame really but a good idea would of been great to watch the riders in contention battling it out for the final place.

On 01/03/2018 at 9:24 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I agree or maybe the first half of the season just nl and if come come June or July he's scoring big he will soon be snapped up on a 2.00 . 

I don't see there's any rush for him just yet he's injury was pretty serious so I think it's better for him to just focus on fitness with less pressure .

As above don't shoot me down but I feel it's the sensible option.

Agree. Just needs time to feel his way back in.

Danny Phillips will be a great signing on a 2 pt average ,the way the side is set up he will have time to find his feet and with stevie W mentoring he will do just fine and an ex Scunny saint too