British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

Does anyone know if the open day that Rob was planning for MotoCross riders took place.  If so perhaps he unearthed another Worrall, Birks or Cook. Be interesting to see who turns out at the amateur meeting on Sunday if it goes ahead.

Edited by TJ41

9 hours ago, TJ41 said:

Does anyone know if the open day that Rob was planning for MotoCross riders took place.  If so perhaps he unearthed another Worrall, Birks or Cook. Be interesting to see who turns out at the amateur meeting on Sunday if it goes ahead.

To come in on a 2 point average the rider needs to have first ridden in the NL so a brand new rider from motocross wouldnt be a 2

Wouldnt be surprised if Mason Searsby got the nod for your final team spot. Great raw young talent. Certainly not afraid to throw a 500cc Gerhard around.

5 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Wouldnt be surprised if Mason Searsby got the nod for your final team spot. Great raw young talent. Certainly not afraid to throw a 500cc Gerhard around.

Not someone Im familiar with.

What are his NL stats like?

24 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Not someone Im familiar with.

What are his NL stats like?

I have asked on 3 occasions who this is yet no reply :rolleyes:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

To come in on a 2 point average the rider needs to have first ridden in the NL so a brand new rider from motocross wouldnt be a 2

2 point riders have to be eligible for the NL, they don't have to have ridden in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the greatest of respect as nobody has heard of him from either NL or development leagues id fancy it won't be this mystery Searsby or any of the wind up names Odsal is chucking about in a cruel way. Suggesting names just so others can immediately dismiss them is not productive in any way.

As for the possibility of a moto cross convert getting a team place straight into the Championship is both laughable and dangerous. Whatever natural ability / balls they may have they will have nowhere near the skill set to compete safely at that level.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sings4Kings said:

As for the possibility of a moto cross convert getting a team place straight into the Championship is both laughable and dangerous.

sounds highly entertaining to me:lol:

3 hours ago, Sings4Kings said:

With the greatest of respect as nobody has heard of him from either NL or development leagues id fancy it won't be this mystery Searsby or any of the wind up names Odsal is chucking about in a cruel way. Suggesting names just so others can immediately dismiss them is not productive in any way.

As for the possibility of a moto cross convert getting a team place straight into the Championship is both laughable and dangerous. Whatever natural ability / balls they may have they will have nowhere near the skill set to compete safely at that level.

Daniel Bewley? ;)

Cant knock Dans talents or progress. Were plenty who questioned his inclusion in a Championship side who to be fair had to have a Brit 2 pointer & picked from one open practice session. But it would be a fair assessment to say that Bewley on many levels is the exception rather than the rule.

On 11/21/2017 at 1:17 PM, OdsalBoy said:

A prodigy of Linus Sundstrom i believe, has been over in UK doing laps at various tracks and has turned a hell of a lot of heads in the process. Just turned 17, lightning fast and has great machinery underneath him. Saw earlier in the Scunthorpe 2018 thread that he could be a potential signing. Would be a great prospect if so but would much rather have him at Sheffield obviously. :-)

Just seen this now... Sounds good, would have thought I'd have heard of him considering how much I'm supposed to like Linus xD

i thought the same to be honest when i heard. Would rather go with fresh raw talent like Saul Bulley.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1